Bitcoin Forum
May 16, 2024, 03:11:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC and XMR  (Read 259 times)
Yuchamee (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:50:13 AM

Is there any cryptocurrencies other than BTC and XMR that people are actually using?
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:55:57 AM

People use other cryptocurrencies like ETH, LTC, BCH(like it or not), etc too. But compared to BTC and ETH, sites/services that use some of those other coins are definitely significantly lower. Also, take note that some(or most) of the coins are still in their very early development stages, so expect the usability and adoption to be very very low.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Yuchamee (OP)

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:02:40 AM

SO, they take much time to come to the real world market
Jimmy palumbo

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:09:54 AM

Yes, there are still a lot of altcoins that are used in real life, but this ratio is still very small.
There is no single token that can be used worldwide, because the current blockchain is in the development stage.

sakib.bro

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:15:29 AM

Sure, people are using litecoin and ethereum also
this are also main cryptocurrency like bitcoin and ripple
Palmholder

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:34:55 AM

Is there any cryptocurrencies other than BTC and XMR that people are actually using?
You may be surprised, but I dont even know what is XMR and actually dont want to know. People use BTC and ETH the most. Coinmarketcap clearly shows it

Spazzer

Activity: 1080
Merit: 309

I love technology.

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 04:35:48 AM

I believe real use is still very based off what people are using cryptocurrency for. Such as if people are using the Darknet side of the industry they are using Monero and NavCoin. If they are investing they are going into the big ticket coins such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Neo and Ripple. If they want to use it for daily transactions and use they get into Litecoin, Dash and Nano.

This does not always apply, but I think it holds true for most cases. The other major coins in the top 100 have been because of the bull rush this past year.

PHYSIBIT, MANTIS CRYPTOS & CRYPTO QUILTS - The best and most trusted places to shop for physical bitcoins and more!!
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:36:52 AM

SO, they take much time to come to the real world market

Technically, they're already in the real world market as you can already freely trade those coins/tokens right now. What will most likely take time is the adoption, as most if not all the cryptocurrencies right now are still in the early alpha or beta stage like I said on my previous reply.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:44:06 AM

People use other cryptocurrencies like ETH, LTC, BCH(like it or not), etc too. But compared to BTC and ETH, sites/services that use some of those other coins are definitely significantly lower. Also, take note that some(or most) of the coins are still in their very early development stages, so expect the usability and adoption to be very very low.

Indeed we have seen many projects recently which are giving out their tokens as utility purpose and thus they can make good deal with the purpose that you are finding here. It is your misconception that only BTC, XMR coins are being used as payment methods or as currency purpose. There are almost every coin which can be used as utility token in their own site and also now a days with shape shifting and many mixing sites you can use any preferred altcoins as they can convert it to the required coin at the end user. Thus making it simpler and better than just BTC/XMR. I believe ETH is also widely used and more than enough in the ICO payments.
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:50:07 AM

You may be surprised, but I dont even know what is XMR and actually dont want to know. People use BTC and ETH the most. Coinmarketcap clearly shows it

Looks like you have been living under a rock...
Yeah BTC, XMR and LTC are the only ones used for payments atm. ETH is used but not for payments really... Other alts not so much, until they come with some breaktrought technology like IOTA that actually works, i don't see the need for them.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:50:49 AM

Sure. The most popular currency for actual use is Ethereum. They had 704,590 transactions in the last 24 hours. Bitcoin only had 169,048 transactions.

Bitcoin is going backwards in terms of adoption and use, but Ethereum is going from strength to strength.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:04:09 PM

"use" has a very wide definition. so first we have to set the criteria for what we consider usage and then by how much.
for example is just making transactions from exchange to wallet (back and forth) a usage? or is using the coins to actually buy a physical item (not even digital) only from a physical store a usage? i would say somewhere in between.

and as for how much, it has to be enough that you can bother to count and it has to last for a while not just be some random usage in some random online store for once and no more.

for example Dogecoin has some websites you can buy some small games from but i don't think we can consider such things as usage.
litecoin has more than Dogecoin by a lot but nowhere near as much as bitcoin. but i think we can consider than usage.

there are other altcoins too which have tried to do different things and get some real merchant adoption like the incentive that Byteball has put forth for merchants to adopt it. they need more work to enter my standards.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 12:10:54 PM

You haven't even listed the most active coins, XMR isn't even on top of that list.
Steem is actually the most active blockchain with the highest amount of transactions each day.

Source: https://blocktivity.info/

Sure. The most popular currency for actual use is Ethereum. They had 704,590 transactions in the last 24 hours. Bitcoin only had 169,048 transactions.

Bitcoin is going backwards in terms of adoption and use, but Ethereum is going from strength to strength.

Where's your source that it's the most popular in terms of actual use?

Arngrim

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:18:29 PM

How wide is the reach of the word "usage" for you?
ETH and QTUM is being used also to buy other cryptocurrencies specially those at ICO'S.
Ethereum is also being absorbed by some local website wallet in case of their option to withdraw. Yes you can cash it out if you are in doubt of what is next to happen.

GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS                      DEVELOPED & TESTED PLATFORM ✔                 
( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
                               whitepaper    facebook    twitter    youtube    telegram    |       JOIN TOKEN SALE     12th Feb 2018
waskaplung

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:27:10 PM

Yes, there are still a lot of altcoins that are used in real life, but this ratio is still very small.
There is no single token that can be used worldwide, because the current blockchain is in the development stage.
Exchange BTC / XMR in no time at a profitable rate on EXMO. Moмeнтaльный oбмeн. Чaт тpeйдepoв. Topгoвaя плaтфopмa. Bвoд/Bывoд - 24/7. Бeзoпacнocть.
boynegro

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:28:14 PM

Monero price chart and market capitalization from all exchanges for 24 hours, 7 days, 14 days, 1 month, 1 year, and more (XMR/BTC)
donpepot

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:29:10 PM

Sure, people are using litecoin and ethereum also
this are also main cryptocurrency like bitcoin and ripple
Convert BTC (Bitcoin) to XMR (Monero) online. BTC/XMR price chart & exchange rate. Currencio — World Currency & Cryptocurrencies Converter.
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:34:36 PM
Merited by Lieldoryn (5)

People use all the coins. Without the support of the people of the coin cannot exist. Bitcoin is the leader among all cryptocurrencies. It will always remain a leader and set trends for everyone. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't pay attention to other coins. Any currency can bring income to its owner. You need to be able to use the advantages of coins and then you are guaranteed success.
dreamteam17

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:44:57 PM

I personally do not know these, I always analyze everything at the expense of stock exchanges and their data.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:58:56 PM

Why wouldn't you include ETH? I really think that the second best coin are Ethereum and you didn't include it as a cryptocurrency that most people are using, But yes monero is in my portfolio otherwise this coin is good to invest with and I really think you can use a coin depends on the country you are at, And if that specific country accept and have a merchant that accept that certain Altcoins.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: