Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:22:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monthly income and Bank account statement for a KYC  (Read 571 times)
cryptotitan

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:43:34 PM

Might be a potential scam,no ICOs would require you to send your IDs if they arent residing in the U.S, Banking statement is a personal and critical information that you shouldnt be sharing to others,because it might be the cause of more problems in the future,informations are being sold in the deepweb so you need to protect yourself from these frauds.

mangkanor

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:50:56 PM

It can be used to fraudulent acitivities so you shouldnt be sending critical and personal informations because if they want to ask billing statements they should ask water or electric bills instead,bank accounts informations shouldnt be put to risk just to join these ICO projects because you can still get those coins when it got listed in exchanges.

yslyv

Activity: 1008
Merit: 533

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:54:13 PM

bullshit. regular kyc verification may ask your id and residency documents. but your income is not a matter at all. maybe they need some statistics about their investors that is why they wanted this info but it is ridiculous to add such a thing to kyc verification step...

turn the page
cryptodrei

Activity: 207

The future is your Genome

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:58:58 PM

Do not send personal informations to these people,their identities are uknown and you arent that is why you are the only one who would lose,fraudulent activities are everywhere scammer are all over the market so you need to learn and know what are the consequences if you send your banking statements with these people,you have been warned.

vrabac68

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:12:18 PM

Financial institutions from all over the world are facing increasingly strict regulations regarding the verification and authentication of their customers’ identity.
So its normal to ask for these documents to be sure there is no money launderings
This is future so we must accept it
ac2eugenio

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:30:00 PM

Sounds like a big scam,stay away because no ICO should require your banking statements especially those ICOs that arent residing to the U.S premises,do not let anyone to get a chance to steal your informations because frauds are all over the internet,scammers will always find their way to steal everything they can with the people.
cryptoatomic

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:34:10 PM

This is insane,do not let anyone to get your personal informations you can give your water and electric bill but do not give your banking statement because it might be used to frauds especially when these people know your ID and your bankign statements.I wont be too sure about these projects because it is suspicious to ask that critical informations.
cryptodevs

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:37:52 PM

Only noobs will send their passports and banking statements because these people can use it for frauds,they can easily pretend to be you and ask for loans and cash transfer thru banks,idiot people they shouldnt be doing things that too obvious ,scammer are everywhere that is why we need to protect ourselves with these people,stay safe.
cryptopusa

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:53:33 PM

That is surely a scam,100% scam im sure because no ICO should ask those imporant and critical bank statements,if they have gotten your IDs plus your banking statement they can pretend to be you,so they can cashout your fiat money thru banks,transfering all of your money without you knowing it,stay away from these ICOs because you can still buy these coins when they have got listed into exchanges.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
habaratbu

Activity: 174

Private Banking & Trading Platform: Wealth Managem

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:56:01 PM

That is surely a scam,100% scam im sure because no ICO should ask those imporant and critical bank statements,if they have gotten your IDs plus your banking statement they can pretend to be you,so they can cashout your fiat money thru banks,transfering all of your money without you knowing it,stay away from these ICOs because you can still buy these coins when they have got listed into exchanges.
I agreed it could be use to fraudulent activities,stealing people's identity to get their banking assets compromised,worst people than bitconnect founders,we should always think tha posibilities of being scammed,do not rush things ask the community if the project is legit do not let anyone get your identity as well as your private keys,stay vigillant and alert because most of the people here will try to steal your assets.

btcrut2017

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:06:14 AM

Just recently I saw an ICO that asking a monthly income and bank account statement for a KYC. It's said on their KYC form that it is important for them to know the financial capacity of their token holders or buyers.
What can you say about this requirements?
Somebody here did it before?

Asking for that documents is not good for me because it is so personal but the good thing is that they asked it before you invest in their ICO. You have the option not to participate if you don't want to comply the KYC.
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 09:42:52 AM

Stop sending private information and your documents photo to unknown people in the web) if this ICO is very great you can take part in different ICO pools or buy token later on exchange.

Daria_daria1992

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:12:51 AM

This requirement crosses all boundaries.  And most likely this is fraud.  In addition to passport data, propiska, they want to know how much money you have.  It makes me think bad thoughts.  I would not participate in such an ICO exactly, and I do not advise you.

[/center]
LordTricky

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:16:17 AM

Just recently I saw an ICO that asking a monthly income and bank account statement for a KYC. It's said on their KYC form that it is important for them to know the financial capacity of their token holders or buyers.

Avoid them like the plague, KYC = know your CUSTOMER... you are not buying anything, but if you hand over your ID expect the tax man to come sniffing around Wink
kwakufavour

Activity: 167
Merit: 2

Contact me if you need a Telegram Moderator

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 10:28:05 AM

I don't think such an ICO is good. They could be gathering bank statements for something bad.
It's just know Your Customer, not his finances.
People are even doing email marketing by gathering emails from fake airdrops filled on Google Forms.
It's good you avoid it.

▬▬▬▬▬ ◯●●   REPME.io   ●●◯ ▬▬▬▬▬
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOV
Please check the Whitepaper for more complete info
bitcoinzen

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:34:07 AM

this is ridiculous to expose bank account statement to unruling predetermined icos without knowing their intention of collecting KYC i total disagree ico with KYC as mandatory crypto space runs on anonymity nt on identity-based transactions
realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:10:09 AM

Asking for statement of account from bounty hunters or investor should be optional. Most campaign are asking for KYC because it is needed in their country.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:30:42 AM

Will,i thinks there something fishy this kind of ICO that you joined,because mostly a KYC is appealing only your personal information by giving your support paper like passport,license,or identification card,but this asking your monthly income,or your bank account statement,is not a proper and regular requirments of KYC,so just try to avoid this kind of investment and find another one,maybe this is a scam project and try to get your personal asset.

Yooshijin

Activity: 138

Powering Real Economy in the gaming world

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 11:55:04 AM

I do not think that proof of your monthly income should be submitted in order for you to participate in their ICO. You do not owe them for anything so they shouldn't care about your financial status as long as you can provide the minimum investment.

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
WhitepaperPowering real economy in the gaming worldOnepager
Telegram ENG / IND GroupChannel ⟩──● MediumTwitterYouTube
Tsar Bomba

Activity: 211

BountyHunter|AirdropHunter|Pretty Girl Hunter

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:14:24 PM

For me it defeats one of the true purposes of cryptocurrency which is giving freedom to all the unbanked people. Many people who engage in crypto/ICO/Bounty campaigns are either unbanked or broke. So how can an unbanked person provide bank account statement? But i also understand that they need this because of governments regulations and stand when it comes to ICOs and cryptocurrencies. Still as i've said it defeats the purpose of decentralization, freedom for unbanked people, and undermining governments and centralized system of conventional banking.

Please help me rank up by donating me some MERIT Cry

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DAOX: Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs / Bounty & Airdrop / ANN THREAD / TELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: