Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:05:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Need Advice] Which would be best to buy? Hasfast or Cointerra  (Read 11534 times)
manav1112 (OP)

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:49:31 AM

Hi, I would like to buy any bitcoin hardware, with a grand limit of $10000 not including shipping.
I have to get it however by December 21 preferably.
I need your opinion as it is hard to predict the difficulty
Options that I know of so far:
Cointerra 2 TH/s January: $6000
Hashfast Baby Jet + Upgrade (800GH/s) without miner program: $4200

Any more suggestions?
Cointerra is good, just late, so I want your opinion
MerchantMiner

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:55:08 AM

Avoid these companys , just read though the forum to get info on haw many people are waiting for refunds and there equipment, buy Blades if you can i would, also to be honest with that amount i would just buy bitcoins direct you will make MORE on your ROI. BUY THE COINS
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:59:24 AM

Is Hashfast's $/Ghs much better than KnC's?
manav1112 (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:19:09 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2013, 09:34:48 AM by manav1112

Avoid these companys , just read though the forum to get info on haw many people are waiting for refunds and there equipment, buy Blades if you can i would, also to be honest with that amount i would just buy bitcoins direct you will make MORE on your ROI. BUY THE COINS
Why do they want refunds? They would have to wait for equipment cause Hashfast is coming in december and Cointerra in January

Yeah it is definintely, Hashfast is $4.2 per Gh, Cointerra is $3 per Gh, and KnC is $9. Also hashfast and cointerra include the casing, power supply, etc. So it is also more easier to setup.
MerchantMiner

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:25:51 AM

Yep, and I just found another website that would be nice to order from even though they are $15000 IF they ship much much quicker which i doubt...

Why do they want refunds? They would have to wait for equipment cause Hashfast is coming in december and Cointerra in January

Yeah it is definintely, Hashfast is $4.2 per Gh, Cointerra is $3 per Gh, and KnC is $9. Also hashfast and cointerra include the casing, power supply, etc. So it is also more easier to setup.

Terrahash sorry ,

ASIC bitcoin miner manufacturer TerraHash has told customers that it has gone out of business. The company is now facing legal action from at least two customers, CoinDesk has learned.

The California-registered corporation announced on the Bitcointalk forum that several problems had caused it to cease trading.
manav1112 (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:35:01 AM

Yep, and I just found another website that would be nice to order from even though they are $15000 IF they ship much much quicker which i doubt...  https://bitmine.ch/?product=coincraft-rig
dragonkid

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 09:51:55 AM

Yep, and I just found another website that would be nice to order from even though they are $15000 IF they ship much much quicker which i doubt...  https://bitmine.ch/?product=coincraft-rig

Have you seen http://www.virtualminingcorp.com/ There are no waiting and if you can spend money, this one is even more powerful than CoinTerra. VMC's top end miner is 24.576 TH/s.

manav1112 (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:10:23 AM

I checked, its 9,000$ for 1 th and its shipping november. I just wouldnt know how to set it up, but i could get help for that on forums, but the main problem is:
It starts shipping November. No specific date, it could be November 30, just like hashfast.
MerchantMiner

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:04:04 PM

Have you seen http://www.virtualminingcorp.com/ There are no waiting and if you can spend money, this one is even more powerful than CoinTerra. VMC's top end miner is 24.576 TH/s.

give them your cash and wave it good buy you will see nothing in return. lol SCAMS
dbbit

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 07:40:36 AM

Have you seen http://www.virtualminingcorp.com/   There are no waiting

How do you figure?

Is it because they wrote:
"AVAILABLE FOR PREPAID PRE-ORDER ONLY"

Or maybe because of the:
"Shipping Starts November 2013"

VMC's top end miner is 24.576 TH/s.

So is 20 HashFast Sierra's, and costs about the same ($141'600 for HashFast, vs. $148'000 for the VMC with 6 expansion cases).
manav1112 (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 01:28:13 PM

So... Which one would YOU guys prefer? Hashfast or Cointerra
Hi, I would like to buy any bitcoin hardware, with a grand limit of $10000 not including shipping.

Any more suggestions?
manav1112 (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 09:36:47 AM

Bump! No suggestions? Hashfast's baby jet w/ upgrade in december or cointerra's 2 TH in january/febuary
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 03:24:35 AM

Bump! No suggestions? Hashfast's baby jet w/ upgrade in december or cointerra's 2 TH in january/febuary

I'd suggest a third option: two Second Batch Baby Jets - With Miner Protection Program™.

Why?  Because HashFast's chip taped out over a month ago, but we don't yet know if Cointerra met their goal of taping out the "first week of October" or not.

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:24:44 AM

My bet ? Bitmine,in Dec/Jan delivery.Wait till Nov,price reductions will be happening for all miners,due to diff increases  Cheesy

https://bitmine.ch/?product=coincraft-desk

Maybe even BlackArrow,waiting for more solid info,thier prices are alot better...................IF they survive  Wink

http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
fattypig

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 01:12:53 PM

Any more suggestions?

I would choose cointerra just because hashfast is a new company and they have not ship anything yet.

HashFast_CL

Activity: 168

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 10:48:20 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2013, 11:21:51 PM by HashFast_CL

I would choose cointerra just because hashfast is a new company and they have not ship anything yet.

In fairness to HashFast, both are new companies and neither has shipped anything.

Also, HashFast paid their NRE and taped-out to TSMC well over a month ago.  Cointerra said they'd tape-out the first week of October, but that deadline has passed and we've yet to hear any confirmation or see any press releases.

If Cointerra did miss their tape-out target, their deliveries will be delayed accordingly.

The principals at HashFast (Simon and Eduardo) have run a successful start-up company previously.

Ravi and Cointerra, not so much.

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
MTBmanTT

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Bitcoin: The new Wild West

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 11:11:44 PM

@Hashfast_CL

Looking into your website and finding your protection program.  Regarding your examples, how exactly would that work? You're asking for another near 2K for the protection, and once the unit is in clients hands...

How would the "upgrade" work? Would you overnight a second module?  

What if 400GHs at that 90 day period wont cover the loss amount?

Do you have any prototype pictures of chassis, working units etc?

and finally, how many modules can a single unit use?

Source: https://hashfast.com/miner-protection-program/

"Two examples of how it will work:

Example 2 – You buy a Baby Jet for 50 BTC, and we ship it on October 25th(though actual projection to ship is mid to late Nov).  January 23, 2014 comes and goes, and it turns out that at the Baby Jet’s nominal hashrate, it would only have generated 25 BTC during that 90 day period.  Calculated out, it would have taken an additional 400 Ghash/s of capacity shipped with your Baby Jet on October 25, 2013 to generate 50 BTC. We can’t go back in time to give you that 400Ghash/s. Instead, HashFast will double that and give you 800 Ghash/s in additional capacity. In this example, HashFast will give you two additional Golden Nonce ASICs, each with 400 nominal GHash/s."

BTC: 15EsnLVpCqAKMC59hm5BUYvTLMWXxmwh2D http://scrypt.cc?ref=babi4 LTC: LYgXWLpzQUjWXAHtc7ouMbf83pBTPsGfVG
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 01:05:09 AM

HF is the way to go.

we have no way to tell if Cointerra is even going to tape out. they're late already.
manav1112 (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 05:14:23 AM

@Hashfast_CL

Looking into your website and finding your protection program.  Regarding your examples, how exactly would that work? You're asking for another near 2K for the protection, and once the unit is in clients hands...

How would the "upgrade" work? Would you overnight a second module?  

What if 400GHs at that 90 day period wont cover the loss amount?

Do you have any prototype pictures of chassis, working units etc?

and finally, how many modules can a single unit use?

Source: https://hashfast.com/miner-protection-program/

"Two examples of how it will work:

Example 2 – You buy a Baby Jet for 50 BTC, and we ship it on October 25th(though actual projection to ship is mid to late Nov).  January 23, 2014 comes and goes, and it turns out that at the Baby Jet’s nominal hashrate, it would only have generated 25 BTC during that 90 day period.  Calculated out, it would have taken an additional 400 Ghash/s of capacity shipped with your Baby Jet on October 25, 2013 to generate 50 BTC. We can’t go back in time to give you that 400Ghash/s. Instead, HashFast will double that and give you 800 Ghash/s in additional capacity. In this example, HashFast will give you two additional Golden Nonce ASICs, each with 400 nominal GHash/s."
If they give 2 more chips, then I would need 1 more baby jet, as each baby jet can only hold 2 chips max.
But I see majority are saying HashFast, so I think ill take the first batch w/ miner protection
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 05:22:54 AM

also please note that the whole lot of Cointerra threads (4 at last count) have disappeared from the front page of the Custom Hardware section.

they haven't posted a thing in 2 wks.  i think something is wrong.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: