May 25, 2024, 07:10:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The United States is:
Still the American Dream - 28 (11.9%)
Just a place - 44 (18.7%)
Fat people - 72 (30.6%)
The land of legal money laundering and money injection - 70 (29.8%)
idgaf - 21 (8.9%)
Total Voters: 235

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinion on the US  (Read 18936 times)
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:34:00 PM

Back in time US could be an American Dream, but now it's just a place, otherwise i still can't get in there without visa ;s

it was the american dream just because they used other countries for their own gain, now they still do but just a few poorly developed countries and they can't build up to the expectations they created with their marketing enslavement of other nations Wink

Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:42:32 PM

What is this, stormfront?

Oh wait, just racist muslim sympathizers. Do they even know how their 'points' apply a hundred times more to themselves than others?

LOL @ all the weak willed fools getting swept up in contrarian bandwagon.

On the other hand, I am not too sure about the 'fat' thing - as far as statistics go, Mexico is the most obese country in the world. Also, I have seen some of the fittest and strongest people around the world in US, versus the 'fat' people. I believe that over representation of 'fat' issue is due to the fact that many obese people in America still behave and strut around as if they have no problems, thus being more visible, while in other nations people feel the need to be more withdrawn due to their physical problem, at least not being quite so social and forward with themselves due to pressure. I have personally seen some of the fattest people on earth in east asia as well as latin america and even africa.

Lastly, I really hope no one's going to try and look up BMI to see who's the 'fattest' since BMI does not distinguish between types of bodily composition in their study. If going by BMI, I would be considered obese, despite being 6 foot 5, 260 pounds and very little of it fat. So would the whole line of new england patriots and most of the heavy weight boxer types.

that's rascist and so on you're rascist and you have no right to point fingers to someone as you're doing it too!

If a certain group decides to loudly proclaim their 'identity' than proceeds to act in accordance with 'their people' than they are asking to be classified under the same banner. You don't get to avoid responsibilities and group guilt when you want to enjoy group identity. Especially when they are begging to be identified as part of a 'special group'. Rights and responsibilities go hand in hand.

Don't like it? Don't make excuses for your 'people' (just a bunch of reactionary fools who thinks having that kind of 'identity' makes them 'unique' LOL).

Muslims are racists. Just ask any migrant workers in the middle east. Or the blacker libyan citizens who fled after 2011. Hell the migrant workers are supposed to be majority muslims too, but get garbage treatment. Besides, arabs have a long history of slave trade even before muslim times, having the honor of being the first mass enslavers of africans (or nubians as they called them).

Racism is generally defined as actions, practices, or beliefs that consider the human species to be divided into races with shared traits, abilities, or qualities, such as personality, intellect, morality, or other cultural behavioral characteristics

As you are giving the same characteristic to all people in the same religion you're by all means racist!
you're a lot worse than this people because they know who they are and you act like someone else altough you're a lot worse then them, you hate the muslims don't you? Smiley

I reserve the right to hate and kill those who display ignorance Smiley

You are getting pathetic trying to play word games and manipulate semantics (no one gives a shit about your bitching that way just so you know).

No body begged muslims or others to come to western nations. They have no right to be demanding anything, much less trying to convince themselves they are somehow 'victims'. Respect and dignity are two way streets. No one has an obligation to cater to anyone's fucking 'feelings'.

Also LOL @ 'enslaving'. I am sure your infantile bitching about how US is the enslaver is as pathetic as your self-convincing act of who is in the wrong.

You just love making bitch moves all over the place.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:44:41 AM

What is this, stormfront?

Oh wait, just racist muslim sympathizers. Do they even know how their 'points' apply a hundred times more to themselves than others?

LOL @ all the weak willed fools getting swept up in contrarian bandwagon.

On the other hand, I am not too sure about the 'fat' thing - as far as statistics go, Mexico is the most obese country in the world. Also, I have seen some of the fittest and strongest people around the world in US, versus the 'fat' people. I believe that over representation of 'fat' issue is due to the fact that many obese people in America still behave and strut around as if they have no problems, thus being more visible, while in other nations people feel the need to be more withdrawn due to their physical problem, at least not being quite so social and forward with themselves due to pressure. I have personally seen some of the fattest people on earth in east asia as well as latin america and even africa.

Lastly, I really hope no one's going to try and look up BMI to see who's the 'fattest' since BMI does not distinguish between types of bodily composition in their study. If going by BMI, I would be considered obese, despite being 6 foot 5, 260 pounds and very little of it fat. So would the whole line of new england patriots and most of the heavy weight boxer types.

that's rascist and so on you're rascist and you have no right to point fingers to someone as you're doing it too!

If a certain group decides to loudly proclaim their 'identity' than proceeds to act in accordance with 'their people' than they are asking to be classified under the same banner. You don't get to avoid responsibilities and group guilt when you want to enjoy group identity. Especially when they are begging to be identified as part of a 'special group'. Rights and responsibilities go hand in hand.

Don't like it? Don't make excuses for your 'people' (just a bunch of reactionary fools who thinks having that kind of 'identity' makes them 'unique' LOL).

Muslims are racists. Just ask any migrant workers in the middle east. Or the blacker libyan citizens who fled after 2011. Hell the migrant workers are supposed to be majority muslims too, but get garbage treatment. Besides, arabs have a long history of slave trade even before muslim times, having the honor of being the first mass enslavers of africans (or nubians as they called them).

Racism is generally defined as actions, practices, or beliefs that consider the human species to be divided into races with shared traits, abilities, or qualities, such as personality, intellect, morality, or other cultural behavioral characteristics

As you are giving the same characteristic to all people in the same religion you're by all means racist!
you're a lot worse than this people because they know who they are and you act like someone else altough you're a lot worse then them, you hate the muslims don't you? Smiley

meh. Being Cherokee means I don't have to care about the lesser races.

Just kidding, though I do have fun saying that when people raise this blather. My actual opinion is that all races and groups are equally worthless. It's individuals (and to a lesser extent teams and corporations) that make a difference for good or ill, and their skin color has nothing to do with it. Cultures tend to have good and bad points. That's really where the "opinion on America" falls, culture.

American culture has some very good points. We have a deep seated belief in liberty, even though the actuality of it has escaped us, and we are, as a rule, rather innovative. Or at least were. But in recent years our culture has embraced fear as something useful and desirable. This is NOT a positive. We are also extremely litigious, to the point of absurdity. This needs to go as well. We have in recent years abandoned our distrust of those in authority, and this is suicidal. Our country was founded on such distrust, and it was not misplaced. The more we cooperate and/or ignore their depredations, the bolder they get. The way the cops act now would have gotten them killed in my youth. Not by criminals, but by common citizens who felt (RIGHTLY!) that their life was not the business of a hired thug. And that's the bottom of the ladder.

Those at the top are so disconnected from the common experience as to be a separate species. Watch C-SPAN once in a while (if you can handle the mind numbing stupidity) and you'll see what I mean. They care a great deal about their power, but the know jack shit about the man on the street. And couldn't care less, other than a few months prior to polling time. Not even very much then, as the Republicrat superparty controls the voting.
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:33:20 AM

land of drons, GMO, chemtrails....

IOTA
j68r

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:57:57 AM

...and faux news

1Bjgt6S6Mk3GsAPM4Mx4RGS4zYhoFURyCZ
dreward

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 11:32:26 PM

Rotten beyond belief
It is easier to give a friend $100 than to give $1 each to people you don't know (if you don't believe me try it at least you will make 101 people a little happier) and so it is with government they give larges sums of money to their friend and say FU to the masses. They are not inherently mean or evil they just can't see beyond the ends of their noses. This is a problem with groups of people. 5 people can be egalitarian and help each other, communicate and know each other, it would be anathema to them to not help one of their group if they fell on hard times. 100 people is still a community but they might ignore one man down on his luck at least for a while. 1000 people will give money to charity and hope that it helps that man. 1,000,000 people could give a damn!
Society has become so large that we need to revert to small independent groups to regain our humanity.
elchelito

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:18:03 PM

it's all soaked with corruption. greed is the prevailing attitude.

democrarcy in the the US is a thing of the past. a democracy with two parties, seriously? and the one with the most money wins. the system is a joke. and i think no other western nation has such an effective brainwashing machinery going to keep their people uninformed and distracted.

while at the same time i have a feeling that more and more people are waking up from the american dream and realize they are stuck with a system that only acts in favor of the 1% and abuses all the rest.

apart from that the US is an amazingly beautiful country and there are lots of awesome people over there.

Grin
Taras (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 03:04:24 PM

subtle bump.
YOU CAN'T SEE ME!
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:48:19 PM

democrarcy in the the US is a thing of the past. a democracy with two parties, seriously? and the one with the most money wins. the system is a joke. and i think no other western nation has such an effective brainwashing machinery going to keep their people uninformed and distracted.

while at the same time i have a feeling that more and more people are waking up from the american dream and realize they are stuck with a system that only acts in favor of the 1% and abuses all the rest.

apart from that the US is an amazingly beautiful country and there are lots of awesome people over there.

Grin

The way we resoundingly said 'Hell No!' to the Syria thing did a lot to restore my faith in our population.  This even when a lot of people bought the crap about 'the Butcher of Damascus' and his proposed use of sarin to 'kill his own people.'  Of course a lot of us (and seemingly a vast majority of clued in analysts world wide) had this pegged as obvious bullshit all through the media phase of the project.

Probably the most interesting thing was the dis-connect between our government and the attitude of the population.  Seems that Rice, Kerry, and their ilk thought they it would be no problem to herd us into yet another war and received an unexpected bitch-slap.  (And an equally devastating one from Great Brittain which was nice to see...to bad the French are such scum, but at least their influence is minimal.)  The unfortunate side effect of this is that now it is clear that a somewhat more powerful persuasive tool will be needed for the next run.  The effects of 9/11 operation are obviously getting a bit long in the tooth.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 12:01:06 AM

It no longer matters whether or not 9-11 was a false flag, the effect is the same.
We have yet to shed the excessive burdens we adopted due to perceived threat.
It is entrenched.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:41:48 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 03:01:20 AM by tvbcof

It no longer matters whether or not 9-11 was a false flag, the effect is the same.
We have yet to shed the excessive burdens we adopted due to perceived threat.
It is entrenched.

More and more I'm coming to the opinion that it does indeed matter.  The latest impulse is that it is being used fairly blatantly to make some significant changes to the foundational documents of our country.

The concept of privacy was probably equally well understood by the framers of the constitution as by some of us now.  There is nothing new about collection and collation of internal intelligence data, and the mischief that can (and almost certainly will) be caused by groups of people who have the ability to obtain and leverage this info.  There is no doubt in my mind that many of the framers had a very 'modern' understanding of these things because, again, they have not actually changed very much since Roman times and probably before.

9/11 is trotted out to justify these foundational changes and that is a bad thing.  A very bad thing in my mind.  To me and many other people who have studied things a bit (and are able to parse Harrit's study paper, have worked in demolition, etc) it is pretty much beyond doubt 9/11 was an 'inside job.'  As (and if) more people accept the event for what it is, it will be more difficult to use it as a justification to change the nature of our nation.

- edit: spelling and link:  http://nielsharrit.org/

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 03:24:57 AM

Weather it was or not, what it is being used to justify is neither a good end nor a good means.
The insinuations of past conspiracy drags folks away from the matters at hand today and now.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
mladen00
Legendary

K-ing®

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:45:05 AM

false flag country, without medical care

IOTA
plateex

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:27:27 PM

honestly, just a country (no offence meant)... currently it happens to be the world's superpower in military and economic terms but I don't see a reason why it should pride itself on being the greatest, most democratic country, etc. there are many countries in the world that respect human rights, guarantee freedom of speech, assembly etc. (just look to Western Europe). and not a few of them have better healthcare and educational systems than US. some of them also had their "15 minutes of fame" in the past (a bit similar to the current US position).

and I'm not sure about American dream - I've recently come across some sociological studies about declining social mobility (but I admit that's a problem in other Western countries too).
mladen00
Legendary

K-ing®

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:20:56 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 03:42:42 PM by mladen00

they have MBL, NHL and others league, and they call (themself) the winers world champion?Huh
wtf

IOTA
Taras (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 12:10:26 AM

I would like to know the general opinion of my country.
Nobody seems to like it, I don't really like it and it has this weird dollar thing.

Is it really your country?
You have Russian name. Also, what you mean under "weird dollar thing"?

Yes,  I am American.
The dollar is foreign to me because of my potentially harmful obsession with bitcoin Smiley
Everyone here pronounces my name like 'Teris' but the only Russian thing about me is my name. I've never been outside of the states all my life.
Taras (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 10:53:53 PM

Bump for new voters of 2014 Smiley
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:14:12 PM

Seems as a joke, but...

[X] Totalitarian state under silent occupation.

bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 12:00:49 AM

Yes, I think the corruption level in the US is absurd. I'd say the current political system here is an economical apartheid.
I agree that the US is a beautiful place, but the government needs to change.

...and faux news

also the land of guatanamo. we got all the best stuff  (sarcasm)

psudoBTC

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 02:06:58 AM

Back in time US could be an American Dream, but now it's just a place, otherwise i still can't get in there without visa ;s
The americian dream is gone because excess regulations and taxes have driven businesses away annd because unions have bled the businesses that did stay dry.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: