Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:46:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stormtroopers....  (Read 1090 times)
Anonymous

January 31, 2011, 02:04:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rBLpT1drkM

If you encounter a psycho cop grab your phone camera and stream it live to the internet. Sometimes it wards off the men with guns if you do so. Like garlic against blood sucking vampires ? Come to think of it they both suck the life out of you...

Im just lucky it worked this time.  Angry
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

View Profile
January 31, 2011, 02:11:18 PM

He feels like he's protecting society and having a hard day. Then he gets annoyed since you don't want to co-operate.

Still, he has no right to bully you into his will.

Is there a place where I can see what are the legal boundaries in the UK? Can a policeman detain me and make me miss my flight if I refuse to give my details at the airport? I don't like these growing restrictions.
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2011, 02:13:12 PM

What did he ask you?

Anonymous

January 31, 2011, 02:28:17 PM

What did he ask you?

He didnt ask - he yelled.

The best advice when dealing with the police is to refuse to engage with them at all. Never open your door to the police. Never say more than you absolutely have to. try not to wind your window down when they approach your car. It is their job to lie and get you to incriminate yourself.

The attitude of this cop is no different than all of the cops in my town. They are not used to people filming or ignoring them. This video is one small example of the harrassment  I've been going through in the past 6 months.

Anonymous

January 31, 2011, 02:32:52 PM

He feels like he's protecting society and having a hard day. Then he gets annoyed since you don't want to co-operate.

Still, he has no right to bully you into his will.

Is there a place where I can see what are the legal boundaries in the UK? Can a policeman detain me and make me miss my flight if I refuse to give my details at the airport? I don't like these growing restrictions.

The law is whatever the men with guns say it is whether there is a victim or not. Cops are people with anger management issues.  Smiley

ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 31, 2011, 03:01:55 PM

For sure the police can cause you to miss your flight. The media often report cases where people missed flights due to questioning by the police.

I don't know the full details of the situation in the UK, but it's roughly like this: The police can stop you at any time if they "reasonably suspect" that you are carrying a weapon, or are in possession of a controlled substance. If they want to stop you without "reasonable suspicion", they can do so under the Terrorism Act.

According to the following link, between 2000 and 2008 the UK police stopped and searched 108,714 people under the Terrorism Act. Of those, the number who were subsequently convicted of a terrorism offence was ... zero.

"Student Human Rights Network - Stop and search under the Terrorism Act 2000
http://www.justice.org.uk/jshrn/newyear2010.htm#briefingsstop
Anonymous

January 31, 2011, 03:09:33 PM

For sure the police can cause you to miss your flight. The media often report cases where people missed flights due to questioning by the police.

I don't know the full details of the situation in the UK, but it's roughly like this: The police can stop you at any time if they "reasonably suspect" that you are carrying a weapon, or are in possession of a controlled substance. If they want to stop you without "reasonable suspicion", they can do so under the Terrorism Act.

According to the following link, between 2000 and 2008 the UK police stopped and searched 108,714 people under the Terrorism Act. Of those, the number who were subsequently convicted of a terrorism offence was ... zero.

"Student Human Rights Network - Stop and search under the Terrorism Act 2000
http://www.justice.org.uk/jshrn/newyear2010.htm#briefingsstop

Its getting bad . Im surprised the English put up with it.

We have a thing here where the police can grab you off the street and put you in front of a secret commission and you're not allowed to say anything about it to anyone under pain of 2 years jail for contempt of court. Most likely that's why its not widely known what happens at those commissions. Its how they destroyed the workers unions in the nineties. Our liberties are slipping away every day. The local police just got tasers which really make me feel great.  Sad

genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

View Profile
January 31, 2011, 03:39:41 PM

Yeah I've been stopped 3 times at the airport in the UK by police. They questioned me on every bit of my life each time going back 5 years. All the details and everything with them making notes to file under my name. Not a good thing imo.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: