Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:43:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or Blockchain?  (Read 350 times)
CottonGuy (OP)

Activity: 185
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 10:25:52 AM

Is it really the cryptocurrency Bitcoin that Satoshi Nakamoto focuses his attention with while creating this invention? or the blockchain? Is bitcoin just a front up to showcase the blockchain technology?

I think blockchain is the real deal in here not the cryptocurrency bitcoin.
Please share me your thoughts regarding this matter.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maichimoto

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:28:53 AM

Is it really the cryptocurrency Bitcoin that Satoshi Nakamoto focuses his attention with while creating this invention? or the blockchain? Is bitcoin just a front up to showcase the blockchain technology?

definitely blockchain for me. It's much bigger than bitcoin only, as the use is so widespread already and growing every day as more companies keep testing and implementing the tech
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:53:17 AM

Well we can surely agree that Blockchain is one great technology that Satoshi had ever created and now it is being use as a locator for cars as a tracker and I think it can be used in all sort of things that don't need a Cryptocurrency anymore, But we can not separate bitcoin from the Blockchain technology and I think Blockchain has started with bitcoin so if we gaqin knowledge towards blockchain we can surely gain knowledge with bitcoin too, you can not separate bitcoin that is currently running with blockchain and I think that satoshi had done this as one both Bitcoin and Blockchain.
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:57:37 AM

Blockchain definitively. Bitcoin is just a coin, Ethereum is just a token (at least I consider them so)....
A blockchain is a form of a distributed ledger then can be used in numerous ways - for issuing and distributing coins/ token, for making smart contracts etc.
I sincerely do believe that the inventor of Blockchain, and that is Satoshi, whoever she/he is, or they are, should receive a Nobel prize.

ManaMan

Merit: 38

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:00:09 AM

Bitcoin is just one of possible applications for blockchain. Blockchain is simply type of how data is organized or a ledger that can be decentralized and distributed and thus keep every part of data safe and secure and making it hard fro anybody to change it. We can see there are some projects such as ethereum, neo and others which are trying to put wider use case for blcockhain tech. Another thing is that some businesses are looking into implementing blockchains between their partners etc.
cold cool

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:15:46 AM

BTC is, indeed, satoshi technology product, but now there is only one application block chain technology feeling create token, no any other value, if this has been, I don't think BTC will be more and more valuable.

hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3633

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 11:19:09 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2019, 09:07:32 PM by hugeblack

blockchain is a continuously growing list of records, called blocks, which are linked and secured using cryptography.[1]
Bitcoin is blockchain protocol "The network is peer-to-peer and transactions take place between users directly, without an intermediary". [2]

to Simplifying things, let’s call "blockchain" [Internet] and "Bitcoin" [Google].
Google "Bitcoin" needs the Internet "blockchain" to perform tasks but the best thing about internet "blockchain"  is Google "Bitcoin".

Sources:
#1 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockchain
#2 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:23:41 AM

First there was Blockchain. Bitcoin was the first application of Blockchain. We all know Bitcoin was developed as a cryptocurrency for p2p transactions, so third parties are avoided. These transactions are stored on an open p2p network ledger with blockchain as the maintaining technology.

antipoff

Activity: 318
Merit: 10

EHFIRST

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:30:04 AM

what happened first -  bitcoin or blockchain? I think bitcoin. and so there is no blockchain without bitcoin. bitcoin is the father of all alts.

E-HEALTH FIRST
▬▬ ● ● Bitcointalk ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ WEBSITE ▰▰
Jhun030383

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:32:08 AM

Given a  chance ofcourse I would still buy bitcoins to the best I can. I still believe that investing with bitcoins can still give me various opportunities to experience financial freedom as long as I can work on with bitcoins wisely and carefully. So, yes I am considering buying bitcoins for future purposes.
Quartx

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 11:33:46 AM

One can argue that Satoshi focussed on one or the other, however, if you think about it, the two are pretty much synonymous. The first successful blockchain was bitcoin, bitcoin was the first successful crypto using a blockchain

Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:37:22 AM

The blockchain definitely. Bitcoin is just the product and definitely he is sure that it will become the focus someday in the future. The technology behind it is the primary focus and until today, the usage of the blockchain technology is still on its early years.
zais

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:59:30 AM

When Bitcoin broke into public consciousness in 2013, it couldn’t have been sexier: a digital currency being used to buy everything from drugs to cupcakes. Then the excitement shifted to an aspect of Bitcoin that is a bit less sexy: public online ledgers. Blockchain — the technology used for verifying and recording transactions that’s at the heart of Bitcoin — is seen as having the potential to reshape the global financial system and possibly other industries
kabelpeggek

Activity: 173
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:26:00 PM

Decentralized blockchain allows each server to connect and share the same role. by establishing a kind of peer to peer network this allows easier tracking of data and what if one of the servers gets interrupted can be backed up by another server and the server in question can be temporarily removed from the blockchain network, and bitcoin is just a tool
deevan

Merit: 7

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:32:52 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2018, 03:28:14 PM by deevan

of course, it's blockchain, earlier and today the data is stored on paper or on computer servers which can be tampered by anyone without letting know someone. The data stored on blockchain cannot be altered no one can go back and change it because data is divided into blocks each containing a hash which are linked through a chain. I personally think that Satoshi invents Bitcoin just to showcase the use of blockchain. Because when you invent something there must be a use of it, so he invents Bitcoin as a peer to peer payment system which can be done without any 3rd party (banks), and all Bitcoin transaction stored on Blockchain as open source. You can just say the Bitcoin is the first application of Bitcoin.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:40:38 PM

Without Bitcoin you can't imagine block chain earlier two or three years, It's totally undeniable that people have become familiar with block chain through Bitcoin. So Bitcoin still playing the vital role for promoting block chain around the world. that's why I agree with you on this point that Bitcoin always playing in the front side for the block chain.
Obviously, Block chain is the biggest platform where Bitcoin is an important part. but the matter is, Bitcoin itself a brand regarding this platform.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:42:58 PM

I think that will be Bitcoin. Once upon a time, there is a lot of digital currency online but none of them is secured enough to stop the double spending. Then Satoshi came, made a digital currency that can't be double spent using a peer to peer network which is bitcoin. The other explanation, you can read here.

http://p2pfoundation.ning.com/forum/topics/bitcoin-open-source

and here

http://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

The blockchain definitely. Bitcoin is just the product and definitely he is sure that it will become the focus someday in the future. The technology behind it is the primary focus and until today, the usage of the blockchain technology is still on its early years.

I don't think that it is Blockchain since he only found this technology a solution for the double spending. And if you will be reading the document by Satoshi Nakamoto, it clear states "BITCOIN : A PEER-TO-PEER ELECTRONIC CASH" not "BLOCKHAIN : A NEW TECHNOLOGY FOR DIGITAL CURRENCIES".

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:55:08 PM

Blockchain first product is Bitcoin and we need to honor that. Decentralization we have with Bitcoin
is something that this world needs, cause central systems are too much corrupted.
   Bitcoin is great, but I like all Blockchain products! There are so many of them, and for everything.
Smart contracts or applications you choose it Blockchain support`s it.

of course, it's blockchain, earlier and today the data is stored on paper or on computer servers which can be tampered by anyone without knowing someone. The data stored on blockchain cannot be altered no one can go back and change it because data is divided into blocks each containing a hash which are linked through a chain. I personally think that Satoshi invents Bitcoin just to showcase the use of blockchain. Because when you invent something there must be a use of it, so he invents Bitcoin as a peer to peer payment system which can be done without any 3rd party (banks), and all Bitcoin transaction stored on Blockchain as open source. You can just say the Bitcoin is the first application of Bitcoin.

Thai main advantages of Blockchain is that what you said Deevan! Data stored on Blockchain
can not be altered and it is transparent. We will be able to control government wallets, and we
can check where they spent tax money. I think world can be a better place if we use Blockchain
technology everywhere.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
so_stupid

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:04:26 PM

As one speaker said: if bitcoin and crypto currencies die, the blockage will continue to live, because it is an excellent technology that can be applied in many spheres

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
stefanionut99

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:11:20 PM

I think Blockchain is better than Bitcoin because it's a whole system that can be applied in many things, even banks or schools. But Bitcoin was just a currency and it could be disappear if there is another better currency.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: