Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:36:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why would you do bounty works for projects that are clearly scams?  (Read 161 times)
Analyst101 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:34:46 PM

Bounty hunters are the main distributors of the scams. It's their actions that help scammers collect millions, from which hunters end up with 0 or still manage to profit from the share of the result of scam. You can minimize or completely exclude the support of the scams, doing your qualitative analysis of projects before supporting someone. Don't be lazy, this will increase your income and will be useful for the ecosystem. Otherwise, you will remain practically an accomplice in crimes.

Personally, I don't support projects in which I would not invest at least 1 bitcoin. It's better to be a quality contributor to worthy projects than a bounty hunter who rushes at everything. I'm not talking specifically about you, I'm generally talking about the current situation in this issue Wink

Your 1 bitcoin idea makes a lot of sense. Why contribute to something if you don't want to invest. Thanks for the insight.
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:59:26 PM

The same reason people invest in ICOs that are scam because they might not have done enough research, greed, etc.
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 12:02:09 AM

The same reason people invest in ICOs that are scam because they might not have done enough research, greed, etc.
You're right, there are a lot of greedy people here. and probably because they do not have a deep analysis, so they just want to "just go" to get a free token just by doing the easy thing

butcherme

Activity: 368
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:38:26 AM

I see there are several projects that have been flagged by the community as clearly scams. For example, some used fake team members. However, I still see some who do bounty works or apply for airdrops. I think it partly comes from not knowing that it’s a scam. I am pretty sure I signed up for some scam airdrops through telegram groups without knowing it was a scam. Some might be just internal scammers doing it to make it look legit as well. What are your thoughts?

Some people just join bounties without even reading through the white paper or even doing a back ground check on the team behind the project. It's always better to do your own research before joining any campaigns, because you are offering your skills and effort, it's also the same as investing.
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:40:26 AM

I see there are several projects that have been flagged by the community as clearly scams. For example, some used fake team members. However, I still see some who do bounty works or apply for airdrops. I think it partly comes from not knowing that it’s a scam. I am pretty sure I signed up for some scam airdrops through telegram groups without knowing it was a scam. Some might be just internal scammers doing it to make it look legit as well. What are your thoughts?
Why should we struggle to work for a scam project? of course we do not want, we only work for projects that have innovating products.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:43:22 AM

Some people just join bounties without even reading through the white paper or even doing a back ground check on the team behind the project. It's always better to do your own research before joining any campaigns, because you are offering your skills and effort, it's also the same as investing.

Sadly that is not what is happening. We don't read much these days but we keep on participating even sending much ETH to a project that is  still an idea, not knowing its just an idea even with funds to the team. I guess everyone had already been a victim of a scam ICO. I did send some ETH and BTC to several project supported by accomplice high rank users.
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:43:30 AM

You know what the problem is? The problem is that majority of the people here are not doing their basic responsibilities before joining a certain bounty campaign. They sign up in a particular bounty not knowing the basic ideas and objectives, the team, the history, behind the project. They do not even care to visit the project's website and their ANN threads. How would you expect them to know that they are already promoting a scam?

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
mrcastelo

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 04:09:51 AM

Well I don't do bounty works if a certain project is already flagged down by the community or it has an obvious call as a scam project. Because it will just consume my time and effort for doing a bounty work that would not pay me , And obviously it would not have a value in the future
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 04:15:00 AM

You're right, there are a lot of greedy people here. and probably because they do not have a deep analysis, so they just want to "just go" to get a free token just by doing the easy thing
That is worst thing to still follow the project when everybody tell that it is already scam. That hunter do not updating the project just continuing what his doing and wait for the good reward. Even in the real state, there are people who scam other people for easy money. People are getting greed though they know that they are being used. Scam project, even how long you are loyal and believe on it to pay, at the end it worth nothing.

Invest-or

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 12:20:28 PM

I don´t and the mere idea is quite stupid, since the bounty hunters are getting paid in tokes, so if the project is a scam then the token is worth nothing and they get nothing.
rufusBTC

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 12:25:49 PM

Yes that can be because too many people dont know everydetails about these bounties or icos. They are only joining with hopes. Lıke in real world. Everypeople cannot learn everydetails about everything so they are joining these scam bounties. We need to inform these guys about that. That should be our mission. We need to protect our crypto friends

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: