Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:45:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bullish scenario  (Read 4735 times)
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 09:39:38 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2013, 03:43:25 PM by afbitcoins

Note: All updates posted at the end of the thread.

In light of the Silk Road take down I've been thinking along the lines of a large new rising channel, pictured below. This is slightly less steep than the channel i've been following on my blog. The silk road dip has confirmed the bottom line of this new channel I'm watching.

The fact that Fed is now seizing and accumulating bitcoins is bullish development in my view.

Red line shows slope of resistance, I expect we'll meander sideways staying within the channel and under that resistance for a while. Might not get resolved until late November, then I expect we'll break up, staying within the channel.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:51:36 AM

found this in memespeculation thread...

afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 11:53:51 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2013, 12:40:11 PM by afbitcoins

Yup definitely bullish
annette786

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 07:41:08 PM

Yup definitely bullish

Well, I may be down xxxx today, but it just may be worth it to see this.  Nice shark.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:24:26 PM

Heres what I'm thinking, breakout coming, either by busting through resistance, or dropping to lower parallel then busting through !

http://afbitcoins.wordpress.com/2013/10/01/resistance-is-futile/

I also have a bearish scenario in back of my mind, but hoping won't need that.

You should have let that nagging bear out of hibernation.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 09:52:44 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2013, 02:43:44 PM by afbitcoins

Edit: This post is now also copied to the first post on the thread.

In light of the Silk Road take down I've been thinking along the lines of a large new rising channel, pictured below. This is slightly less steep than the channel i first posted at top of thread. The silk road dip has confirmed the bottom line of this new channel I'm watching.

The fact that Fed is now seizing and accumulating bitcoins is bullish development in my view.

Red line shows slope of resistance, I expect we'll meander sideways staying within the channel and under that resistance for a while. Might not get resolved until late November, then I expect we'll break up, staying within the channel.

derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 02:58:48 PM

lol a flashcrash confirming a lower trendline? Is this some kind of bad joke?
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 03:23:48 PM

It is what it is
derpinheimer
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:43:23 PM

It is what it is

What this is is lines on a chart. Not TA.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 03:46:34 PM

It is what it is

i'll take lines on a chart over emotionally bear talk, anyday.

afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 03:53:28 PM

It is what it is

Not sure I follow, why is it not TA ?

The analysis I perform is based on trendlines. The slope is well defined from a trend which goes back months in time to before the bubble peak. The flash crash as you call it, could have fallen to any level above or below where it did, however it fell to the exact same line on my lower channel creating a second touch point. This could be co-incidence to some, to me this is a good confirmation of the new slope of the trendline. It is a bullish trend line. The other trend lines above on my chart have many touch points which gives me confidence in the slope.

If you are here to attack technical analysis I suggest you wasting your time, this is the speculation forum.

I thought there'd be more bears here though.
derpinheimer
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:00:18 PM

It is what it is

At least emotional talk can be funny. Lines on a chart is just too common.

It is what it is

Not sure I follow, why does it seem like a joke ?

The slope is well defined from a trend which goes back months in time to before the bubble peak. The flash crash as you call it, could have fallen to any level above or below where it did, however it fell to the exact same line on my lower channel creating a second touch point. This could be co-incidence to some, to me this is a good confirmation of the new slope of the trendline. It is a bullish trend line. The other trend lines above on my chart have many touch points which gives me confidence in the slope.

If you are here to attack technical analysis I suggest you wasting your time, this is the speculation forum.

I thought there'd be more bears here though. Have you noticed how all the bitcoin bears are ripple fanatics ?

A flashcrash is not effected significantly by a support level for obvious reasons (Bids dont get the chance to fill in. The SOLE reason for the price to stop falling is that selling has stopped) Support is BUYING pressure. Not a lack of selling pressure.

Imagine one more person offloading 5k stash. Now the low would be ~105, slightly below the trend. Or one less person, slightly above. The fact it ended very near this line is nothing but coincidence.
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 04:02:34 PM

It is what it is

It is what it is

The slope is well defined from a trend which goes back months in time to before the bubble peak. The flash crash as you call it, could have fallen to any level above or below where it did, however it fell to the exact same line on my lower channel creating a second touch point. This could be co-incidence to some, to me this is a good confirmation of the new slope of the trendline. It is a bullish trend line. The other trend lines above on my chart have many touch points which gives me confidence in the slope.

I thought there'd be more bears here though. Have you noticed how all the bitcoin bears are ripple fanatics ?

A flashcrash is not effected significantly by a support level for obvious reasons (Bids dont get the chance to fill in. The SOLE reason for the price to stop falling is that selling has stopped) Support is BUYING pressure. Not a lack of selling pressure.

Imagine one more person offloading 5k stash. Now the low would be ~105, slightly below the trend. Or one less person, slightly above. The fact it ended very near this line is nothing but coincidence.

Must be great being the omnipotent one
adamstgBit
Legendary

Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 04:05:28 PM

It is what it is

It is what it is

prediction: there will be over 10K coins sold in the next 24 hours, and price will move up.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:35:51 PM

It is what it is

It is what it is

prediction: there will be over 10K coins sold in the next 24 hours, and price will move up.

In the form of a gigantic spring and yawn concerning SR shutdown.  Cheesy

+1

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:02:24 PM

I thought you were a logscale analyst. Why the linear scale?
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 08:01:06 PM

Yes I think log scales are best to get true perspective of bitcoins because they are increasing rapidly on a short timescale, and shows the bubbles in context of the bigger picture. TradingView doesn't have the option of a log scale (but has excellent features for technical analysis), I guess using TradingView has started me looking at linear scales more than before. I'd say linear is a good approximation on shorter timescales.
notme
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:20:06 PM

Yes I think log scales are best to get true perspective of bitcoins because they are increasing rapidly on a short timescale, and shows the bubbles in context of the bigger picture. TradingView doesn't have the option of a log scale (but has excellent features for technical analysis), I guess using TradingView has started me looking at linear scales more than before. I'd say linear is a good approximation on shorter timescales.

TradingView does have log scale, it's just hidden.  Go to the gear, then "scales".

Linear is a good approximation for small time scales.  It is also good for stable (sideways) behavior.  This usually only happens on small timescales with bitcoin, but there have been some periods of long term stability, particularly with the shorting that happened over $5.  Eventually, the position got away from them. (cough p@40 cough)

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:05:33 PM

TradingView does have log scale, it's just hidden.  Go to the gear, then "scales".

Linear is a good approximation for small time scales.  It is also good for stable (sideways) behavior.  This usually only happens on small timescales with bitcoin, but there have been some periods of long term stability, particularly with the shorting that happened over $5.  Eventually, the position got away from them. (cough p@40 cough)

Its even easier to right-click on the scale to the right and select "Log Scale", done!
I guess most people are basing their trading decissions on linear scale charts. As unrealistic as linear charts are, they are the most commonly used, so their predictions tend to come true until traders favor log scales over linear scales Sad
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 07:50:51 AM

Thanks for the tip! You're right there is a log view, whadyaknow
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: