Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:53:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DPR is a hero!  (Read 6829 times)
ronimacarroni

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:52:13 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to live in a world where other people can hire hitmen to kill other people.
People who think in those terms are despicable and deserve to stay in prison where they won't pose a threat to civilized people.
There are many ways to deal and resolve conflicts that don't involve violence.
sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:52:14 PM

Oh hey, look, this is the 2nd time the scumbag tried to have someone murdered.

Anyone painting him as a hero is just sick.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bal-silk-road-owner-ross-william-ulbricht-allegedly-tried-to-arrange-witness-murder-in-md-20131002,0,5476223.story

There is no evidence that any of that is true. Lots of people make idol threats. Most likely a scare tactic.
Ipsum

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:54:25 PM

No doubt then you can point us to the charities he donated his profits from the site to?

No doubt then you can point us to the charities he donated his profits from the site to?

http://www.businessinsider.com/meet-ross-ulbricht-the-brilliant-alleged-mastermind-of-silk-road-2013-10

Read it, but there's no mention of him donating his profits from Silk Road is there? Did I just miss it?
AC130AS

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:55:36 PM

It did not say that in the documentation, anything in the documents is official, this is not.
Ipsum

View Profile
October 03, 2013, 12:00:10 AM

Oh hey, look, this is the 2nd time the scumbag tried to have someone murdered.

Anyone painting him as a hero is just sick.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/blog/bal-silk-road-owner-ross-william-ulbricht-allegedly-tried-to-arrange-witness-murder-in-md-20131002,0,5476223.story

There is no evidence that any of that is true. Lots of people make idol threats. Most likely a scare tactic.

Well, sticking your head in the sand and telling yourself he's a good guy is one coping mechanism I guess.

A scare tactic for what aimed at whom though? It's not like the feds need attempted murder to put him away for a very long time. His drug charges are very serious and will land him in jail for a long time if proven, which seems awfully likely. Beyond that, either he wired $80k to the undercover agent's account or he didn't. It's very easy to prove if he did, and it's hard to see why the feds would lie about something so easily proven or disproven. Wiring $80 grand to have someone killed is not an idle threat. It is an attempt to have someone murdered.

Ipsum

View Profile
October 03, 2013, 12:07:00 AM

And he was the CEO of Good Wagon Books, a non-profit that picks up used books and other junk from your house and donates it to prison libraries and such.

And? Bernie Madoff was a major philanthropist who stole money from thousands of people. Someone's good works in one part of life do not, in any way, excuse trying to murder people.

sublime5447 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 03, 2013, 12:17:38 AM

And he was the CEO of Good Wagon Books, a non-profit that picks up used books and other junk from your house and donates it to prison libraries and such.

And? Bernie Madoff was a major philanthropist who stole money from thousands of people. Someone's good works in one part of life do not, in any way, excuse trying to murder people.

You are the idiot with their head in the sand.

A couple of lines that are a complete contradiction with everything he has stood for and you are ready to right him off as a murder.

You are the one who asked for his charitable works

Go fuck yourself statist.   
Realpra

Activity: 815

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:01:34 AM

Nice resource for people to ignore, same as that damn Zimmerman thread.

How is assassination okay? ... and how did Silk Road survive more than 10 seconds if any seller could report thousands of users?

I'm fine with drugs as long as people take them far away from me, but nothing about DPR is heroic or about freedom.
If the anarchist wet dream and non-aggression principle includes "law by assassination" then count me out.

Anyway hopefully an even more anonymous Silk Road will pop up with more anonymization between users and sellers.

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 05:11:17 AM

I find it really hard to believe that he'd communicate without using PGP.

The hit-cases are made up in my opinion

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:11:51 AM

DPR is a champion for freedom !!!

To those of you turning your back on him, you are no friend of liberty and no friend of mine.

Sounds like we won't be friends after all.

I guess Uncle Sam is bringing a little 'violence' down on DPR's ass, eh?  I suppose that in some twisted world having someone tortured before they are killed(*) is not the 'violence' that Libertarians are so hung up on, but I cannot seem to get my head around that one.  Maybe if I were more versed in Austrian School it would all fall into place.

(*) if there is any truth to the government's story, and unfortunately I question just about everything they put out for media consumption these days.

Anyway, goodbye and good riddance to Silk Road.  Sounds like it was in essence a honey-pot for quite some time as I always suspected even if DPR was to ignorant to know it.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:33:18 AM

You are the idiot with their head in the sand.

A couple of lines that are a complete contradiction with everything he has stood for and you are ready to right him off as a murder.

You are the one who asked for his charitable works

Go fuck yourself statist.    
Wow, you are insane! You go as far as glorifying criminals for political or ideological reasons!

Not even mentioning the way that Silkroad was dragging down the Bitcoin scene.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
AC130AS

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:39:45 AM

SR was a good site, just a guy gone mad with bitcoins.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:42:36 AM

SR was a good site, just a guy gone mad with bitcoins.

If he kept a lot of profit from commision, he may have half a million bitcoin stashed away somewhere.

If he goes to jail, he might become the richest person on Earth whilst incarcerated.

Incredible.
AC130AS

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:44:18 AM

Donald Trump in prison for life, but I know he will get bail and will get out soon. Lets hope he fllows this rule in prison

DONT DROP THE SOAP
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 07:02:17 AM

Donald Trump in prison for life, but I know he will get bail and will get out soon. Lets hope he fllows this rule in prison

DONT DROP THE SOAP

Actually bail was already denied.

As was not dropping the soap.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:15:00 AM

Can anyone provide me with proof of a murder, not allegations?  I was under the impression people were treated as innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Your impression is correct. It is alleged that he was a drug dealer and ordered torture and execution for people that threatened his income. You're right. It is still only alleged that he is a horrible person.

That said, I'm not calling an alleged drug dealer and wannabe murderer a hero. If he's guilty of the crimes, he is a terrible person. The FBI seems to believe they have enough evidence, so, innocent till proven guilty, but I have a hunch he's probably a bad guy.

more or less retired.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:27:47 AM

Hero's hire people to kill people?

The guy was threatening to release the info for 8000 people. Those people would have had their lives ruined by LE. If I was at risk of 10+ years in jail for a victimless crime because of the deliberate actions of an asshole motivated by money, then I would not mind someone assassinating that person.

But it's not so morally easy since the guy had kids, and drug debts. But he was blackmailing with the threat of many people's lives at stake.

Whoa, genjix you just lost me right there. Feel how you want about drugs, but they are illegal in the US. Everyone doing business on the SR knew they were breaking the law, point blank. They knew their "lives could be ruined" for their criminal activity if caught, but decided instead to trust a person they never met and had no idea who they were with their fate. That's a) pretty fucking stupid and b) doesn't give you the right TO KILL PEOPLE just to protect your CRIMINAL ACTIVITY.

You've had some pretty good opinions here on the forum and bright ideas, but if you think there is some sort of 'honor among thieves' and that murder is perfectly acceptable if it blows the cover on your criminal activity, then you are as much of a thug as DPR is alleged to be. DPR wasn't trying to execute the guy for the sake of the 'lives of his fellow criminal conspirators', he was doing it for money. MORE MONEY.

In light of your support of killing people to protect illegally earned money and the criminal activity of others, it certainly changes my mind regarding your involvement in the Bitcoinica theft.

more or less retired.
AC130AS

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:48:15 AM

I cant see him the same anymore, looks like a wolf in sheep clothing,

But I do plan on going to BMR or SMP soon, the feds are spending alot of taxpayer money to shut down these sites and the war on drugs which they are already losing and will never win.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:58:51 AM

People who own themselves should be able to decide what they put inside themselves.

True. But the problem with drugs is that it affects all the people around the user, their family and friends. It's a very selfish habit. I hate it.

AC130AS

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 11:20:28 AM

I smoke marijuana, even before I hurt my back in baseball practice, It hurt like hell, but the doctors told me I had sciatica and ruptured my disk and have a pinched nerve, you know what pain I go through? I would cry for nights, it degenerated me, and my family that were closest couldnt see me the same, I was withered by the oxycontin pills and the valim was very addicting, I think I overdosed once, I was half asleep, and thought I didnt take my medication when I really did, and sure enough I fainted infront of my sister in my house, an hit my head pretty hard.

Thing is Nebraska doesnt allow medical use for it. and im stuck being a criminal with a family that has medical issues. I had to teach my son that marijuana is medicine, hes 14 and understands, my wife doesnt look at me as a bad person, im normal, I work, I speak, Im active in therpautic sports, I have my family, they dont hate me because im using marijuana. Its pretty sick how the gov is tearing families apart. I hate lashing out at my family, but beer makes things aggressive for me, but tell me this, all I hear in the news, is this "Man killed by drunk driver" "College girls raped at frat party involving alchohol" "Man beats his wife and son while drunk", Marijuana is this "Man arrested for a bag of marijuana" "pot hose raided" "University Graduate smokes marijuana", we need to stop looking at marijuana as if its bad when its not, the feds spend money only for the cons of marijuana, not the benefits. I thank god for marijuana.

and I pray that one day, me and my family can leave this state and go to a closer state that allows it for medicinal purposes. Its not easy, but heck, who will do it, the feds dont understand the pain im in, they will take my medicine and stuff me with those poison pills again.

http://www.pottsmerc.com/general-news/20131001/use-only-as-directed-acetaminophen-poisoning-a-persistent-public-health-problem
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: