Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:00:00 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin on Metatrader 4 Forex Platform...  (Read 20352 times)
ecfxmarket (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 07:45:32 AM

Hey guys,

Just a reminder that bitcoin trading is now offered by some forex brokers such as Venetfx and Avafx...  This is a great opportunity for all miners and I wanted to offer the help of someone who has over 9 years experience in forex trading and 3 years experience programming automated trading software... If any new users to metatrader 4 need any help or have any questions, please reply to this post or pm me.... Chances are, I'll probably help you for no fee, considering that I've been dreaming for MT4 to utilize BTC as an instrument on the global market.

GO FOR THE GUSTO!!!
manoamano

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:51:59 AM

Thank you but it is not really usefull for most people
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 02:55:16 PM

Actually this is a very useful and relevant topic and will become more so. This is particularly true for those of us who have little or no Forex experience but extensive experience with Bitcoin. In my case after two years buying and trading Bitcoin I have opened my first MT4 Forex account yesterday primarily to trade BTC/USD CFDs. This was after two weeks of learning some of the basics of Forex including an introduction to MT4

This raises so many questions such as:
The differences between a BTC/USD CFD and holding the actual Bitcoin including "taking delivery" and the corresponding risks.
How Forex margin accounts work
How to effectively use margin to trade for additional BTC during a rising market.
The opportunity to short BTC.
The fact that Forex brokers are closed during the weekend, while the underlying market is not. This can be critical for dealing with stop losses.

and last but not least

The impact of large scale Bitcoin CFD trading on the price.

By the way I am not sure this is the best forum for this topic. Maybe Speculation where many of the active traders hang out.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 03:02:44 PM

also who takes the other side of the cfd trade? When do positions roll over? do The contracts expire? What is the swap rate for long short?

If brokers take other side you should expect to see price spikes to hit ur sl or margin call.. forex brokers are one of the worsed at screwing ppl out of their money and claiming they didnt do anything.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 03:53:41 PM

Swap rates can make a huge difference and also can vary substantially between brokers. By the way VenetFx does not trade Bitcoin CFDs. What they do is accept accounts denominated in Bitcoin and also accept Bitcoin for deposits and withdrawals. AvaTrade and Plus500 do trade BTC/USD CFD's on accounts denominated in USD, EUR etc. The swap rates between the latter two are very different.

The counterparty to the CFDs is the broker who may typically hedge the trade. This does add certain risks.

By the way it is very easy to loose the entire investment with a Forex broker so it is paramount to be extra careful. To illustrate selling Bticoin short with 10x margin can wipe out an account real quick.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
ecfxmarket (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:05:17 PM

Swap rates can make a huge difference and also can vary substantially between brokers. By the way VenetFx does not trade Bitcoin CFDs. What they do is accept accounts denominated in Bitcoin and also accept Bitcoin for deposits and withdrawals. AvaTrade and Plus500 do trade BTC/USD CFD's on accounts denominated in USD, EUR etc. The swap rates between the latter two are very different.

The counterparty to the CFDs is the broker who may typically hedge the trade. This does add certain risks.

By the way it is very easy to loose the entire investment with a Forex broker so it is paramount to be extra careful. To illustrate selling Bticoin short with 10x margin can wipe out an account real quick.

All of these things a very true... Brokers can easily trade against you and it will screw with your mind. You'll think that it's a bad strategy when in reality, there's a device for MT4 brokers called the Virtual Dealer Plugin.... Very evil software that trades against profitable client accounts...  That would be the main thing to worry about with the FX brokers other than margin call (which is usually around 20% for most brokers).  Personally, I develop autotrade bots for Mt4 that work well to combat that....
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 05:14:35 PM

Any demo accounts for MT4 for iphone?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
ecfxmarket (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:53:49 PM

Yep... Try Nordfx or FXCM....
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 11:26:48 PM

Yep... Try Nordfx or FXCM....

Fxcm I have, don't see any bitcoin though.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
wilfried

Activity: 288

ManualMiner

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 07:37:23 PM

acutally i´m just testing metatrader4 with btc-e.

is there a feature to automatically calculate which price is needed for a trade to be profitable (i.e. order price + fees = minimum sell price)? maybe including a chart line?
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2404
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 08:11:17 PM

acutally i´m just testing metatrader4 with btc-e.

is there a feature to automatically calculate which price is needed for a trade to be profitable (i.e. order price + fees = minimum sell price)? maybe including a chart line?

[price]*1,0025 for a long

wilfried

Activity: 288

ManualMiner

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 05:08:01 PM

yes, but i want a colour-bar around my by/sell lines - showing the "non profit" boundary, or have it automatically calculated in the order window as min-buy/min-sell price
ecfxmarket (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:20:11 PM

yes, but i want a colour-bar around my by/sell lines - showing the "non profit" boundary, or have it automatically calculated in the order window as min-buy/min-sell price

I have a software suite that I developed called the Excelsi Price Alert... It does just that for you.
gkorycki

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:13:28 PM

also who takes the other side of the cfd trade? When do positions roll over? do The contracts expire? What is the swap rate for long short?

If brokers take other side you should expect to see price spikes to hit ur sl or margin call.. forex brokers are one of the worsed at screwing ppl out of their money and claiming they didnt do anything.

I know it is an old comment by the way something like that already happened wiping all stop losses and margin calls. When you look at history falsified by BTC-E it shows drop to 300usd in price which would be enough, but when you take external BTC-E BTC/USD history you will see that the drop was to 93usd. Im 99% sure the insiders were involved in this "wash trading" (pinning the price down) as theyt exactly knew where they were going and what the rewards are going to be (and falsified the history after that). So watch out put your stop losses and trade reasonably. Trading markets (forex, etc) are full of sharks and your broker is the biggest shark of them all!! Never trust your broker.

I created a programm to convert cvs history form external sources (RELIABLE!) like this:
http://api.bitcoincharts.com/v1/csv/

to internal MT4 history center to test my strategies with decent history quality. You can get it in this topic: (or history already converted into MT4 format)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527428.new#new
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:34:15 PM

Better yet dont use leverage simple as that.. im not surprised.. im sure many ppl will get screwed.. i offered valuable experience to those who are smart enough to not make a mistake before learning.

Also do not use strategy tester in mt4 it is flawed.. quick way to get a false sense of hope.
ecfxmarket (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:07:26 PM

Better yet dont use leverage simple as that.. im not surprised.. im sure many ppl will get screwed.. i offered valuable experience to those who are smart enough to not make a mistake before learning.

Also do not use strategy tester in mt4 it is flawed.. quick way to get a false sense of hope.

Yeah, leverage will screw you totally... I love how some brokers offer as much as 1:500 or even 1:1000 !!!! Those brokers are known as "bucket shops"... I prefer ecn/stp brokers which are the best scenarios for my custom expert advisors... I believe that BTC-E is using an ecn with 5th point precision for their custom MT4 platform... That's pretty good... Here's a link to my most recent statement from the BTC-E metatrader platform with my custom expert advisors:

http://computermoneymagic.bravehost.com/DetailedStatement.htmr6.htm

I'm using an expert advisor that I've developed called the "Market Sniper"....

Also, you're absolutely right about this:  Never use the strategy tester for anything... Definitely not to prove an expert advisor's effectiveness....
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:38:00 AM

Well an stp broker will have you trading against btce if they dont offer level 2 quotes.. if you can place instant orders then stay away. If you are placing orders against other traders them u may be oK like oanda does. I would read the terms of agreement to see details on counterparty and risk. If its a simple order matching system then it might be fine.. but I still dont like the fact that on mt4 server
you can set the feed to be filtered so people cant trade swings and then change it at will without anyone knowing.
chris777

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:45:06 AM

Click HERE To Immediately Download FAP Turbo 2.0 + bonuses  FAP Bitcoin + bonus Bitcoin Signal Indicator - link : http://po.st/fap

Fapturbo Forex is really good!!! Must secure your copy. I am running in demo right now and everything going well. It does not look like other EA...

Forex robot can be traded with ANY account size....BIG or SMALL!

(Fapturbo Is The Only Automated Forex Income Solution That Doubles Real Monetary Deposits. No Backtest Tricks. The Best Converting And Best Performing Forex Product !!!)
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:01:18 AM

Click HERE To Immediately Download FAP Turbo 2.0 + bonuses  FAP Bitcoin + bonus Bitcoin Signal Indicator - link : http://po.st/fap

Fapturbo Forex is really good!!! Must secure your copy. I am running in demo right now and everything going well. It does not look like other EA...

Forex robot can be traded with ANY account size....BIG or SMALL!

(Fapturbo Is The Only Automated Forex Income Solution That Doubles Real Monetary Deposits. No Backtest Tricks. The Best Converting And Best Performing Forex Product !!!)

Fap turbo only works in demo because it doesnt account for slippage. Since it is a scalper usually it needs low spread and slippage.. and its easy to see nice graphs on demo but try on a real account snd u will see. Nice affiliate link btw.. How much commission you make from ppl signing up under it?

Bottom line only use mt4 for charting not trading.
matt.safia

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 05:45:57 PM

https://i.imgur.com/hm3Yikx.png

This from Avatrad trading on Metatrader sure opens the horizons for the use of many technical analysis indicators.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: