Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:16:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Coinbase Issue  (Read 1067 times)
meowmeowbrowncow (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 01:44:17 PM

Please refer to tx

3fcc1d5f1e33c3004e2d57853e3312696b2c39f40cd82104175cf192bccc4d2a

BTC went in to my account, I sold BTC, then BTC sent to Coinbase owned address.

Transaction listing shows no record that the BTC were sold.  It's been 7 days and I've been expecting this to clear my bank.

Thanks.

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cobra

Activity: 289

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 08:56:24 PM

I think I have the same issue although it has not been that long for me. Sold BTC on 10/1 and the confirmation said funds would be in checking on 10/4. This did not happen yet.

I have had previous successful BTC sales go just fine. This time the transaction said "You sent bitcoin to Coinbase" previously it said "You sold bitcoins" The status of this transaction is showing complete but I did not receive any funds. I have a support case open but it has only been a day since receiving. I hope to hear something soon.

tx: 9180ce8f3b99b60db121460ac1f1eda25c290012
Olaf (Coinbase)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 11:19:17 PM

Cobra and meowmeowbrowncow,

Sorry for the trouble here! We had a bug that caused both of your bank transfers not to start. It has now been fixed and shouldn't happen again. I've gone ahead and credited the bitcoin back to your Coinbase account, plus a little extra for the hassle. Don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions or experience any more errors!
markjamrobin

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 11:28:48 PM

Cobra and meowmeowbrowncow,

Sorry for the trouble here! We had a bug that caused both of your bank transfers not to start. It has now been fixed and shouldn't happen again. I've gone ahead and credited the bitcoin back to your Coinbase account, plus a little extra for the hassle. Don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions or experience any more errors!

Does this affect everyone? I'm waiting on .5, to clear October 10th, and the money is still in my account.

Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 07:39:27 PM

Have the same issue. Sold coins Oct 29th and payment went into a black hole.

Transaction shows as complete

https://coinbase.com/transactions/526fe54185d37244b50000a6

Case #: 39660

Talked to Rees and Lianj, Both say it should have been pushed through Nov 1, Friday, but still nothing on my end.

Every other sell I've done has hit overnight so I've no idea whats going on now.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2013, 10:11:52 PM

Maybe you can check the status my blackhole deposit also. I have 2 deposits that have not made it to the bank. What's going on here? The ONLY issues I ever had were when selling bitcoin, but soon as you sell bitcoin when they have to give up some money, there are issues.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Olaf (Coinbase)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 10:00:32 PM

Sorry for the trouble with delayed bank transfers! This is a problem across the board right now. We made a support update about it here:

http://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1357470-delays-in-bank-transfers-from-sells
Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:26:38 PM

Sorry for the trouble with delayed bank transfers! This is a problem across the board right now. We made a support update about it here:

http://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1357470-delays-in-bank-transfers-from-sells

This might be a decent excuse had you posted last week; or had your support staff not outright lied to everyone for past 4 days.But still, no one has still received their money or a reply.

I am going on a week + now with nothing but lies and sorry messages.
fxkevin

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:32:01 PM

I have posted elsewhere as well...

Same story as everyone...

Sold 9,99 BTC last Tuesday with a Nov 1st completion date, and as of today, no money in my bank account.

I had to search here at Bitcointalk for an answer as my support ticket was never responded to nor was I informed of this update on the support web site.

After 2 failed deposits due to 'high risk' and now this, well it seems to me that either coinbase gets it act together on the communication side or their business is going to take a serious hit.

FYI I also PM'ed Olaf here yesterday and as well...no response.

Cheers...
CryptoCommodity

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:38:30 PM

I for one would like the bitcoins credited back to my account. 
fxkevin

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:40:25 PM

I am all for getting the BTC back at this point...

Though fat chance that will happen.

Obviously if the BTC price dropped 20% and they offered to return the BTC I would say no, and this will be their reasoning for not doing so now considering the 20% increase in price.

Cheers...
markjamrobin

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:03:50 AM

I am all for getting the BTC back at this point...

Though fat chance that will happen.

Obviously if the BTC price dropped 20% and they offered to return the BTC I would say no, and this will be their reasoning for not doing so now considering the 20% increase in price.

Cheers...

I'm sure they will reinstate your order, they did that for me, because my deposit was rejected, and the price had went up, but I was still given the same price.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 12:18:49 AM

Olaf did respond to me, but just pointed me to his service announcement. They never mention anything about WHEN you will receive your money. I can only guess Coinbase ran out of cash and couldn't make deposits for some people. Until that is proved otherwise, that's what the problem is. Is there was a mistake and it already has been corrected, then where is my money? Money I was supposed to get November 1st and here it is the night of November 5th. Looks more like running out of money to me, no?

When I sold my coin, I think the price was $125. BTC price has gone up to 250 right now. Coinbase could be in a tight spot here. If they can't make deposits, they should return the BTC with the newer price. We weren't the ones that made any mistakes.

Coinbase, you still have yet to mention WHEN we will be getting our money? Did you run out of funds?

fxkevin

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:43:23 AM

My sale of BTC to coinbase finally shows completed as of Nov 5th, even though I sent it on the 29th of Oct.

To me this means I am entitled to the BTC/USD price as of this date, especially considering the fact the funds have yet to be remitted to my bank.

OBVIOUSLY they did not have enough cash on hand, this is a clear cashflow issue due to the large amount of selling as the price pushed higher over the last week.

The right thing to do would be to return the BTC or honor the price as of confirmation.

Anything else means they are acting as a dealer on an OTC marketplace without a license.

Cheers,
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:34:16 AM

Are you aware this post originated on October 7th and users are still having problems getting their money? Please be honest and tell us what happened. Did you run out of funds? I remember Coinbase use to run out of funds ALL the time when they first started. They could never keep up. They did get better and apparently started buying more bitcoin. I'll be forced to contact my attorney if I don't see any of my deposits by tomorrow. The irony in all this is that money you are holding hostage is my attorney's money. It is money I owe him and I have showed him what's going on and why I cannot access my funds.

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:03:00 PM

yeah, essentially i had to cash out additional btc to cover the bill i was attempting to pay. which means i cashed out the btc that arrived in my bank account for absolutely no reason. could have gotten my 20%, i just paid a coinbase fee for the hell of it. and now i have to buy more btc. so more exchange fees. and this new, very high BTC price. sold some discount coin to some lucky soul.

guess i should have kept the coins in my wallet.

as i type this, im thinking that maybe coinbase might want to make this right by us. i just realized i was being petty diplomatic about this situation. i understand things happen. but this... sucks ass.

i wont naysay them, but im disappointed with my first coinbase experience.
fxkevin

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:20:33 PM

My funds, scheduled for Nov 1st (BTC transferred on Oct 29th) arrived today in my bank account.

As the transfer was actually initiated in the 5th I should get the rate from the 5th.

It is a GOOD thing that their is no true regulation yet on these exchangers because this would have cost coinbase a HUGE fine.

I will press them, but I am doubtful they will oblige my request.

Cheers....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: