July 02, 2024, 10:23:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The United States is:
Still the American Dream - 28 (11.9%)
Just a place - 44 (18.7%)
Fat people - 72 (30.6%)
The land of legal money laundering and money injection - 70 (29.8%)
idgaf - 21 (8.9%)
Total Voters: 235

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinion on the US  (Read 18937 times)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 12:09:17 AM

LOL - clearly photoshopped but funny!

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 12:11:11 AM

I'm sorry, as a Canadian, I see Americans as plain fat people who have a huge nuclear explosion Grin
I'm sorry, as an American, I see Canadians as people who travel in USA to fix they medical problems, as with their healthcare system they wait in line forever just to make MRI.

The two-tier system we are slowly moving to in Canada is awesome.

I can have my health care for free if I am willing to wait, or if I have money I can get it done right now, and thereby shorten the waiting time of people behind me.

Everyone wins.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Oldgamer

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:21:59 AM

I'm sorry, as a Canadian, I see Americans as plain fat people who have a huge nuclear explosion Grin
I'm sorry, as an American, I see Canadians as people who travel in USA to fix they medical problems, as with their healthcare system they wait in line forever just to make MRI.

I can have my health care for free if I am willing to wait, or if I have money I can get it done right now, and thereby shorten the waiting time of people behind me.

Everyone wins.

You just have to remember: there is nothing is for free in that life. Somebody pays for it as taxes or other way. Yes, if you not willing to work and live on social help, you will get help, despite that you are a parasite.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 12:32:11 AM

Everyone wins.

You just have to remember: there is nothing is for free in that life. Somebody pays for it as taxes or other way. Yes, if you not willing to work and live on social help, you will get help, despite that you are a parasite.

Canadians pay monthly healthcare dues to fund the system, so I guess it's not totally free.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4606
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:39:13 AM

I don't mind that my taxes go to help someone with the misfortune to get sick and without the resources to deal with it.  I'm happy enough if I never get into that situation.

What pisses me off is that we have an extremely inefficient health care system largely because, IMO, it is for profit.  More profit is to be made by charging more and giving less and skimming the middle.  It's as plain as the nose on one's face.

I do not appreciate it at all that the government is complicit in forcing me into a situation where my tax dollars go not to people who need it but to and industry with useless parasite CEO's making $100k per day.  This is classic 'merger of state and corporate power' and Obama is as good at it as anyone has been to date.  It only takes a person who can complete a sentence to impress my liberal friends these days, and Obama is relatively good at that.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:55:57 AM

Everyone wins.

Or maybe a baby of a parasite Smiley
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 06:26:36 PM

I don't mind that my taxes go to help someone with the misfortune to get sick and without the resources to deal with it.  I'm happy enough if I never get into that situation.

What pisses me off is that we have an extremely inefficient health care system largely because, IMO, it is for profit.  More profit is to be made by charging more and giving less and skimming the middle.  It's as plain as the nose on one's face.

I do not appreciate it at all that the government is complicit in forcing me into a situation where my tax dollars go not to people who need it but to and industry with useless parasite CEO's making $100k per day.  This is classic 'merger of state and corporate power' and Obama is as good at it as anyone has been to date.  It only takes a person who can complete a sentence to impress my liberal friends these days, and Obama is relatively good at that.

The FDA has a strong hand in this.  Having exceeded the bounds of its reason for existence long ago, it has created a giant and expensive approval process that is also ineffective.  The time it takes to bring new medicine to people has about doubled, from 8 years in the 1960's to about 15 years today and the cost is close to US$1B for a single drug.
http://reason.com/archives/2011/01/25/government-pills
As a result, we get less innovation for a greater cost, and a large incentive to game the process.  Less attention to more uncommon illness, and a proliferation of minor tweeks to existing medicine to prolong the patent protection without benefit.
Their process also increases medication shortages.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2012/02/13/health-care-leaders-drug-shortages-major-threat-patients/9XfOujrFRSEW5FBOkc1cmK/story.html

But worse even is that the FDA stranglehold doesn't end with the drug approval.  The manufacturer must get approval for how much of a drug it plans to produce with its "output controls".  We hear of fear of the "death panels".  they are already here.  Drs at John Hopkins had to ration cytarabine (treatiing leukemia and lymphoma) deciding who will live and who will die because of the FDA controls.  Other centers were less lucky and ran out completely.
http://healthaffairs.org/blog/2011/06/08/rx-drug-shortages-regulation-can-be-deadly/

And the FDA creates artificial monopolies.  "17P" was used for years to help expectant mothers from having pre-mature births, made by pharmacists cheaply for $10 a dose by low income families, until a company called Hologic got the FDA to approve this progesterone fomula and got exclusive rights to it, raising the cost to US$1500 per dose (US$30000 per pregnancy).

The costs are really because of private for profit enterprise?  More so the costs are because "private enterprise" can wield the power of government against the rest of humanity to enrich themselves.  Where you put the blame sort of depends on whether you think government should be doing this sort of thing in the first place, or on the other side, whether you think government should be doing everything and we should all be working for government.  It is the weird blend that some people think of as "private enterprise" (that is in reality anything but that), which is the source of the problems.

This gets compounded year by year because any failure of the system is used as an excuse to increase the system, until the system becomes too-big-to-fail, and then fails.

Putting our health in the sole hands of policy makers is wise, up until it isn't, but in the long run, we are all dead.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
meeh

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

:)

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2013, 01:42:03 PM

Haha funny  Grin

I recall someone from the US blaming bitcoin where only used to illegal stuff like drugs, killing and such like.. Wonder what they use the dollar for, "apparently not the same" Smiley

Oh, btw. A great American Cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q

Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 03:10:07 PM

I find USA to be hypocratic, two-faced, noisy and too dominant to other countries Cheesy
There noisyness is sometimes useful but mostly it's just not Cheesy
For example they spied on almost every major person in most European country altough they have no possible threat from those countries..

Take down the USA Babylon  Grin

werauchimmer

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 03:27:56 PM

The spying was bad. At least the german governments reaction was worse. For months all the politician were like "nah, zhe americans are our vriends! all is a-ok". Later it urns out the NSA and the GCHQ were spying on Chanceller Merkels "MerkelPhone" and everybody throws a hissy fit. Idiots.

Well, at least we won't have to fear Merkel commiting any acts of terrorism, I guess.
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 03:37:13 PM

The spying was bad. At least the german governments reaction was worse. For months all the politician were like "nah, zhe americans are our vriends! all is a-ok". Later it urns out the NSA and the GCHQ were spying on Chanceller Merkels "MerkelPhone" and everybody throws a hissy fit. Idiots.

Well, at least we won't have to fear Merkel commiting any acts of terrorism, I guess.

why would they think americans aren't their friends?
they couldn't possibly know that they were spying them :/

werauchimmer

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 04:40:24 PM

That "Nah, all is okay" was the reaction to "finding out" (as if they did not know, how dense can you be?) that the NSA was basically wiretapping all of germany. Months ago.

The "ALARM! ZHE americans are spying on us" was the reaction a few weeks ago to "finding out" that Merkels phone was tapped. Somehow it makes me kinda angry that our politicians seem to think they are that much more improtant than, say, me. Oh well, derailing the thread.

ajax3592

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 04:54:51 PM

USA is really crossing their limits  Angry  Will there ever be enough of their corporate plunder ?
Are their any hackers from Anonymous group here, wreck havoc on USA already !

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
cdtc

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:13:04 PM

American people are more or less  good or bad as everyone else but
american government is absolutely bad and I have the worst opinion of them.
All they want is profit and power.

BetFury                                                     
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹
                                                    Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   
deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:14:08 PM

As an American, I agree with this statement.

ajax3592

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:36:39 PM

As an American, I agree with this statement.
There is nothing wrong with the people of US its just that they are being brainwashed from a century so its not easy waking up from a century long sleep.

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Loki8

Activity: 146

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:43:55 AM

American people are more or less  good or bad as everyone else but

I think every country has the government it deserves, maybe not always true for dictatorships but often true for other countries.

Americans wanted a cowboy for president that starts wars, they had Bush, after they wanted a black President to get any credit, they have Obama.

Russians want a strong leader who can take decisions by force, they have Poutine.

Chinese people want a strong central goverment to be their political father who can direct them into their common goals.

In the Nordic countries, the People and their politicians are the most trusting and the least corrupt in the world.

Yes, Joseph de Maistre was right: "Every country has the government it deserves". Americans have the power to change, and if everybody complains about how bad the government is doing, it's their own faults for putting them in the first place.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 02:56:43 AM

I think every country has the government it deserves, maybe not always true for dictatorships but often true for other countries.

Americans wanted a cowboy for president that starts wars, they had Bush, after they wanted a black President to get any credit, they have Obama.

Russians want a strong leader who can take decisions by force, they have Poutine.

Chinese people want a strong central goverment to be their political father who can direct them into their common goals.

In the Nordic countries, the People and their politicians are the most trusting and the least corrupt in the world.

Yes, Joseph de Maistre was right: "Every country has the government it deserves". Americans have the power to change, and if everybody complains about how bad the government is doing, it's their own faults for putting them in the first place.

Very broad generalizations.  Often US presidents have had less than 50% "approval ratings" for much of their time in office:

Usually just a pick of two choices, most do not get what they want, even when they think they do.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:13:33 AM

i think that is just broad brushing. gore actually won the popular vote, so more people voted for him than they did bush. and even if he didn't win the popular vote, it was still basically something like 48% vs. 48%. to say that a country of 300 million people deserved bush because 48% of the people voted for him is.. kind of reaching far.

i think governments all across the world do not represent the average citizen.
Notanon

Activity: 388

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 08:33:58 AM

I don't suppose it would be a matter of time until a third political force start to challenge both the Republicans and the Democrats?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: