Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:48:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monthly income and Bank account statement for a KYC  (Read 564 times)
Kulafu (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:04:03 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2018, 02:09:23 PM by Kulafu

Just recently I saw an ICO that asking a monthly income and bank account statement for a KYC. It's said on their KYC form that it is important for them to know the financial capacity of their token holders or buyers.
What can you say about this requirements?
Somebody here did it before?

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Magister Magus

Activity: 328
Merit: 39

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:25:10 AM

I hope you are kidding, this seems to me completely crazy, more over that it seems to me a malicious way to know your financial power just to understand how much they can steal from you!
Can you publish the site of this ICO, just to check?

▂▂▃▅▇ EVO - THE WORLD OF SELF-DEVELOPMENT ▇▅▃▂▂
MEDIUM    ●  LINKEDIN  ●TELEGRAM ◄  Blockchain platform for assessing and developing human skills  ▶ TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK  ●
WHITEPAPER
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:44:26 AM

Just recently I saw an ICO that asking a monthly income and bank account statement for a KYC. It's said on their KYC form that it is important for them to know the financial capacity of their token holders or buyers.

Can you pm me the info.  Would also like to know more.

BR
Doug

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:56:47 AM

I think it is basically clueless for an ICO to request such personal documents
I’m investing in your ICO with my etherum/ BTC so it has nothing to do

I have to verify such claims too
Can you please post the link ??
Captain_Planet

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:00:09 AM

Never apply those kiddish airdrops or ICOs where they ask for your personal confidential details.
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 11:14:29 AM

Which ICO is this? Does not seem serious. No KYC requires you to tell them your income. Thats crossing a big line in regards to privacy.
Profuter

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:15:58 AM

Something new) I think it's definitely scammers. It impudence request such data, do not send anything to them.
Powerpuff

Activity: 839
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:36:50 AM

Can you post the name here? Because it wouldn't be right to say anthing without knowing details.
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:42:25 AM

Haven't seen any ICO do this before. That's just a bit too much information to reveal. The basic KYC alone is hard to digest, considering part of the reason why people use cryptocurrencies is because of its anonymity.
Moeda

Activity: 1524
Merit: 270

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:56:28 AM

I do not agree with the KYC system applied to a bounty, because the KYC system is requesting personal data. While the cryptocurrency system is anonymous based. So obviously the opposite between the KYC system with Cryptocurrency system.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:02:21 PM

So ignore those projects looking to know the KYC for investing the ICO projects. If everyone started ignore them none of the company will then ask to launch the ICO. For their earning purpose only they are creating the altcoin in the market with the best project idea if they have.
I believe the projects looking for KYC details from the Illuminaties side people and grabbing the real name of the investors on bitcoin and alts. Please all be anonymous in the market. Don't rip off your face.
rost1989

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

Decentralize $15-Trillion Global Trade Industry

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:06:11 PM

Please add more details. I know that some separate KYC services require such information. For example, if you make KYC through Bitcoinsuisse they will ask to put your salary income in several gradations (ranges), but they do not ask exact financial numbers of your salary. They do it AML check. But if its unknown service that asks your monthly income - it's quite strange. So be carefull.

jereh988

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:08:37 PM

until now I still do not understand what is meant by the kyc, is there anyone can explain it to me.?
Dutchyyy
Legendary

Activity: 1197
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:10:52 PM

I hope you are kidding, this seems to me completely crazy, more over that it seems to me a malicious way to know your financial power just to understand how much they can steal from you!

Almost every second ICO now is requiring KYC and Income source to buy tokens. Usually for amounts over 5-10-15K.

If you are OK sharing your information with random team, using a unknown third party provider for KYC verification, go.
I'm not. I'm avoiding all KYC ICO's as they are corrupting the idea of crypto-currencies.

until now I still do not understand what is meant by the kyc, is there anyone can explain it to me.?

Google is your friend... What is KYC?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_your_customer
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:14:50 PM

Yes i see some icos are looking for the potential investors just like those are having monthly income more than $10000. Kodak one is the ico that also applied KYC which asked monthly income as a requirement.
But can you tell me about what ico that applies that requirements?

I will never do that because there is a lot of other ico that doesn't require the participants to write their monthly income to participate in the ico. KYC is going crazy right now.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:23:14 PM
Merited by yecats (1)

KYC or Know You Client is used to, you guessed it, know or identify the identity of your client. That is why requirements are mostly.

• Passport
  • Voter's ID
  • Driving License

And I think it must not be to know your financial status. But maybe for large private investors or proposed directors, then that can't be KYC.
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:30:12 PM

Which ICO is this? Does not seem serious. No KYC requires you to tell them your income. Thats crossing a big line in regards to privacy.
That requirement has disturbed someone's privacy, as far as I know there are no projects that require such a requirement. I agree with you, that it has violated the privacy limit and I will not trust such a project.

If the op understands with kyc, then in kyc there is no requirement that requires us to provide financial status.
I'm afraid there will be other strange requests that they want.
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 12:50:58 PM

I feel this is a joke but if this is true, the time to result to coin ming should please come back, people need to go back to crypto mine instead of these influx of useless ICOs asking for more than they required, I have said I won't be investing in any projects asking for more than it is neccessary, because most of these project are abusing our privacy

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Kulafu (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:17:55 PM

It's okay to publish it here? I might violate something.

Kulafu (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:29:37 PM

Can you pm me the info.  Would also like to know more.

BR
Doug
[/quote]

PM sent

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: