Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:23:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-03-04] Yandex Study Shows Rising Interest In Crypto By Kazakhstanis  (Read 115 times)
moriskarlov (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:42:59 AM

A study by Yandex, a multinational corporation for Internet services, showed that Kazakhstanis have been searching for a variety cryptocurrency-related terms in frequency and amount several times higher this year as compared to 2017, local news outlet zakon.kz reported March 2.

The study shows that the increase in interest began in June of last year and rose in September, with Kazakhstanis asking Yandex more questions like “what is Bitcoin/Blockchain/ICO/mining?” The study notes that “what is Bitcoin” was asked the most in December 2017, when Bitcoin’s price hit $20,000.

Other search queries popular in Kazakhstan include, “can students work with Bitcoin?” “Bitcoin printing,” “what is Blockchain in simple words for dummies?” and “which mining services really pay?”

Yandex users in Kazakhstan used the word “cryptocurrency” in searches 15 times more than in 2018 than in 2017, and searched for “graphics cards for mining” 10 times more than the year before.

Kazakh users also searched for just “Bitcoin” 7 times more than in the beginning of last year, and are 4 times more likely to search “ICO” this year along with various modifiers.

In November of last year, Kazakhstan’s Astana International Finance Center announced that they were interested in releasing a fiat-based cryptocurrency, the CryptoTenge, after signing a deal with a Maltese financial broker. Also in November, it was reported that Kazakhstan is considering licensing a cryptocurrency and Blockchain lobby group to promote the new technology.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/yandex-study-shows-rising-interest-in-crypto-by-kazakhstanis

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:58:59 AM

Nice, I haven't heard anything about Kazakhstan since Borat. Cheesy

The article makes it seem like interest in Bitcoin and cryptocurrency is skyrocketing in 2018. Weird, right? Because everywhere I look, the hype has totally died down. That's why I think Kazakhstan might be an outlier. Compare to global Google trends for "bitcoin" --

moriskarlov (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:08:51 AM

The article makes it seem like interest in Bitcoin and cryptocurrency is skyrocketing in 2018. Weird, right? Because everywhere I look, the hype has totally died down. That's why I think Kazakhstan might be an outlier. Compare to global Google trends for "bitcoin" --

Please, don`t judge about Kazakhstan by "Borat" movie. Actually, this film was shot in poor romanian villages. Kazakhstan is a large, industrially developed country, with a growing IT sector, solid trade relations with Russia and China, transport corridor between Asia and Europe. A lot of kazakh students are choosing to study in Europe and USA prestigious universities.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:48:17 PM

Please, don`t judge about Kazakhstan by "Borat" movie. Actually, this film was shot in poor romanian villages. Kazakhstan is a large, industrially developed country, with a growing IT sector, solid trade relations with Russia and China, transport corridor between Asia and Europe. A lot of kazakh students are choosing to study in Europe and USA prestigious universities.

I have little knowledge of Kazakhstan and the "Borat" movie but it's great to hear that such a country would have some interest in cryptocurrency. It seems like their country is moving to make major developments for crypto and even create a fiat-based cryptocurrency. Since their IT sector is growing, it seems like that the technology within the country is on its path towards development. Other countries should do the same and foster developmens for crypto.
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:41:30 PM

I believe that the surge of interest could be connected to cheap electricity costs in their country compared to other countries. I speculate that the proximity of China also could be a factor, maybe part of Chinese miners are migrating to Kazakhstan and spreading thw word as well.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:06:48 PM

Do not judge Kazakhstan by some stupid movie. This country is my neighbour country and I know that in past couple tens of years it developed fast and a lot. The capital is Astana is something like Dubai now and their interest to such progressive thing as Blockchain and crypto currencies is normal. I do not what laws about money regulation they have, but I hope they will not go by the way of banning and rough control.
dbers79

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:20:23 AM

Honestly, I don't know what the real point of the study is. What is the purpose of using Kazakhstan as the barometer for the study? Is crypto's penetration in that area close to zero? If Kazakhstanis are now showing more interest in crypto, how does this relate to the whole world? Do the researchers have any other agenda aside from publishing their findings?
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:29:03 AM

This news once again shows that the crypto currency is gradually entering our life and there is no other way. Kazakhstan is one of the largest in the territory of the former CIS countries and occupies a convenient geographical position, connecting Europe and Asia. Therefore, it is very important that this country join the commonwealth of countries where the crypto currency for circulation will be recognized.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: