Bitcoin Forum
September 20, 2024, 03:05:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do people say about Christians?  (Read 137 times)
Pumapipa (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:37:33 AM

This is in response to a preaching in our church last Sunday. According to a study, people perceived Christians to be judgemental, exclusive, anti gay, hypocritical and others. This served as a wake up call to Christian believers like myself, i am no perfect Christian but it is my prayer to be one after God's own heart, to be like Jesus, selfless, loving and forgiving.
millenniumcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:04:49 AM

In my opinion, Christian are not judgmental but they speak against gay and they are not exclusive, hypocritical because  these are unscriptural .Anything contrary to the will of God must be condemned by any serious Christian because you can not welcome or receive what your heavenly father hated .The bible says; "be yeah holy for your heavenly father  is holly."1peter1vs.15 ,
Now, concerning perfection, it depends on you understand of the word "perfection " take a look at James3 vs.2 .Let me remind you that there were  people who hit perfection while on earth, brother Noah, (Gene.6 vs 9)brother Job (Job 3 vs 3),brother Enoch (Gene.5vs.24 ),and you must be perfect to make heaven and there are no short cut nor assumptions -matthew5 vs.48 speaks  on this wise.
Finally, it is written in 1corinthian2 vs 6: "howbeit we speaks wisdom among them that are perfect....".
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:36:28 AM

This is in response to a preaching in our church last Sunday. According to a study, people perceived Christians to be judgemental, exclusive, anti gay, hypocritical and others. This served as a wake up call to Christian believers like myself, i am no perfect Christian but it is my prayer to be one after God's own heart, to be like Jesus, selfless, loving and forgiving.

In a way yes... Christians are judgemental, being that they abhor sin.  Christians are exclusive, i mean why else would they want for you to change religions ang follow God. Anti-gay is a no brainer, since they don't accept that there is any gender more than male and female. Hypocritical in a sense that preaching leading a sin free life but failing to do so in their lives. But all these words are blown out of proportion. It's like saying someone is selfish because that person gave a dollar to the poor when he could afford 5.

Boldcom

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:44:02 AM

in my opinion, close minded people are the once saying christians are like this and like that. there are catholics, muslims and etc that are like this and like that. i am a catholic and i believe that we should not generalize that christians, catholics and etc are like this and like that. it is always depending on the person, it’s her/his attitude. it does not have anything to do with religion.
UzumakiSakuragi

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:27:42 PM

Being judgmental is wrong.we are all sinner living by the grace of God.as Jesus respond to pharesees who brought a woman who had been caught  in the act of adultery.if any among you without sin let him be the first cast a stone..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: