Bitcoin Forum
July 24, 2024, 11:37:42 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So many boring topics.Why do people prefer replying to old and meaningless posts  (Read 128 times)
natasha-lev (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:04:16 AM

I am relatively new in crypto and would like to learn more.  But every time I come and check altcoins topics I see so many old and meaningless posts.
It's OK that you can reply to them 1 or 2. But I see same posts 10 times and people keep saying same things, same answers and so on.
We need more fresh ideas and topics. We need some new and bright vision in bitcointalk.
omfg.xekcep

Activity: 798
Merit: 2

*** https://www.buying.com ***

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:32:17 AM

You understand why people write the same thing. Good ideas are few. For the campaigns you need to write a lot of messages. Many people have multiple accounts. So they write the same posts in old topics.
Off-top. Personally, I think, and maybe everyone will disagree with me. The introduction of merit did not help the forum at all. Most people wrote spam and meaningless messages, and will write them in future. And I wrote this mindless post)).
At the theme of merit. I think merit was created by the elders of the forum, who have many accounts with good ranks. And to protect your earnings. They introduced a system of glasses. Now it's almost impossible to get a good rank from scratch. In my opinion, ~70% turnover marit is a black markets/pool of old forum persons and only 30% really content evaluation

BUYING is here for you!
Meet buying.com’s
On-Demand Delivery System
-= https://www.buying.com =-
pentol86

Activity: 851
Merit: 254

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 12:37:20 AM

not every people has same understanding like you, but this is bitcoin forum, so bitcoin, altcoins, scam ico/token, failed crowdsale always discussed, and its normal for me

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
natasha-lev (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:19:14 PM

You understand why people write the same thing. Good ideas are few. For the campaigns you need to write a lot of messages. Many people have multiple accounts. So they write the same posts in old topics.
Off-top. Personally, I think, and maybe everyone will disagree with me. The introduction of merit did not help the forum at all. Most people wrote spam and meaningless messages, and will write them in future. And I wrote this mindless post)).
At the theme of merit. I think merit was created by the elders of the forum, who have many accounts with good ranks. And to protect your earnings. They introduced a system of glasses. Now it's almost impossible to get a good rank from scratch. In my opinion, ~70% turnover marit is a black markets/pool of old forum persons and only 30% really content evaluation

Yeaahh.  Totally agree with you about this merit system. Not sure about black market,  but merit system is not working at all. I am new at this forum,  but I have no chances of promotion due to merit system.
It's not perfect at all. I understand that forum requires something to stop meaningless messages,  but merit is not working. I have ZERO merit and have no idea what should I do to get 10 merit required to get higher rank.
Merit system is like hitting with your head into a wall while trying to get higher rank(((
I think that in order to stop multiple accounts creation - forum just need to link every btctalk account to facebook, reddit profile,  mobile phone and some other unique information per user identity. Such information could be provided through certain blockchain project in order to protect privacy.
johnyespapa

Activity: 257
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:35:54 PM

but merit system is not working at all. I am new at this forum,  but I have no chances of promotion due to merit system.
It's not perfect at all. I understand that forum requires something to stop meaningless messages,  but merit is not working.
You think so? for me the merit system is working because less shitposters are posting spam topics today,if you have been here for atleast half a year you would say the merit system really improved the posts all over the forums,there are few less spammers posting non sense topics here because it is worst few months back.What do you propose to replace the merit system if that is really not working?

OlinEmerson

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:43:32 PM

i was thinking the same thing got my answer now
Machine Funk

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:01:29 PM

I am relatively new in crypto and would like to learn more.  But every time I come and check altcoins topics I see so many old and meaningless posts.
It's OK that you can reply to them 1 or 2. But I see same posts 10 times and people keep saying same things, same answers and so on.
We need more fresh ideas and topics. We need some new and bright vision in bitcointalk.

If I could give you a merit I would but I don't get any on my rank Sad

It is most like due to making posting requirements but even still I don't know why there are so few topics. So many replies but not many topics. At least you made a topic about something so you added to the forum and if more people made topics there will be less spam and less meaningless posts as you say.

Also understand even if a topic has been answered there will still be people who want to give their opinion on something or want to reply to something they have read.
cryptoprophecy

Activity: 145

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:04:22 PM

How would you expect to those people who are joining signature campaigns?they will always write the same shit over and over and you should go a long with this people because you cant do anything about it.Today there are few shitposters compared from the last 2 months that is why i really like the idea of having this merit system permanently because if forces most of the people to post quality contents as they can.

BITEX >>> The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank <<< WHITEPAPER - ANN - JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
                TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE       PRE-ICO STARTS 23RD APRIL 12:00 GMT
wuclx

Activity: 447
Merit: 153

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:04:29 PM

It's really pathetic, that the same threads are kept alive for many months instead of discussing more interesting recent topics.
modtakels

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:08:44 PM

Do you mean meaning posts like this ? you should know theres a lot of people who are doing signature campaigns in the forum,that is why it is being flooded with shitposts,just like yours this doesnt have anything good information you are just literally adding some shit threads here.If you really dont want to see the same posts over and over you are free to leave this forum.

muhdatha

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:15:18 PM

Some people enough to read only short message and they understand an idea.
But some of us needs to more info.. and so many people don't want to read all thread from 1st post and ask same questions again and again. Smiley

hiwainmoto

Unibright Token Launch - 10th April 2018

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:21:01 PM

You know how the things work here,a lot of signature campaign participants wants to complete their tasks that is why most of the people here are posting the same threads over and over,i know what you feel but we cant do anything about this because this is how the forum works and you should know how to ride a long with these people.

cryptomarijuana

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:33:36 PM

Do you mean meaning posts like this ? you should know theres a lot of people who are doing signature campaigns in the forum,that is why it is being flooded with shitposts,just like yours this doesnt have anything good information you are just literally adding some shit threads here.If you really dont want to see the same posts over and over you are free to leave this forum.
He just literally added this thread to those boring posts that he is talking about,i dont know how people are pointing out others while not seeing themselves doing the same thing.This forum is indeed flooded by shitposts and there is nothing we can do about it.Merit system has somehow improve the quality posts from those shitposter compare to the last 2 months.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: