Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:52:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DPR is a hero!  (Read 6826 times)
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 11:25:56 AM

DPR actually opposed legalizing drugs, because that would mean the horrors of regulation and taxation.

Quote from: DPR
If prohibition is lifted, and the drug industry is placed under the yoke of the state, then we won in a small way, but lost in a big way. Right now, drugs are ours. They aren’t tainted by the government. We the people control their manufacture, distribution and consumption. We should be looking to expand that control, taking back our power, no giving what is ours to the very people that have been our enemies all along.

It’s easy to justify though. Think of all the horrors the war on drugs has caused that will be gone, almost instantly. That pain could stop!

In other words, fuck all those people rotting in prison.  His personal political agenda is much more important.
AC130AS

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 11:50:24 AM

Yes, Indeed, AMEN
CrazyRabbi

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 12:01:28 PM

OP what is wrong with you?

I feel bad for you...

I mean you are going to be rotting in hell for eternity and that's gonna suck...

gwedo

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 12:40:21 PM

Here's an article from The San Francisco Chronicle, the city he was arrested in, reporting a 2nd attempt where he actually gave money to an FBI undercover agent and was provided fake proof. He specified that the victim be tortured.
Yeah, real hero.
Quote from article with proof from indictment:
"The most macabre part is that Ulbricht allegedly asked for video evidence for the torture-murder or the employee"

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/Dread-Pirate-Roberts-Charged-In-2nd-Silk-Road-4867807.php
~BCX~

I can't believe. What if it is not true but fake as well.
Unfortunately everybody does many mistakes but after all DPR was a great man a libertarian and loved freedom.
Selling drugs was not the best thing but on the other hand people are begging for drugs and where is demand there is also offer.
Well in fact he was not selling drugs he only enabled truly free marketplace.
Despite we think it was not nice thing I believe very soon start new drug marketplaces which would be much worser and they could be operated by somebody much worser some narkomafia people from Mexico or South America who kill people everyday. Ulbricht might not be nice but people who will start business after him on this open market gap will be much worser and more cruel.

Hello world
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 12:41:27 PM

Not a hero....a legend
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 12:46:31 PM

Since my original reply to this was deleted by some alleged moderator, I'll post another.

Apparently, it is not permitted to disagree that a guy who contracts hits on people for cutting into his profits is the hero of the universe, even when the OP of the thread is an insult to the character of anyone who doesn't worship this guy.

I guess that's the libertarian ideal.  Freedom for all, until someone disagrees with you.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 01:19:50 PM

Hmm... until now it is quite clear that gov has indeed closed silkroad. What else are we SURE of:

-
-
-

Not much, actually.

I believe, the main questions are:

1. Is Ulbright DPR?
2. Is DPR legit?
3. Are the hitman accusations legit?

The first one seems to be true. (Let's not go into it now.)

The second one can as well be false. DPR may have worked for gov all along, or since initially going bust and after having been offered a deal. Since that, Silk Road would have been a gov operation.

The third one is of course possible, and drug lords do resort to such actions in cases described. However, there is no independent evidence. It is very sad that in almost all matters of importance, the government's side of the story is essentially a lie Sad Considering the details that are offered to us, it seems (for example) unlikely to me that there would be specific demand of torture of the victim. A more likely explanation is that accusations are false, and intended to smear the image of DPR. This is a very common tactic.

Please consider the evidence, and consider the track record of the source of the evidence  Roll Eyes

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
SolidSnke

Activity: 74

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 01:21:45 PM

A hero? I don't think so, a pioneer? more likely.

AC130AS

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 01:27:05 PM

Theorists huh
Zooey

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 01:42:55 PM

My retrospective two-cents:  cold-blooded (if murderousness proves true), irresponsible namefag who brought down the road.

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
posormo

Activity: 109

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 01:54:03 PM

DPR is a champion for freedom !!!

To those of you turning your back on him, you are no friend of liberty and no friend of mine.

Anyone who sends their ID documents or friends you on FB to do business with you is an absolute fool.

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 01:54:26 PM

the guy has balls of steel pulling this through inside the u.s.

as long they don´t come up with a corpse i think it is propaganda.
Tirapon

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 01:55:33 PM

Hmm... until now it is quite clear that gov has indeed closed silkroad. What else are we SURE of:

-
-
-

Not much, actually.

I believe, the main questions are:

1. Is Ulbright DPR?
2. Is DPR legit?
3. Are the hitman accusations legit?

The first one seems to be true. (Let's not go into it now.)

The second one can as well be false. DPR may have worked for gov all along, or since initially going bust and after having been offered a deal. Since that, Silk Road would have been a gov operation.

The third one is of course possible, and drug lords do resort to such actions in cases described. However, there is no independent evidence. It is very sad that in almost all matters of importance, the government's side of the story is essentially a lie Sad Considering the details that are offered to us, it seems (for example) unlikely to me that there would be specific demand of torture of the victim. A more likely explanation is that accusations are false, and intended to smear the image of DPR. This is a very common tactic.

Please consider the evidence, and consider the track record of the source of the evidence  Roll Eyes

For those who haven't read the details, it is alleged that DPR was being threatened by a user going by the name 'Friendlychemist', who claimed to have obtained a large number of names and addresses of SR users. Friendlychemist was asking for 500k in order not to release the details publicly, claiming he needed the money to settle his debts with a dealer. DPR told Friendlychemist he wanted to speak to his dealer, and was later contacted by another user, 'Redandwhite'. At this point, DPR asks Redandwhite to assassinate Friendlychemist, for a payment of 150k.

So just a few questions to ask here:

- Why would Redandwhite be happy to settle for 150k and having to commit murder for a debt of 500k?
- Would DPR be too stupid to realise that Friendlychemist and Redandwhite are probably the same person?
- Would there have been a better way for him to deal with the situation. He supposedly knew the identity of Friendlychemist, could he not have just explained the situation and released the details publicly?

It will be interesting to find out more about what supposedly happened, but for now I'm left wondering how likely it is that this series of events actually took place.
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 02:02:19 PM

Go fuck yourself statist.   

hey I don't like statist thought either, but your attitude doesn't help present your case against it in any sort of appealing manner.

You really want to further freedom in this world? Act as a role model of an amazing free human being so that others can lose their fear of becoming free, too.

Insulting statists makes you look like you're just engaged in a game of intellectual one-upmanship.

ON TOPIC:

DPR provided a way for people to express their intent (in this case using substances), where there were barriers imposed on that behavior by government. That is creating freedom. He has thus painted a target on his back and publicly stated that he is aware of the potential consequences of his actions and is willing to face them. I find that very noble.

As for the alleged hit, that seems like very morally ambiguous moral territory to me. Not black & white at all.

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
Zooey

Activity: 241

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 02:02:40 PM

as long they don´t come up with a corpse i think it is propaganda.

[Not a personal dig dude, just pointing out the matter-of-fact] Clearly, like the 99%, you're making your mind up based on third party chitterchat rather than finding out the deets of what's gone down for yourself, because nobody actually died.

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
jeffhuys

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 03:53:15 PM

Hmmh I don't really care about all this bullshit. Where there's demand, there's drugs.

Mooshire

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:03:10 PM

You spelled "champion of murder" wrong. HTH.
Came here to say this.

darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:07:40 PM

[Not a personal dig dude, just pointing out the matter-of-fact] Clearly, like the 99%, you're making your mind up based on third party chitterchat rather than finding out the deets of what's gone down for yourself, because nobody actually died.

All that means is that it's an attempt crime rather than a completed crime.  It is just as illegal to try to contract for a murder as it is to succeed at contracting for a murder.  The penalties are just less.
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 02:08:50 AM

I agree, it should be peoples own choice what they put in their bodies. I honestly don't see the difficulty in someone creating a new site called Silk Road 2 , and everyone just going there. I wouldn't do it because I don't want to go to jail, but for someone with the experience it could easily be done. You could even have the same staff members, I think the old SR forums are still up, but you'll probably get a virus from the FBI if you go there.
gwedo

Activity: 83

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:27:21 AM

I agree, it should be peoples own choice what they put in their bodies. I honestly don't see the difficulty in someone creating a new site called Silk Road 2 , and everyone just going there. I wouldn't do it because I don't want to go to jail, but for someone with the experience it could easily be done. You could even have the same staff members, I think the old SR forums are still up, but you'll probably get a virus from the FBI if you go there.

DPR is a great man we should thank him for promoting free market.

Hello world
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: