Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:13:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My $145 resistance / silk road tinfoil hat conspiracy theory.  (Read 1684 times)
TERA (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:20:24 PM

I always thought that this 145 resistance looked fishy. Ive never seen bit coin oppose such a large and persistent buying force and plateau for so long. There were just stacks and stacks of coins after coins after coins. The low volume also smelled fishy and seemed like a dead giveaway of massive market manipulation

We can now theorize that the 145 resistance was actually DPR's cohorts, LE insiders , and other people who were somehow in the know of the upcoming news selling their stashes. We can also theorize that the massive influx of good news lately was placed to facilitate the sale of the coins.  That's why they say "sell on news"...

Thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yogg
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 08:30:26 PM

Do you think this was an attempt to see how the BTC market will react while the US Gov shuts down, along with SR two days later ?
Would they do such tricks to see how "it reacts" ?

If some people can orchestrate such things as 911, they can plan to kill what could seemingly be the BTC backbone in my opinion.
Anyway I don't think $145 is strange. It was a good price for it at that time. Gold also stays in a tunnel for a while sometimes.
But I think US shutdown and SR seizure date are no coincidence.
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:51:06 PM

Yes, the government shutdown literally happening 24 hours before the SR shutdown seems a tad fishy, I have to admit. I don't see the significance of $145, though.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:59:30 PM

OP was bad enough... now you nut jobs are trying to tie it to the USG shutdown?  WTF?

BTW, the charges were filed on September 27th.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 09:03:06 PM

OP was bad enough... now you nut jobs are trying to tie it to the USG shutdown?  WTF?

BTW, the charges were filed on September 27th.

also don't forget the season finale to breaking bad just a few days ago.... 3 stars aligned ...
Zooey

Activity: 241

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:48:44 PM

And let's not forget the comet. There's a comet coming!  It's all beginning to fit into place...

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
10c

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:56:15 PM

seriously? Roll Eyes
bitcoin is a bilion$ market, a % of that is/was SR
and you seriously believe the USG will shut down because of that?
you seriously shouldn't have bought all that stuff on SR.... Roll Eyes

Zooey

Activity: 241

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:02:32 PM

Do you think this was an attempt to see how the BTC market will react while the US Gov shuts down, along with SR two days later ?

Aahuh, huh. Come again?

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 11:59:24 PM

Yes, the government shutdown literally happening 24 hours before the SR shutdown seems a tad fishy, I have to admit. I don't see the significance of $145, though.

I've yet to read the main thread on SR going dark, though I commented on it with a quick aside, but this is exactly what went through my mind, seeing an SR/shutdown connection. Thought I'm not one of them, whomever them may me, I listened to NPR while on the road here to Atlanta, and on the entire trip I listened to virtually nothing else but segments on the GS, one devoted to the Panda Cam going dark.

For sake of argument, if they can't keep a Panda Cam running due to lack of funding, then sure enough SR, if it's federally funded, will also go dark. And, if that's the case, and later proven, then the government-run SR was not deemed essential, read national security, thus it too had to have the plug pulled. Again, if that's the case, then they--the powers to be--didn't put enough thought in this here "black" operation, having the wrong arm overseeing it.

Which now begs the question, by chance are there any Bitcoin entities that went dark after the government shutdown? Moreover, any other renown websites (not Bitcoin related) down that we wouldn't have thunk were US government funded?

Interesting thought experiment, to say the least.
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 03, 2013, 12:11:43 AM

I've yet to read the main thread on SR going dark, though I commented on it with a quick aside, but this is exactly what went through my mind, seeing an SR/shutdown connection. Thought I'm not one of them, whomever them may me, I listened to NPR while on the road here to Atlanta, and on the entire trip I listened to virtually nothing else but segments on the GS, one devoted to the Panda Cam going dark.

For sake of argument, if they can't keep a Panda Cam running due to lack of funding, then sure enough SR, if it's federally funded, will also go dark. And, if that's the case, and later proven, then the government-run SR was not deemed essential, read national security, thus it too had to have the plug pulled. Again, if that's the case, then they--the powers to be--didn't put enough thought in this here "black" operation, having the wrong arm overseeing it.

Which now begs the question, by chance are there any Bitcoin entities that went dark after the government shutdown? Moreover, any other renown websites (not Bitcoin related) down that we wouldn't have thunk were US government funded?

Wow, I didn't think of that, that's just weird.

My thought was more along the lines of "for some reason the FBI couldn't do this while the government was running, it would violate some rule (maybe they didn't have enough evidence or whatever, which seems likely since they are quite literally basing this off of likes from what I understand), so they waited for the government to shutdown and then BAM - arrest."

maursader

Activity: 509

Disrupt the banking system!

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 01:56:02 PM

Let's not forget that SR was under investigation since July. Conspiracy theorists must love all this. Guys, bitcoin always has its natural uptrend. So far, every year, bitcoin has beaten its previous year. Example, this time last year, bitcoin was about what, $11? $12?

Anyway, a huge reason why the BTC prices remained is because the chinese markets have built a bitcoin economy that did not rely on silk road. See, in china, having some weed in most cases is an automatic death penalty. So when they saw the prices drop drastically, it's no wonder they took advantage of the BTC prices in north america.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:03:07 PM

What if Nazis were involved? Or a secret society of cowboys!!! Yes, that would be a way more awesome movie.   Daydreaming is super fun. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Ivanhoe

Activity: 841
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 03:22:07 PM

I'm not really into conspiracies and stuff, but this doesn't sound to weird to me though.
quesera

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 03:48:20 PM

The way I see it, the real reason for which bitcoin didn't significantly drop is the sudden reduction in the amount of available BTC's. It was estimated before SR's fall that roughly 70% of mined bitcoins were either hoarded, deleted or lost. The amount of BitCoins made unavailable by SR's fall increased to 75% missing bitcoins.

The real story here is what will happen with those coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: