May 30, 2024, 11:50:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The United States is:
Still the American Dream - 28 (11.9%)
Just a place - 44 (18.7%)
Fat people - 72 (30.6%)
The land of legal money laundering and money injection - 70 (29.8%)
idgaf - 21 (8.9%)
Total Voters: 235

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinion on the US  (Read 18936 times)
negafen

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 05:21:35 AM

Voted fat people because that is my only impression.
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 05:41:30 AM

Missing the option of "global bully", so voted for money injection.

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:25:32 AM

I'm old enough to remember what US manufacturing was like until the jobs were sent overseas.   The made in America was never as good as people claimed it to be.  I'm referring to those Zenith televisions that would always break!  Zenith doesn't even exist anymore.   Shocked  Now a more contemporary reminder are all those recalls in the US automobile manufacturers.

As much as people say made in China is junk - my clothes made in China haven't exploded on me yet, neither has my Ipod or the computer parts I bought over the years that came from China.  I haven't had a TV made overseas die on me yet, even though I witnessed multiple Zenith and other American brands die.   Let's face it the stuff made in East Asia is better than the stuff that was ever made in America.

Interestingly enough I was going through the history books and found out this has always been the case with American manufacturing.  Americans back in the 1860s, 1890s and the 1900s were calling for tariffs and the main argument was that American products (due to being inferior) couldn't compete with oversea products hence we needed a tariff to save our industry.

For all the argument of the WASP work ethic - it doesn't seem to have materialized much in US history outside of the armaments industry.  

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
spiceminer15

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 06:32:02 AM

government is evil ño matter where at or what form
hologram

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:51:01 AM

I want to say that US is better than many place but the American dream is more and more killed by the government.

omgbossis21

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:57:59 AM

As a citizen I can say that the government no longer represents the people.  The U.S has taken on the role of "big brother" in the world and now is expected to resolve problems everywhere when we do nothing for our own issues.  There is constant conflict both in and of itself and worldwide!  Non-stop fraud and criminal investigations from the top to the bottom and never any punishment! 
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:25:04 AM

As a citizen I can say that the government no longer represents the people.  The U.S has taken on the role of "big brother" in the world and now is expected to resolve problems everywhere when we do nothing for our own issues.  There is constant conflict both in and of itself and worldwide!  Non-stop fraud and criminal investigations from the top to the bottom and never any punishment! 

I'll second this.  US citizen born and raised but I don't feel like the government has my best interests at the top of their agenda - I think their more interested in keeping personal power to live like little kings of their fiefdoms with the POTUS as emperor.
elliwilli

Activity: 307

et rich or die tryi

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 11:29:48 AM

I don't really care about it. it's a global superpower but really all i see it good for is holidays!

u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:10:08 PM

As a citizen I can say that the government no longer represents the people.  The U.S has taken on the role of "big brother" in the world and now is expected to resolve problems everywhere when we do nothing for our own issues.  There is constant conflict both in and of itself and worldwide!  Non-stop fraud and criminal investigations from the top to the bottom and never any punishment!  

I'll second this.  US citizen born and raised but I don't feel like the government has my best interests at the top of their agenda - I think their more interested in keeping personal power to live like little kings of their fiefdoms with the POTUS as emperor.

I mostly agree with you both, but I have to disagree on your representation of the president as being the "emperor" - as far as I can tell, he's mostly a puppet, with the real "emperors" being those that financed his campaign (by the way, I don't mean this just about the current president).
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:38:10 PM

As a citizen I can say that the government no longer represents the people.  The U.S has taken on the role of "big brother" in the world and now is expected to resolve problems everywhere when we do nothing for our own issues.  There is constant conflict both in and of itself and worldwide!  Non-stop fraud and criminal investigations from the top to the bottom and never any punishment!  

I'll second this.  US citizen born and raised but I don't feel like the government has my best interests at the top of their agenda - I think their more interested in keeping personal power to live like little kings of their fiefdoms with the POTUS as emperor.

I mostly agree with you both, but I have to disagree on your representation of the president as being the "emperor" - as far as I can tell, he's mostly a puppet, with the real "emperors" being those that financed his campaign (by the way, I don't mean this just about the current president).

Our government is like a store, the ones with the money have the power. The US president is in a way living like a king, but the "emperors" are the ones with the most money.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:44:17 PM

Just a fat people  Grin .
negafen

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 02:10:02 PM

I'm old enough to remember what US manufacturing was like until the jobs were sent overseas.   The made in America was never as good as people claimed it to be.  I'm referring to those Zenith televisions that would always break!  Zenith doesn't even exist anymore.   Shocked  Now a more contemporary reminder are all those recalls in the US automobile manufacturers.

As much as people say made in China is junk - my clothes made in China haven't exploded on me yet, neither has my Ipod or the computer parts I bought over the years that came from China.  I haven't had a TV made overseas die on me yet, even though I witnessed multiple Zenith and other American brands die.   Let's face it the stuff made in East Asia is better than the stuff that was ever made in America.

Interestingly enough I was going through the history books and found out this has always been the case with American manufacturing.  Americans back in the 1860s, 1890s and the 1900s were calling for tariffs and the main argument was that American products (due to being inferior) couldn't compete with oversea products hence we needed a tariff to save our industry.

For all the argument of the WASP work ethic - it doesn't seem to have materialized much in US history outside of the armaments industry.  

Make in US used to be something to be proud of and people used to avoid "make in Japan".

Guess time have changed.
jjc326

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:22:22 PM

Compared to MOST other places, the US is still better in terms of quality of life and "freedom."  However I do agree it is much harder to make a good living in the US than it used to be.

Regarding the government, I also agree it is mostly interested in preserving its own power. That's why I rarely vote for an incumbent and I think people need to wake up and vote for candidates who are not in the major parties.  I wouldn't vote for a radical but just someone who thinks more outside the box.  Our founding fathers also spoke of not letting 1 person stay in power too long.
ShibaWow

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 08:09:38 PM

As much as people say made in China is junk - my clothes made in China haven't exploded on me yet, neither has my Ipod or the computer parts I bought over the years that came from China.  I haven't had a TV made overseas die on me yet, even though I witnessed multiple Zenith and other American brands die.   Let's face it the stuff made in East Asia is better than the stuff that was ever made in America.

Make in US used to be something to be proud of and people used to avoid "make in Japan".

Guess time have changed.

that was in back to the future, right?

when the Doc said the DeLorean was crap because it was made in Japan and Marty told him that everything good is made in Japan
or it was the other way around Cheesy

Compared to MOST other places, the US is still better in terms of quality of life and "freedom."  However I do agree it is much harder to make a good living in the US than it used to be.

Regarding the government, I also agree it is mostly interested in preserving its own power. That's why I rarely vote for an incumbent and I think people need to wake up and vote for candidates who are not in the major parties.  I wouldn't vote for a radical but just someone who thinks more outside the box.  Our founding fathers also spoke of not letting 1 person stay in power too long.

Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 10:40:27 PM

Guess time have changed.

Well before the US / Germany it used to be the British.  The British used to laugh at the quality of German automobiles and other industrial products.

Italy also saw substantial improvements after the war too.   Like in Germany's case, I guess it helped when all your factories were blown up that you remade them with contemporary technology.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
DrG
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:55:40 AM

I would agree with you about Obama being a puppet before the 2nd election.  The way he works and acts now is too fluid and smooth to be the work of any puppet master.  That would be like saying Cheney was a puppet.  Was Cheney Bush's puppet master or was he himself a puppet?

I think Obama is Machiavellian - he knows what he wants and is personally trying to get it.  He will use anything he has to go get that.  Look at his talk from 2004 to 2008 - for a puppet that's a lot of 180s.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:03:25 AM

Guess time have changed.

The quality of the American products have slipped quite considerably (due to a large number of reasons such as taxes, unqualified staff.etc), while that of the Japanese products have remained constant.
fdiini

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:11:30 AM

Guess time have changed.

The quality of the American products have slipped quite considerably (due to a large number of reasons such as taxes, unqualified staff.etc), while that of the Japanese products have remained constant.

Government hiring process is largely influence by politic rather than qualification. Reason why it is getting more bloated every year,
DrG
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:24:27 AM

Guess time have changed.

I would agree with that assessment.  15 years ago you would buy something made in china and you would curse at the horrible instructions and shody quality.  While today's stuff made in American may not be called shody, it certainly is not fine craftsmanship.  Even the manuals are horrible - they're in English but they don't make sense, and skip obvious steps, and the diagrams are pathetic.

Look at the ASICs coming out of BFL and compare that to the stuff Bitmain is putting out in China... so sad.
iCrypt

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:58:08 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 03:32:05 AM by iCrypt

they are just jealous
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: