Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:48:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: transferring bitcoin to paypal  (Read 214 times)
Stingray1970 (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:52:49 PM

What is the best, most secure and hard to trace way to transfer bitcoin to USD/EUR on a paypal account ?
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:07:19 PM

You can't do it without being traced.  The exchange where you convert BTC to USD will have KYC requirements so you'll have to send them ID.  Same goes for Paypal.  You convert to USD on say Coinbase and send it to Paypal and the Paypal transaction will show where it came from.  You can't avoid leaving a trail through normal means of conversion.

You can convert small amounts in face-to-face transactions but that has its own problems like getting ripped off.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:12:00 PM

What is the best, most secure and hard to trace way to transfer bitcoin to USD/EUR on a paypal account ?
The best and secured way to transfer your bitcoins into hardcash then local transaction is the only way.If you are doing this by any other way like banking or paypal your transaction will be recorded so it is possible to trace.
So contact a local bitcoin trader you can find them at localbitcoin site and contact them personally if you want to transfer your bitcoin for money.
saikocrypto

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:21:14 PM

You can do it without being traced if you sell your bitcoin locally to someone that uses paypal
and sends you the money in your paypal account (i think they removed fees between members)
But Paypals tends to be obsolete nowadays. Thats about it

Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:27:01 PM

There are a lot of ways you can exchange bitcoin to paypal balance, the first and most secure way is to use and exchange site like poloniex, where you can trnasfer funds from bitcoin to paypal  and vis versa, another way would be to find somone who is willing to buy bitcoin in exchange for paypal balance, and you can find many offers on peer to peer exchange sites like localbitcoin, and in my opinion it would be the most intracebale one.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:18:46 PM

Once Paypal is part of the transaction, you can forget about not being traced.

But if you want to avoid exchanges, I recommend you to use a 'currency exchange' service. There's one here in the forum, you can sell BTC for paypal, but you have to find someone trusted.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
Kanvashardas

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:25:15 PM

Local dealers are the solution. I heard that they can process millions if you need to.
But yes security is a big issue. You need to be careful with that.
jeysonserafini1

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:45:31 PM

The best way you can do it is in here , this forum, find the one that need Bitcoin and ready to transfer Paypal for it.
stevegee58
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:46:56 PM

OP was specific about Paypal but if he's willing to bend a little, there are good options by using Bisq (formerly known as Bit Square).  Bisq is a decentralized exchange so there's no KYC, etc.  You'll still need to get your USD or EUR into the banking system somehow but there's no way around that even with Bisq.

Stingray1970 (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:56:51 PM

Reason I said paypal is because you can pay for purchases like that.

I want to avoid bankaccount transfers as our government want 33% of the profit we make...
stevegee58
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:08:11 PM

I want to avoid bankaccount transfers as our government want 33% of the profit we make...

Usually it's the exchange (e.g. Coinbase) that reports to the tax authority.  In the US the IRS is only interested in Coinbase customers with >$20,000 in profits.  Paypal also doesn't report anything to the IRS that's <$20,000 in one year.

You didn't say how much money you're looking to convert.

HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:08:52 PM

Maybe for you will be useful services localbitoins.net . There many people who want to sell their paypal money for bitcoin.
Stingray1970 (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:09:39 PM

Usually it's the exchange (e.g. Coinbase) that reports to the tax authority.  In the US the IRS is only interested in Coinbase customers with >$20,000 in profits.  Paypal also doesn't report anything to the IRS that's <$20,000 in one year.

You didn't say how much money you're looking to convert.

Below 20k USD.
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:12:49 PM

I have done identical exchanges in the past using Localbitcoins. It doesn't necessary leak your information to third parties, assuming that the person you do business with doesn't include a note saying "Bitcoin exchange". Always make sure to do some background check, before dealing with a person on LocalBitcoins, for example check some reviews about the dealer and google his username. Also read the instructions of the system, because newbies are an easy target for scams.  
stevegee58
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:16:46 PM

Below 20k USD.
Then you're probably good as far as tax is concerned.  As long as your deposits to Paypal are <$20K for the year.

Paypal IRS reporting:
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/How-does-PayPal-report-my-sales-to-the-IRS-Will-I-receive-a-1099-tax-statement-FAQ729

Coinbase reporting:
https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/2924446-irs-notification

Stingray1970 (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:20:30 PM

What about the debit cards ?
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:21:48 PM

33% is a lot. But it is your fee for voting in elections. Such laws are passed by politicians who come to power by your vote. PayPal won't help you. You have a chance to change that in the election. Vote for yourself and agitate for those who promise you to make changes to the tax legislation. Politicians like to please people. Probably, the attitude towards bitcoin will be a trend among politicians in many countries.
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:22:13 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 07:32:01 PM by MakeMoneyBtc

There is no secure and untraceable way to exchange bitcoin to cash online because every payment proccesor or bank keeps a record of all transactions and ID's from people who make them for at least 2-3 years and they have to report it to the government in case of anything happens.

The only way you can exchange your bitcoin is through a local seller who is going to give you cash but again, that person is required to ask you an ID as the law says. You could also try the atm's that exchange your bitcoin instantly into cash but I dont know exactly how they work, I think they also require some of your personal information.
stevegee58
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:23:14 PM

What about the debit cards ?
Well Paypal is a debit card.  Do you mean a debit card linked to your checking account or an anonymous debit card?

xanaxxx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:23:52 PM

it's never hard to trace. paypal is always easily traceable, that's why it can't compete with bitcoin. you have easy to use ways of transferring btc to eur/usd though, try changenlly for instance
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: