Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:42:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Request: Litecoin Cash Solo Mining with Antminer S9  (Read 551 times)
selfblumpkin (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:50:45 PM

Hi Everyone -

I've (unsuccessfully) tried to set up solo mining servers using <altcoin>-qt wallets.

I know how to make a config file, set up bfgminer, etc. But eventually i always end up with the same error.

I've read in some forums that the mining software on the S9 may need to be replaced, if that's the case, I'm not sure i want to go down that road.

I would however like to try solo mining Litecoin Cash.

I've got the wallet up, fully synched on the same network as my Antminers. I'm unsure of the LCC RPC port needed and any help regarding what I've done wrong in the past with similar wallets would be greatly appreciated.

i know i have to make a litecoincash.conf file and place it in the user\appdata\roaming\litecoincash folder, but i'll need help with it's contents.

Any help GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Shawn
selfblumpkin (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:50:00 PM

bumpie bump? Cheesy
selfblumpkin (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:53:41 PM

Anyone?
-NV-

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 05:03:28 AM

Ever get this going?
selfblumpkin (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:00:52 AM

Ever get this going?

Nope
-NV-

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:28:28 AM

After about a week of researching and a few mistakes Roll Eyes, I finally got mine going using Ubuntu & NOMP.  Feel free to PM me if you think I can be of any help.
selfblumpkin (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:01:10 AM

After about a week of researching and a few mistakes Roll Eyes, I finally got mine going using Ubuntu & NOMP.  Feel free to PM me if you think I can be of any help.

Is NOMP the factor that made it work? I've tried with at least half a dozen coins, using their core wallet as the stratum server, changing config files, etc. The most i can do is get a console up for the server but nothing connects to it.

I have an IT backgroud, followed many peoples sets of instructions, and i couldn't get a single setup running.

I know places like Zpool etc. use NOMP. Is it a wallet / server itself, or is it an extension to a core client that runs in between the antminer and the coin's core wallet?

I'm also one of few people with an IT background that doesn't have any linux knowledge. I could probably breeze through picking it up in a day... worked with a few command line based OSs (mostly back in the day) and the internet is a great learning source. I'm just curious if there's a windows NOMP solution.

I just moved all my machines to a collocation in Idaho site that my buddy is starting a business at. They have a windows server there that I'll be given access too which kinda kills the linux idea too. They're also a bit protective (overly so if you ask me as I'm more knowledgeable than their CTO) and wont let me put a machine on their network.

They run the operation from CT with no one on site in Idaho. I actually solved 2-3 remote problems they had. "How do you physically restart these things if the mining software fails AND the web front end fails?" Their answer was "Well we haven't had to do that yet". "Did you consider running 3-4 raspberry pi's with power relay boards connected to them? They make them for like 20 relays. Then you run a PDU through it, or do it passed the PDU, and bam, you've got a smart outlet"

I could hear the CTO on the phone get a bit annoyed for being presented a really simple solution to a really simple problem that could plague them. I may be the new CTO soon, or at least hired to be the on site technician. I have a day job that allows me to work anywhere in the world, and to be the tech for a large scale collocation site while still keeping my job would be so fuckin neat.

Sorry for rambling! lol.
-NV-

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:41:58 PM

I honestly tried, what seemed to be like, so many different things.  NOMP had the most resources which allowed a novice like me get it running.  I've been able to add several different coins to go along with LCC, too, like BTC, LTC, DGB, DOGE and working on others.

If you have ANY sort of IT background, and are at least an awesome Googler, getting it set up should be a snap.
selfblumpkin (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:19:07 PM

I honestly tried, what seemed to be like, so many different things.  NOMP had the most resources which allowed a novice like me get it running.  I've been able to add several different coins to go along with LCC, too, like BTC, LTC, DGB, DOGE and working on others.

If you have ANY sort of IT background, and are at least an awesome Googler, getting it set up should be a snap.

Awesome. Thanks so much for the info man.

What’s you’re TH rate, and what are you getting for blocks vs pool mining?

I know on zpool I was solving a lot of blocks.

For example, at your hash rate, how successful were you at solving DGB blocks?

Thanks again man!

Also, NOMP doesn’t require wallet installation and blockchain downloads?

Shawn
-NV-

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:31:55 AM

Thanks again man!

Shawn

So far, I've not found any blocks.  I'm also not using all my rigs on the pool and am still adding coins.  You have to add the wallets and blockchains or else you can't confirm blocks or, in the event you want to allow mining on your pool, send out payments.
selfblumpkin (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:17:04 AM

Thanks again man!

Shawn

So far, I've not found any blocks.  I'm also not using all my rigs on the pool and am still adding coins.  You have to add the wallets and blockchains or else you can't confirm blocks or, in the event you want to allow mining on your pool, send out payments.

Got it, thanks. I've got ~250TH and I'm thinking based on the math i've done that i can do some block solving on PPC, LCC, DGB. I've also solved a Bitcoin block when i was at 240 TH on Kano's pool. My share was 7,000,000,000,000 something.
-NV-

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:44:01 PM

...I've got ~250TH...

Ha, yeah I'm not even remotely close to that.  Tongue

I pretty much just did this project to learn a little bit more about mining, RPC, Node JS, Ubuntu, etc.  Once I finish developing the website, I may just flip it.
selfblumpkin (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:57:20 PM

...I've got ~250TH...

Ha, yeah I'm not even remotely close to that.  Tongue

I pretty much just did this project to learn a little bit more about mining, RPC, Node JS, Ubuntu, etc.  Once I finish developing the website, I may just flip it.

Nice Smiley

Side Note, picked up two z9 mini's today Cheesy
dallas.little

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:32:55 AM

Well there are a couple of important steps when writing the conf file. Also the wallet must be run in 'server' mode.

If you are using an Antminer then you will need to install the litecoin cash wallet (full program) on a PC or Mac and have it fully synced with the blockchain.
Now that you have your wallet synced you will have to find the IP address of that computer and make sure it is on the same network/ip range/dns etc.
Open the RUN command and type %appdata% and press enter, open the litecoin cash folder and edit the conf file with notepad.
Enter these settings...
rpcuser=test
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=192.168.1.1 (this IP will be your PC ip address running litecoin cash wallet)
rpcport=9050
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0

block_nTime=1317972665
block_nNonce=2084524493

and save the conf file.
Once you have the IP address of the PC with your wallet program you will have to run the wallet in server mode. If using windows, open the run command and type cmd (a terminal/DOS window will open) now navigate to the litecoin cash folder and you should see the litecoin cash-qt.exe file, type lite then press TAB then space -server (the dash is very important or you will get an error, also make sure litecoin cash is not running) and press enter.
Now litecoin cash wallet is running in server mode, now you just have to point your miners to the PC IP address and use the port number 9050. So go to your miner config page (CGMiner usually) and enter the IP address and port number like 192.168.1.1:9050 and the user name MUST be the same as in the conf file (test) and the password x. Now save the settings and reboot your miner. Now your solo mining.
Laviathon

Activity: 481
Merit: 264

BCMonster.com BTC ZEN HUSH KMD ARRR VRSC ACH RFOX

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 04:38:23 PM

block_nTime=1317972665
block_nNonce=2084524493

Im trying to set up a pool and the blocks keep getting orphaned.  Do I need this in the conf file or coin config?

BCMonster.com BTC, KMD, ZEN, HUSH, RFox, ARRR, ACH, VRSC <cpu> -   /  Easy Live Dashboards   / Looking for Miners! Join our Discord
Mugtaiya

Activity: 171
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 04:57:00 PM

block_nTime=1317972665
block_nNonce=2084524493

Im trying to set up a pool and the blocks keep getting orphaned.  Do I need this in the conf file or coin config?
Will it be available to start mining any time soon on there?
Laviathon

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 06:55:30 PM

block_nTime=1317972665
block_nNonce=2084524493

Yea we are working on it.

BCMonster.com BTC, KMD, ZEN, HUSH, RFox, ARRR, ACH, VRSC <cpu> -   /  Easy Live Dashboards   / Looking for Miners! Join our Discord
Laviathon

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 07:05:29 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2018, 07:45:43 PM by Laviathon

block_nTime=1317972665
block_nNonce=2084524493

Yea we are working on it.

Pool is up running... and paying out.  Right now people are earning more mining lcc than btc.   Http://lcc.bcmonster.com

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:09:56 PM

I actually tried this before with my Antminer S2 and S3. Basically was going to solo mine some dead coins just for fun and basically could never get it to work.

Reason being the default Bitcoin Core wallet was using Getwork and I had the wallet on some local PC, and pointed the S2/S3 to that local PC. However it would solve some work and then it would stall with some Getwork error.

Only way to make it work was to get some pool software and make sure its Stratum and then it worked no problem.
Laviathon

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 05:15:30 AM

I actually tried this before with my Antminer S2 and S3. Basically was going to solo mine some dead coins just for fun and basically could never get it to work.

Reason being the default Bitcoin Core wallet was using Getwork and I had the wallet on some local PC, and pointed the S2/S3 to that local PC. However it would solve some work and then it would stall with some Getwork error.

Only way to make it work was to get some pool software and make sure its Stratum and then it worked no problem.

You have to have some sort of stratum.   You also have to have a pretty strong understanding of segwit reporting in order to get it to work.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: