Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:38:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DDos sources is GHash.IO and associates  (Read 5050 times)
cowandtea

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:24:02 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2013, 12:43:37 PM by cowandtea

Shocked How do you know, maybe you are the real hacker Smiley

Proof it please !!!

I'm sorry but does it matter? The attack is over. If it turns out ghash.io was behind the attack what would any of you do? nothing. To be quite frank the attack was a plus for the network. BTCguild had far too much of the network hashing power in my opinion

It matters, because cex.io is backed by ghash.io. I wouldn't put any more BTC into it then.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:31:58 AM

Reputable? Who cares if its reputable? All it takes is one disgruntled employee or a dedicated hacker to take control of the pool and do whatever they want with that power. Sorry but no pool should have 40% of the network hash power which btcguild has had in recent months. That is more dangerous than a few small pools being "not reputable"

Except BTC Guild hasn't been 40% for roughly 6 months.  Maybe you should learn more about the actual network hashrate distribution instead of quoting shit from reddit/forums from blockchain.info's 24-hour charts.  BTC Guild was only ONCE above 40%, and that was entirely due to ASICMINER not being setup for solo mining when they first started up.

Never said you sustained 40% of the network hash rate I just said you had it. An attacker doesn't need to sustain that forever just long enough to do whatever he needs to do. I like Btcguild and I think eleuthria has done great things over there. But having so much of the network's hash power (and hence it's security) at one pool is not a good idea.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:56:13 AM

Reputable? Who cares if its reputable? All it takes is one disgruntled employee or a dedicated hacker to take control of the pool and do whatever they want with that power. Sorry but no pool should have 40% of the network hash power which btcguild has had in recent months. That is more dangerous than a few small pools being "not reputable"

Except BTC Guild hasn't been 40% for roughly 6 months.  Maybe you should learn more about the actual network hashrate distribution instead of quoting shit from reddit/forums from blockchain.info's 24-hour charts.  BTC Guild was only ONCE above 40%, and that was entirely due to ASICMINER not being setup for solo mining when they first started up.

Never said you sustained 40% of the network hash rate I just said you had it. An attacker doesn't need to sustain that forever just long enough to do whatever he needs to do. I like Btcguild and I think eleuthria has done great things over there. But having so much of the network's hash power (and hence it's security) at one pool is not a good idea.

I didn't "have it" unless you're talking about 6 months ago.  BTC Guild hasn't been above 32% of network hash rate since ASICMINER left. Hell, at this point referring to any public pool as a threat is losing sight of the larger picture.  GHash.IO will pretty soon be the largest amount of network hash rate (now at 440TH/s, a massive jump in almost no time at all).  ASICMINER is supposed to be putting up 500TH/s in the next 2 months as well.  KnC is starting their own private pool as well.  In about 3-6 months, you're probably looking at all the public pools *combined* not even representing 40% of the network.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 07:59:48 AM

Except BTC Guild hasn't been 40% for roughly 6 months.  Maybe you should learn more about the actual network hashrate distribution instead of quoting shit from reddit/forums from blockchain.info's 24-hour charts.  BTC Guild was only ONCE above 40%, and that was entirely due to ASICMINER not being setup for solo mining when they first started up.

Just admit you were wrong, dumbass.  You're just digging yourself deeper in to the hole you've made for yourself.
Leehoya

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 12:17:33 PM

I guess it isnt ghash.io. Maybe just some raging kid and pointed his/her botnet to the pools.

bee7

Activity: 574
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:56:13 PM

GHash.IO will pretty soon be the largest amount of network hash rate (now at 440TH/s, a massive jump in almost no time at all).

I am not so sure. The other vendors (KnC, e.t.c.) are already started shipment or are about to start. I think that the most part of these new devices will be spread over other pools/solo mining.

I am in no way associated with ghash.io apart from having 110Gh (120Gh as announced) bitfury device that is now connected to this pool. The pool have been DDoS'ed at the same time as other pools. For example, at some moment it lost approximately %50 of hashing power for more than three hours. I don't think that this was done intentionally to 'hide' the source of attack as the profits you could gain this way being a pool operator are close to zero.

I think that the DDoS was made by some people wishing to even more escalate the panic on the markets that was caused by the SR shutdown.

vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:33:24 PM

i blame the US government.....

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 05:38:46 PM

PROOF OR STFU WITH THE F.U.D!

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:09:53 AM

This ghash.io keeps growing at an alarming rate.  Who are they?
pyra-proxy

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:12:04 AM

private bitfury chip based mining pool right?  Bitfury is shipping chips now so they are bringing, from what I understand, a significant amount of hash rate online as their orders arrive.

bee7

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:09:40 AM

This ghash.io keeps growing at an alarming rate.  Who are they?

private bitfury chip based mining pool right?  Bitfury is shipping chips now so they are bringing, from what I understand, a significant amount of hash rate online as their orders arrive.

Private? Not exactly. Every Metabank's client received the credentials to access this pool with a miner unit (Metabank is a company that built the russian version of miner with Bitfury chips). I believe that FAN (Ukraine) also does the same. I have no idea if punin does. Also when you buy a hash power from the cex.io you get an account at ghash.io. As an option, you may contact this pool admin and ask for an account (I have no idea what reasons he has to accept or reject a request).

As for hash power growth speed, the agreement between Bitfury and foundry is 25 wafers a month AFAIK (this is  approximately 270Th per batch). However, due to different spontaneous delays in the whole production chain this not achievable, but still the growth is really high Sad
juhakall

Activity: 657
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 01:53:49 AM

private bitfury chip based mining pool right?  Bitfury is shipping chips now so they are bringing, from what I understand, a significant amount of hash rate online as their orders arrive.

Private? Not exactly. Every Metabank's client received the credentials to access this pool with a miner unit (Metabank is a company that built the russian version of miner with Bitfury chips). I believe that FAN (Ukraine) also does the same. I have no idea if punin does. Also when you buy a hash power from the cex.io you get an account at ghash.io. As an option, you may contact this pool admin and ask for an account (I have no idea what reasons he has to accept or reject a request).

As for hash power growth speed, the agreement between Bitfury and foundry is 25 wafers a month AFAIK (this is  approximately 270Th per batch). However, due to different spontaneous delays in the whole production chain this not achievable, but still the growth is really high Sad

I'm pretty sure you can just sign up to cex.io and forget buying hashpower entirely. The same account credentials will work on ghash.io.

I'm currently developing an experimental social AI platform
bee7

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 01:57:07 AM

I'm pretty sure you can just sign up to cex.io and forget buying hashpower entirely. The same account credentials will work on ghash.io.

May be. I did not checked.
tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 02:06:04 AM

i blame the US government.....
Yup!

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 08:32:53 PM

Blame Canada

because south park says so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOR38552MJA

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 12:23:32 AM

Blame Canada

because south park says so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOR38552MJA
blame wknight, he's been renting ddos power from tor sites to try and drop the total network hashrate to make it easier for his secret mining pool of compromised computers to earn him more coins

It's a shame that so many american's like to makeup bullshit to sling at others while they ignore their own countries downfalls

Doesn't feel so good to listen to bullshit thats aimed towards your general direction now does it?

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
MasterX

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:50:30 PM

its them:

| Donations: 1MegaXG1bd6mTEQCdAMjVzGexcYrF5LJKv |
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:53:31 PM

its them:

cex.io doesn't make ghash.io grow.  They're the same company.  They already own that hashrate.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
MasterX

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:57:40 PM

its them:

cex.io doesn't make ghash.io grow.  They're the same company.  They already own that hashrate.
i know its the same company, thats what/why i sayed.
there probably adding up hashing power when available.

| Donations: 1MegaXG1bd6mTEQCdAMjVzGexcYrF5LJKv |
001sonkit

Activity: 784

Casper - A failed entrepenuer who looks like Zhou

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 09:28:32 AM

This post needs a bump

GEMINI ACCOUNT REVIEW - Source of Funds Request
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: