Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:06:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why token swap?  (Read 120 times)
neki1990 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:12:05 PM

I am a newbie.  Grin
I saw some ICOs mention 'Token Swap' on their Roadmaps. I wonder why is it necessary to perform Token Swap?
What is the good and bad thing to perform it?
Legion13

Activity: 323
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:12:45 PM

As far as I understand Tokens are not coins but instead something created or residing on another Blockchain. Like, ERC20 tokens are created on Ethereum Blockchain through smart contracts. This is widely used as a code is already in place and there is no need to create a separate Blockchain from scratch thus saving a lot of money initially. These tokens are then offered to the public by ICO and bounties etc along with the road-map. The funding is used to start the development of the real project and marketing and all that stuff. Thus once a separate Blockchain is created the tokens are swapped to their own block chains for decentralized applications.

All my trades need to be verified on the forum. Please send me a PM here first to confirm you are talking to me. Don't deal with anyone impersonating me on telegram.

P.S: I never ask trusted members to go first.
ItsEzMkay

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:33:57 PM

The good is that you will get to be on your own native blockchain at some point in time. The bad is you don't know when that is, and also if you are not super active in the community some people may miss the swap and be left with the old coins. That happens more than you think, so if you participate in an ICO like this mark the swap date on your calendar so you don't miss it!

neki1990 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:11:05 AM

Thank you guys for answering! Kiss But then i have a following up question.
Why do they have to set up just a period of time for token swap? What is the crucial criteria for the length of this period of time?
netadacadug

Activity: 156
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:18:03 AM

Token swap is advantage in the project because this is the proof that this project grow and looking for successfull in future
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: