Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:46:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] MVI Coin - Value Invest, allow whole world buy US stocks on Ethereum  (Read 464 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
movi-invest (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:17:35 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 09:36:19 PM by movi-invest

This is not a traditional Initial Coin Offering (ICO). It is a special ICO that is trying to open a channel between the crypto world and the whole world. Everything about this ICO is gathering around MOVI - Math Oriented Value Investing. We highly recommend that you understand the MOVI before you take any actions. Here is a brief introduction of MOVI.

MOVI (Math Oriented Value Investing) is firstly a value investing methodology, following the investments rules of aiming at generating free cash flow in long term. Secondly it focuses on a group of high-tech companies (mostly in the United States) that are armed with deep mathematics and algorithms in their business that makes them the actual monopoly in their business areas for a long time. That gives them plenty time and opportunity to harvest in a dimensional space where nobody else can enter because of the high bar created by the deep math knowledge. (It took Microsoft 28 years to lose their top-skilled employees and during the 28 years their stocks goes up 42200%.) Almost all cutting-edge mathematics talents and academic organizations are in the United States and therefore most technology monopoly companies are in the U.S. which is where MOVI targets at. We ignore the good-looking companies that can do better on the products/services than other companies who can also provide similar products/services.  We look for companies that CAN DO WHAT OTHERS CANNOT DO. Even if you are not interested in this ICO, it will still be helpful to learn the MOVI methodology which highly likely will help you to make decent profit in stock market. We believe only the financial analysts who own both value investing knowledge and deep math and algorithms knowledge can perform a real accurate analysis on the high-tech companies' business. For more details please visit our website http://www.movi-invest.com/ICO.aspx.

1. First thing first, the MVI coin is an equity coin. It represents shares/stocks of a company, Broad Investments, LLC, registered in Washington State in the United States. The company is running with some pre-existing fund (about USD $220,000) invested into the stock markets in the United States. To verify the company, go to https://www.sos.wa.gov/corps/, "Simple Business Search", and search for "Broad Investments".

2. The coin has intrinsic value - every coin is a share of the company and has some cash in it with some earning power.  Existing cash actually doesn't count when valuing a business (the earning power counts). But existing cash helps to keep it in good financial status.

By issuing the MVI Coin, we are trying to resolve the following problems.

A. Traditional Value Investing is not efficient as it did before. The traditional value investing has been well known by many investors and the gap between stock value and price keeps decreasing. That reduces the investment return rate tremendously. Here we present a Math Oriented Value Investing (MOVI) methodology. MOVI focuses on investing into companies that are armed with deep mathematics knowledge which makes them the actual monopoly in their business areas for a long time. We tested and verified the MOVI and it beats the general stock market by a decent percentage. In MOVI methodology we almost hold the stocks "forever".  We won't sell a stock if there is no dramatic change of fundamentals of the underlying company.

B. Current Artificial Intelligence (AI) based stock trading system doesn't work well.
There are many AI and deep learning based trading algorithms running on Wall Street today and none of them working well. If you are on Wall Street you know that I am telling the truth. And believe it or not, even if their performance is very poor, they are already running and will keep running on Wall Street because people believe that is the future.  We believe that the reason of their poor performance is that the stock candidates input into the algo don't have good quality.  By using MOVI selected stock candidates, we expect the AI algo will give better results. We are developing an MOVI based Artificial Intelligence Driven Financial Analysis system (MOVI-FA) and are working on finding industry partners to test it.

C. The people especially low income people all over the world usually don't have access to investing into the elite companies that are mostly located in the United States whose stocks are hold by the group of richest people (that is very unfair). MVI coin makes it possible. The MVI-COIN which is ERC-20 based cryptocurrency will serve as a bridge that allows people all over the world to indirectly invest into the most cutting edge and most profitable companies in this world (most of them are in the U.S. for good reasons). We hope this will provide a fair investment environment to all the people, and also reduce the wealth gap between the poor and the rich by providing the poor with an opportunity to invest into MOVI selected companies.

D. This part is not in the Whitepaper. We are also planning a system that helps people around the world to purchase United States stocks by Assigned Way, meaning the user can use MVI coin to purchase U.S. stocks that he or she selected (for example, Netflix, Adobe, etc.) via Broad Investments, directly. In this plan we serve as a brokerage agent.  Why not Bitcoin or Eth directly, and why MVI?  People may ask.  There are good reasons. Purchasing directly US stocks for people outside US is complicated. Having our own MVI coin makes it more manageable. Because the price change of all coins is dramatic, we will have to develop and leverage some financial instruments (hedge, future, etc.) to stabilize the stock purchasing prices by coins. The Wall Street already has existing instruments that we can borrow. We need our own coins to do that. We are still investigating the detailed steps. We will charge fees for each transaction.

E. Open a door from cryptocurrency world to whole world, and help the whole world to understand our crypto world.
Blockchain itself is an excellent technology.  There is no doubt of that either from the cryptocurrency world or from the other part of the world (let's call it the whole world). But people from the whole world will think cryptocurrency differently.  Most people are still thinking it is not real, hypes, or even Ponzi. Some governments are trying to crush it and banks are trying to destroy it, etc. And they have enough power and fund to do that. People working in cryptocurrency world from time to time have to endure huge pressure that they don't deserve. This is sad. (I am amazed and touched by the fact that how strong the life of the cryptocurrency world is by resisting so much pressure on such a tough, unfriendly environment. When the days come that the cryptocurrency completely transforms the financial world, all this will become legend.) What the people from the whole world missed here, from our point of view, is that (1) the cryptocurrency world is an EXCELLENT democratic funding platform, and (2) it connects the whole world seamlessly, all over the world of 7 continents. Even the crypto world may not notice that either. For the first feature, it can easily beat the venture capital world that is mainly controlled by the BIG banks, and controlled by their unreasonable rules. Lots of excellent projects can be funded without tedious venture capital unfair application processes where the banks have absolute power to take advantage of others, and big guys have overwhelming advantage over the smaller ones. The second feature is even more exciting. For excellent ideas or projects, people all over the world can work seamlessly together to fairly fund them, easily via the cryptocurrency, and benefit from good projects. That will definitely help to release human potentials. I believe sooner or later, governments will start to realize these important good characteristics.

On the other hand, there are also lots of projects that don't deserve their current price tags. I am from the technology world and from my understanding most of the projects are simply technologically not feasible. Blockchain is an excellent technology but, not everything can be or should be put into blockchain. I am sure you will agree with me if you understand the blockchain technology. In additional, there are some false projects whose only purpose is gathering some coins from investors and then they disappear.  I believe that is also one of the main reasons that the whole world thinks the crypto world differently, without separating good characteristics from the bad ones. (The other reason is there is still no well-known concrete successful use case in the real world other than Bitcoin.)  All of those are actually hurting the cryptocurrency world and the whole world as well.  We need an Authority Organization that can help investors to identify and differentiate good ICOs from false ICOs in DEEP TECHNOLOGY LEVEL (not in business level). If you possess deep technology you will be able to rule out lots of un-deserved ICOs.  Unfortunately most of investors don't have that knowledge. A recognized Authority Organization will help the crypto world to grow healthily, and make us prosper for the long term. That will be our next project (not this MVI).

MVI coin here serves as a channel that is trying to open a door from the cryptocurrency world to the whole world. If it is successful, we hope it can show the whole world that the good characteristics of the crypto world and how it can help the world to become a better place. We shouldn't close our door.  We should open the door and gain acceptance and recognition from the whole world in order to make the cryptocurrency world survive and prosper. If there is a concrete cryptocurrency backed project that provides undeniable value to the real world, governments will change their attitude and banks will have no more excuses to attack us, and whoever thinks cryptocurrency is hype will think again.  

By investing into this type of companies we are actually investing into a group of special people with special hard core Math genes in this world that no other people can match. Mathematics is the most challenging science and the business model based on Math is usually SOFT (no hard cost of tangible products, no inventory cost, purely knowledge driven). This will protect high Return On Equity (ROE) for the long run for a company. High ROE will make most of corporate earnings become free cash flow (corporate value), and low ROE will make most of earnings become survival money that cannot contribute to corporate value. For more details please visit our website [http://www.movi-invest.com](http://www.movi-invest.com).

The following are some other facts we want to clarify.

We are only releasing 10% of our shares/coins. The initial co-founders will keep 50%+ of it.  We know what the value of the company is and we value it very much.

I want to be open on this too. We don't have a very big soft cap target since this is a pilot project. The soft cap is only USD 100,000 and 40% of it is already booked by some our friends and family members. The soft cap price is a good deal and it benefits people close to us. I just want you to be aware of that.

If you are not happy with our investment results down the road we are willing to re-purchase the coins at the same price (only in US dollar value) at which you purchased during pre-ICO and ICO. Since it represents shares of our company, our co-founders always value it more and more as time goes by because we believe its intrinsic value will keep growing.  As management and co-founders of the company, we probably understand the value of the company/coins better than you do, although we hope you will understand that the same way as we do.  We are staying in the Washington State in U.S. and won't go anywhere. You can easily locate us.

By looking for MVI coin contributors, we are looking for long term partner style investors who share our values and beliefs.  We will treat you as if we were in your position.  We also like you to treat us as if you are in my position.

I also want to crystal clear on how we price the ICO total capital.  We selected an arbitrary number of 1,000,000. Suppose we raise 1,000,000 USD.  Our fund will be about 1,222,000 (raised fund plus our existing fund). Suppose we have 30% capital yearly gain (we honestly think it is a reasonable estimation for MOVI), our total gain for the first 5 years will be (1.3^5)*1222000 - 1222000 = 3315200.  (As we don't sell stocks there will be no capital gain tax.) The average yearly earning of the first 5 years will be 3315200/5=663040.  As we are a small company we will give it a PE (Price Earning ratio) of 100 which makes the total capital of 66,304,000.  After some discount we make the total capital of 50,000,000 which reflects our initial ICO prices. Please be aware that two assumptions are made here. (1) If the actually raised fund is less than 1,000,000 then our total capital will be smaller and we will adjust our coin value to compensate more coins/shares to the investors. If the raised fund is larger than 1,000,000 then we won't adjust the coin value and the early stage coin holders will get more benefit. (2) The real annual capital gain rate may be higher or lower than 30%.  We don't adjust coin value for this because we believe even if it is lower the second 5 years will generate much bigger earnings than the first 5 years because of the exponential increasing of value. We should be on a solid ground in long term.

There are so many false ICOs these days which makes a real ICO project very hard to stand out. During the release of this article, I asked myself the same question again and again for each item of the article: do you think it is fair if you are a potential investor? Or ask in another way, do you think you are treating the potential investors the same way as you are treating yourself?  I make all my answer as YES before I give myself a green light of releasing this article. I believe integrity and honesty are always the best way to keep us happy and prosper. Please let me know if I missed anything that makes you think you are unfairly treated.

We are listening. If you come with any ideas that can improve our business process or ICO process, please email us at sales@movi-invest.com. We are open to any mind that can help us get better.

We are in the process of registering with U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) by working with our attorneys and local governments. (Interesting thing is although some governments are trying to crush cryptocurrency our local government is actually very open to it.  From their point of view, law is above everything instead of personal opinions.) Investors from most countries other than the United States can invest without the need of registration with SEC.  For U.S. investors to contribute we will need to register with SEC. We will keep you updated about this information on our website.

Thanks for your time,
MOVI-Invest

P.S. We are welcome to anybody who is interested in value investing practice to join us and discuss with us about better value investing methodology.  We are going to post a bet on the http://longbets.org to see if any other investments methodology can beat MOVI. In addition, Broad Investments are hiring part time security analysts who have deep math and algorithms knowledge and high-tech professional experience in world leading companies to help screening MOVI stocks. Top Facebook and Google engineers are welcome. No value investing background needed but math skill is a must.  We will train the new hires on MOVI and then send them to participate in Columbia University value investing program (https[Suspicious link removed]ced/program-pages/details/61). We believe our MOVI methodology is better than any other value investing practice but it is also crucial to know what other people are doing especially the people in a place where value investing was initially started.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Georgewang1008

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:38:05 AM

Very good project.  Will read through the white paper tonight.  How confident are you on your investment performance?
movi-invest (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:13:24 AM

For our medium.com story, click here.
Georgewang1008

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:49:28 PM

Very interesting idea. value invest plus high tech, reflecting the several richest persons in the world. Smart. I come with a question. Are you guys doing investment management for us or do we need to select stocks?
Willliam

Activity: 222
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:53:03 PM

Please,
  Give me a Vietnamese translation  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes thank u
movi-invest (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:56:16 PM

Sure will add that soon. Smiley
Please,
  Give me a Vietnamese translation  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes thank u
JoshuaBlack1

Activity: 97
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:59:53 PM

This sounds fantastic. Hopefully it workes
kamnibal

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:05:15 PM

How people will be sure, that you will re-purchase your coin if something?
Georgewang1008

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:46:34 AM

excellent! I think the second model is more attractive.
Georgewang1008

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:28:08 PM

A Chinese copy will be very helpful...
maryannsoriano1145

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:42:43 AM

its a very good project and look forward to read through the white paper tonight.ill follow this  for more new update Wink
fhey

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:40:16 PM

Can I participate in the token sale if I am a US citizen?
Georgewang1008

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:51:54 PM

From the white paper you got good investment performance.  How do you guarantee the same result will repeat?
fhey

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:21:57 PM

Do you think you can finish registration with SEC before PRE-ICO?
Georgewang1008

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:38:12 AM

Seems like it is listed at ICO bench:
https://icobench.com/ico/math-oriented-value-investing
SShikakAA

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:48:33 PM

Hi all! I've just found SWOT analysis of this project in the net. Does it seem realistic, how do you think?
http://swot.digrate.com/report/617ef99f-f6fa-464a-87eb-a0d5c466068e
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: