Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:29:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop panic selling  (Read 4571 times)
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:07:54 PM

Otherwise you will just lose your Bitcoins! Silk Road is not only one anonymous marketplace, drug dealers and consumers will quickly switch to alternative platforms (Sheep Marketplace, Black Market Reloaded etc), then BTC/USD price will rebound back!
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:08:50 PM

I agree. Take advantage of this by buying now while bitcoin is cheap!
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:09:27 PM

I think US govt. wants BTC to flourish Smiley

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 06:09:51 PM

aww ya jerks - I was hoping it would halve in fiat value for the next few weeks  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry  you ruined it guys  Grin

Manna

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:09:58 PM

mtGox huge volatil, price back to 110-120 wtf....  in a few minutes  

cheap coins, lot of people say Smiley
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:13:42 PM

No do not stop panic selling! Sell sell sell!!!

We need all the potheads, who think that silkroad is something necessary for bitcoin success, to sell and go away.

Meanwhile coins continue moving from weak hands to strong hands.

Exactly! I want the druggy weakhands gone! Sorry potheads but I hate the association with bitcoin! Strong hands, time to begin scooping!
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:13:51 PM

No do not stop panic selling! Sell sell sell!!!

We need all the potheads, who think that silkroad is something necessary for bitcoin success, to sell and go away.

Meanwhile coins continue moving from weak hands to strong hands.

exactly +1

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
bomboclat77

Activity: 150

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:15:23 PM

why? The US GOVT now owns more bitcoin then most of this forum put together.

Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:16:33 PM

shame when a bunch of libertarians get together to bash on "potheads" for the sake of their money
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:18:01 PM

I very much doubt that.
NamelessOne
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:20:05 PM

shame when a bunch of libertarians get together to bash on "potheads" for the sake of their money
I'm not libertarian myself, but I'm using potheads in a generic sense for people that were supporting the Silk Road economy. I know many people that smoke pot occasionally and they are great people. But I despise the the SR/Bitcoin connection.
bitster

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:20:56 PM

We don't need anyone to 'go away' in the btc market, the rate of adoption has been pathetic and the market cap dismal.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:22:39 PM

That is probably a good thing.

more or less retired.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:25:36 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2013, 06:47:19 PM by tysat

LOL NOPE!

They seized a few million dollars worth of bitcoins, you don't think people here have more than that?

EDIT:
Changed the wording
Thursday

Activity: 150

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:34:10 PM

I'm not libertarian myself, but I'm using potheads in a generic sense for people that were supporting the Silk Road economy. I know many people that smoke pot occasionally and they are great people. But I despise the the SR/Bitcoin connection.

So stop perpetuating the SR/Bitcoin connection.  Bitcoin isn't synonymous with SR.  Yes it's played an important role in Bitcoins history, but SR was on the back-burner as of late.  Do you despise the Dollar/Drug-cartell connection do-gooder? 

1AXBRFK5a8dP7z8T3gb3hvUjm2F6KYFmgS
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:36:52 PM

They seized a few million in bitcoins, you don't think people here have more than that?
They seems have seized few million WORTH of Bitcoin (in USD value).
Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:38:44 PM

We don't need anyone to 'go away' in the btc market, the rate of adoption has been pathetic and the market cap dismal.
this, exactly. if criminals are using it, at least somebody is.
NamelessOne
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:56:52 PM

So stop perpetuating the SR/Bitcoin connection.  Bitcoin isn't synonymous with SR.  Yes it's played an important role in Bitcoins history, but SR was on the back-burner as of late.  Do you despise the Dollar/Drug-cartell connection do-gooder? 
LOL. While you are right about SR on the back-burner lately, discussing is not perpetuating. I never talk about SR, on here or in person. I'm talking about it now because it is the topic of the day and the PR connection has existed until this day. I didn't say they are one and the same, but there are uneducated people that do believe so. My words are reasonable because there are a lot of lawmakers that know little about bitcoin aside from the fear inducing hot topics like 'you can buy drugs with on secret illegal drug websites.' And that is all they know about it.

The dollar/drug-cartell connection is an old, well established issue, not a hot new technology that is supposedly untraceable (which causes lawmakers to freak out). USD is established, XBT is fresh new territory, with all kinds of people frequently discussing the legal issues. I personally believe this is a great day for bitcoin as it gives lawmakers comfort that they can police this stuff. And yes I am a do-gooder.
Xiaoma

Activity: 133

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:59:57 PM

NO NO DON'T STOP!! MORE MORE PANIC SELLING PLEASE!! Tongue
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 07:06:48 PM

I'm curious about how they seized the bitcoins. To seize bitcoins, you have to get the private keys to the addresses holding them and transfer them.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: