Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:04:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this common?  (Read 128 times)
thinklab71 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:26:01 PM

Have you seen an ICO change their token or hard cap to higher before their have their ICO?

Is that a bad thing or is it ok if done well before they take 1.00
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:39:47 PM

Have you seen an ICO change their token or hard cap to higher before their have their ICO?

What do you mean by changed token?

And as far as my experienced is the point, I haven't seen an ICO changed their hardcap before the ICO (including pre-sale) but since it was before then I think it's not that matters. What I experienced is extending their ICO period just to reached their hardcap.
mariayaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:43:30 PM

I didnt get you but i saw a ICO where they changed hard cap and it reduced the prices on the token and many investors sold out once it was live on exchange

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)
HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:49:15 PM

I didnt get you but i saw a ICO where they changed hard cap and it reduced the prices on the token and many investors sold out once it was live on exchange
Can you explain where did you see it? Show example for sure.
Entei

Activity: 543
Merit: 281

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:49:25 PM

We can conclude that common is not,However change the design, some details is normal, the unusual is to change the project structure, where we talk about X and now is Y, in general,  the order of factors can not change the results, when this happens normally is bad, because the team does not seek a public opinion. This is my point of view.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:59:26 PM

Till now I have not seen any ICO changing their hard cap before sale however, However changing the platform is normal thing, i have seen many ICOs who have changed their tokens before public sale(e.g to change from ETC to ETH).
I don't whether it is good or bad until i go through the details of the project, share the name and website of that ICO so we can analyse it.
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:06:54 PM

Yes it is not unheard of. ICOs changing the hard cap limit or token. If they find an issue with the existing tokens then they might issue a new one with new tokens. Also it is common for coins to change the total supply, emission logic etc as project becomes more mature (or community pressure).
thinklab71 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 183

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:09:14 PM

Yes it is not unheard of. ICOs changing the hard cap limit or token. If they find an issue with the existing tokens then they might issue a new one with new tokens. Also it is common for coins to change the total supply, emission logic etc as project becomes more mature (or community pressure).

Thank you
mariangpalad

Activity: 196

Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:29:10 PM

Yes,if there will be some issues with the tokens they might have changed it to a higher cap,some ICOs are decreasing their hardcap so that the ICO will be much easier to achieve,if the soft cap hasnt yet achieve and the ICO would be ending soon they will change it so that the cap would be reached before the ICO ends.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: