Bitcoin Forum
August 29, 2024, 02:46:20 AM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from Japan  (Read 1241 times)
daibasen (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:39:11 AM

Hi Bitcoiners,

I've been lurking here for the longest time & have been involved with BTC meetups for a while.
Then I noticed that I've never actually posted anything here, so here's where I have to start.

I'm in Tokyo, where Bitcoin is accepted at a total of one cafe in the entire city. Fortunately it's one of the best ones.

See you all round!
Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 02:36:55 AM

Hi Bitcoiners,

I've been lurking here for the longest time & have been involved with BTC meetups for a while.
Then I noticed that I've never actually posted anything here, so here's where I have to start.

I'm in Tokyo, where Bitcoin is accepted at a total of one cafe in the entire city. Fortunately it's one of the best ones.

See you all round!
hello, and nice to meet you! welcome to our community. glad to have you here.

being in Japan, do trade on mtgox? if so, what is your experience with local bank transfers and such? i think it must be a paradise of arbitrage.... just buy on other exchanges, sell on gox, quick bank transfer back -- rinse and repeat. maybe i have it wrong....  Tongue
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 05:31:39 AM

Welcome to the forums! What is Japan like?

huadylmate

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:14:30 AM

Welcome, better luck for withdrawals for natives ?  Smiley
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:39:58 AM

Heyo daibasen! Can you tell me what the cafe accepting BTC is called?
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:45:09 PM

O-hyo-Go-zymas.
Well, it's morning here anyway.  Smiley

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
daibasen (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:48:30 PM

hello, and nice to meet you! welcome to our community. glad to have you here.

being in Japan, do trade on mtgox? if so, what is your experience with local bank transfers and such? i think it must be a paradise of arbitrage.... just buy on other exchanges, sell on gox, quick bank transfer back -- rinse and repeat. maybe i have it wrong....  Tongue

Funnily enough I've actually never traded on Gox, all my Bitcoin buying has been face to face at the meetups here.
Must get around to it soon though...
daibasen (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:49:08 PM

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone Smiley

Sorry for not personally replying to all, but the forum only lets me post once every 360 seconds.
btw I'm in Japan but I'm not actually Japanese. Well, not ethnically anyway.

Welcome to the forums! What is Japan like?

It's quite nice but occasionally a killer angel descends on the city & has to be taken out by children piloting giant biomechanoids.
Gets messy sometimes.
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:58:12 PM

It's quite nice but occasionally a killer angel descends on the city & has to be taken out by children piloting giant biomechanoids.
Gets messy sometimes.

ah, yes. The documentaries about that are kinda fun to watch. ^^
Nik1ab

Activity: 574

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:39:18 AM

Konnichiwa! Ogenkidesuka?

These are the only words I remember in japanese  Cheesy

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
JavaNomad

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 08:53:13 AM

Just went through the thread - still didn't see the name of the btc-accepting cafe in Tokyo. Please tell me it's one of the Akihabara Maid Cafes!

http://CoffeeCoin.io Blockchain Efficiency For The Specialty Coffee Trade
keatonatron

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Jack of oh so many trades.

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:57:20 AM

Just went through the thread - still didn't see the name of the btc-accepting cafe in Tokyo. Please tell me it's one of the Akihabara Maid Cafes!

You'd think so, but no.  Cheesy

The cafe is called The Pink Cow in Roppongi.

1KEATSvAhbB7yj2baLB5xkyJSnkfqPGAqk
JavaNomad

Activity: 96

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 09:00:00 AM

Awesome - I remember the Pink Cow Cafe - used to be in Shibuya a few years ago. Owner Traci was awesome. They use to have interesting Tech/Biz meetups there every month. Pink Cow Connection or something like that. Makes sense they'd be the ones to start accepting BTC.

http://CoffeeCoin.io Blockchain Efficiency For The Specialty Coffee Trade
daibasen (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:19:50 AM

Awesome - I remember the Pink Cow Cafe - used to be in Shibuya a few years ago. Owner Traci was awesome. They use to have interesting Tech/Biz meetups there every month. Pink Cow Connection or something like that. Makes sense they'd be the ones to start accepting BTC.

Yeah sorry, I think bitcointalk soiled itself & disappeared right as I wrote the answer to the cafe question.
Everything JavaNomad says about the Pink Cow is true. It's Tokyo's main expat/entrepreneur/tech hub; been in a few different locations over the past decade or so but the latest one is pretty nice.
Sustainable

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 03:19:22 AM

Welcome to the forum. I have much respect for Japan in terms of technological advance I believe if bitcoin will flourish anywhere it will be there Smiley

Cloud Mining - Mine when your computer is not on. Mine if you don't have the appropriate hardware or operating system! Mine when you are asleep! ---> https://cex.io/r/1/Sustainable/0/
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:12:25 AM

Yeah sorry, I think bitcointalk soiled itself & disappeared right as I wrote the answer to the cafe question.

Yeah bitcointalk was hacked

zengryT

Activity: 745

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 07:41:04 AM

Sorry for not personally replying to all, but the forum only lets me post once every 360 seconds.

With higher activity it decreases. With activity 15 the waiting time is just 60 seconds if I remember correctly

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.
zendantom

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 10:57:58 AM

Yes, the Newbie readme has loads of information on how to get out of the newbie section.

But probably no one reads it. But no surprice for me, i didnt read it when joined eighter  Smiley

daibasen (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:08:51 PM

Yes, the Newbie readme has loads of information on how to get out of the newbie section.

I haven't read it yet; thought I'd just go with the flow & hang out here for a while.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: