Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:36:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: For current stagnant market, it is best to stay within the top 10-25 MCAP coins.  (Read 126 times)
JuniAiko (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 05:05:40 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2018, 06:27:17 PM by JuniAiko

I've recently sold all of my low MCAP coins and invested in NEO, ADA, XLM, OMG, VeChain, EOS, Nano, ICX, etc.

Safer that way.

I am staying away from the lower (lesser known) coins below Binance coins as their fate IMO is all down to speculation; and while the market is stagnant at best, it is better to stay away from investing in lower MCAP coins for now -- prices expected to fall while gains will mainly be seen on the higher MCAP coins that are more well known. Whatever the lower MCAP coins are doing, the higher MCAP coins are doing too (e.g. XLM is building its own DEX, and decentralized banking, ADA/EOS are building highly scalable network, ICX and Aion are partnering to realise cross-chain capabilities, and so on).

Need a highly bullish market to be able to push the lesser known coins up, and presently, is not the time.. (yet).

And I am staying away from BTC and ETH not because they are risky coins, but because of their super high MCAP, they have a lot less potential for a %gain that is as high as the other coins could possibly have.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:09:26 PM

You can do what ever you think is the best and right thing to do, just don't simply invest into coins based on their market cap, for instance maidsafe was once like within top coins and now it droped below top 90.

The lower the makretcap is the better ROI or loss you can get.
mrbnson

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

X-Block.io

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:30:01 PM

In the current market I think it's the ideal time to be transitioning from the top market cap coins to the smaller capped coins. The slide of large market cap coins stopped a few weeks ago and they've been recovering slowly and steadily since. Once they are done then it will be the turn of the smaller market cap coins but I don't suspect that their recoveries will be slow. So many of them dropped 5 fold or more and there are some real bargains to be had.
JuniAiko (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 06:26:33 PM

You can do what ever you think is the best and right thing to do, just don't simply invest into coins based on their market cap, for instance maidsafe was once like within top coins and now it droped below top 90.

The lower the makretcap is the better ROI or loss you can get.

Yeah good point.

I do also do proper research into the coins I buy.

I only HODL coins that I truly understand.

The rest (lower-MCAP coins) are just minor stakes for me to speculate and day-trade and to dump once it gets pumped, etc.

delitte

Activity: 168

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:30:00 PM

Indeed, investing on top altcoins are the best and highly recommended when we don't put trust on other altcoins.
Some of these good coins are Ripple, Cardano, Stellar, Tron and other low proceeds valued altcoins.
I bought plenty of Ripple when the market dipped because I knew that it will always rise due to the announcements of different giant companies that they're going to make Ripple as their blockchain partner for their clients and customers needs.

lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:51:53 PM

Yeah good point.

I do also do proper research into the coins I buy.

I only HODL coins that I truly understand.

The rest (lower-MCAP coins) are just minor stakes for me to speculate and day-trade and to dump once it gets pumped, etc.

It's same when some newbie approach me and say hey how to get into this crypto thing and they have an "secret" coin they want to invest into. Turns out that secret coin was ripple because of it's low price. But they as you say fail to do proper reaseacrch that XRP for instance is cheap due to high market cap. Many people see at the service and thats why when some coin pops they don't understand what happened. However doing proper research takes a lot of time specially when we have to many coins out there in the market right now.

Don't get me wrong investing into few top altcoins might be a good idea as certenly some of them will keep their positions and if market cap of all crypto raises those coins will raise as well.
ORS SA

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 07:55:04 PM

Interesting point.
cryptodagger

Activity: 224

Stable coin to make charity free for everyone

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:02:04 PM

What if bitcoin has gone bull run today? would your altcoins be able to survive? what if the bitcoin's price failed right now? would your coins be able to oppose the market failing ? you need to know the behaviour of each coins you are holding because you might find yourself in a bad situation when the market has gone wild,just to be safe it is better to have bitcoin as inssurance  Cool

btc_angela

Activity: 2646
Merit: 549

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:04:09 PM

Of course this strategy almost works not only in stagnant market but also in bullish. However, its more pronounce when all the price is stalling. I have been using this strategy for months now and seems to be working on my end. Although I still have some shitcoins, but hey I can't just throw them away so I might as well hold them for long term and hope to see significant growth in the future.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
mautenisis

Activity: 274

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:10:46 PM

That will only work if the market is failing but if the bicoin's market has skyrocket and you are still with these altcoins you might be trapped for more weeks when bitcoin's price has stabilize.I have been sticking with bitcoin whenever bitcoin has showing good bullish trend because you could be trapped with these shitcoins if you arent aware what will happen to the market.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:11:30 PM

This is a safe strategy, but if you whant to increase youre chances in big proffits now is the moment to invest in low marketcap coins. Those suffered the biggest drop in this period so they have the biggest discount price right now. And if history taught us something, after a dip like this there will be some coins to bring some huge surprises.

JuniAiko (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 08:13:00 PM

This is a safe strategy, but if you whant to increase youre chances in big proffits now is the moment to invest in low marketcap coins. Those suffered the biggest drop in this period so they have the biggest discount price right now. And if history taught us something, after a dip like this there will be some coins to bring some huge surprises.

The risk of low MCAP coins are too high for me.

I have invested in one ICO though after a very thorough research.
=> check out https://xinfin.io

What if bitcoin has gone bull run today? would your altcoins be able to survive? what if the bitcoin's price failed right now? would your coins be able to oppose the market failing ? you need to know the behaviour of each coins you are holding because you might find yourself in a bad situation when the market has gone wild,just to be safe it is better to have bitcoin as inssurance  Cool

So far, I've calculated, I would actually have made a lot less if I am holding BTC.
Also technologically, I do not like BTC that much; requiring so many layers of patching up that it kinda complicate things, and is only delaying the issue with scalability, vs. infinitely scalable coins such as Nano (with zero fees to boot).

I always buy Altcoin when the price dips, since my top 20 altcoins tends to dip more drastically than BTC.
And when the market recovers, those altcoins actually gains a lot more significantly vs BTC too.

Also, I am confident with the selection of altcoins that I am currently holding, especially XLM, OMG, VEN, and ADA. Wink

pedropendukot

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:17:09 PM

I strongl agree that sticking the top marketcap coins will save your ass from the bloodbaths,because these coins are the ones that are recovering faster than those shitcoins in the market,a lot of people are putting those investments to these coins when something negative happen to the bitcoin's price because surely the market will bleed and all of these altcoins will bleed.

sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:21:59 PM

The risk of low MCAP coins are too high for me.

I have invested in one ICO though after a very thorough research.
=> check out https://xinfin.io

This is also a good strategy for fast gain. I am doing this. Realising that trading isn`t for me because i lack the knowledge and lost most of my money o began investing in ICO and till now the brought to me more proffit than i was expecting. Take a look at the project from my signature, it might be interesting for you. I`m not going to praise it but look at the rating that it got from different rating sites.

pooque

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:32:38 PM

Not a good idea,because you should always the bitcoin's dominance because if bitcoin has gone wild again and you are in the altcoins,you coudl be trapped there for a long time when a bull run happens,the same as when the market is bearish you could be losing a lot from these altcoins because to what i have experience the market is shaking regardless when bitcoin's price goes up or down.

abduljacklu

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:05:40 PM

Good idea because most of the people will stick with the solid coins in the coinmarketcap when the market has showing some bull or bearish patterns,but it wont be effective if bitcoin's price will move wildly because regardless of moving up or downs these altcoins are surely will bleed because anyone who oppose bitcoin's price will surely come to its end.

nitrousteam

Activity: 154
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:20:45 PM

What if bitcoin has gone bull run today? would your altcoins be able to survive? what if the bitcoin's price failed right now? would your coins be able to oppose the market failing ? you need to know the behaviour of each coins you are holding because you might find yourself in a bad situation when the market has gone wild,just to be safe it is better to have bitcoin as inssurance  Cool

Although Bitcoin and Ethereum are not promising the big profit at least they are safe and you've never can know what tomorrow will bring. If the OP wants to hold the pointed coins he should do a thorough research on each of them because the market can change in a blink of an eye and those top coins can be dumped and the lower coins pumped.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are no rules just a good strategy and Bitcoin can be a really good backup strategy no matter how low profit you will get in a month or two.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
matsusomoto

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:35:30 PM

Staying with the solid coins are great strategy i have been using that strategy for months and it is very effective because if these coins has suffered from bloodbaths they can easily recover from it unlike those small caps coin which would take a lot of time to get recovered from that market crashes,but i really want to stick to bitcoin as possible because bitcoin dictates the faith of all the altcoins out there.

Casmania

Activity: 390
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:16:32 AM

Well, I may agree with you strategy to consider your investment mainly on the top 10~25 MCAP coins as this have much lesser risk in the current market. I would rather prefer to choose IOTA and Nano coins since the price value is much affordable and it's price charts seems to be progressively moving on the upward trend except for this current dip that we are experiencing right now. Anyway, let's wait and see in the coming days for this will recover again once BTC will increase.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: