Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:25:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MEDSToken - A Keylogger?  (Read 204 times)
fempat (OP)

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:24:37 PM

I saw a strange token in my MEW and initially thought it was an airdrop coin. The name of the token (MEDSToken) made me think the t was something related to a Medical project. But when I tried to get information about it, I could not find any whatsoever except one on this site  https://veekyforums.com/thread/8102222/business/wtf-is-this-medstoken-i-ve-received-few-meds-in-my.html that said
.Get that shit out of your wallet now man. It's a scam...kinda like a keylogger. It will log your passwords and shit then it sends it back to the address it's from
Pls how true is this? Anyone has had a similar experience? How is it possible to hack mew with this technique?

PvUtrix

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:19:04 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 09:30:05 PM by PvUtrix

I saw a strange token in my MEW and initially thought it was an airdrop coin. The name of the token (MEDSToken) made me think the t was something related to a Medical project. But when I tried to get information about it, I could not find any whatsoever except one on this site  https://veekyforums.com/thread/8102222/business/wtf-is-this-medstoken-i-ve-received-few-meds-in-my.html that said
.Get that shit out of your wallet now man. It's a scam...kinda like a keylogger. It will log your passwords and shit then it sends it back to the address it's from
Pls how true is this? Anyone has had a similar experience? How is it possible to hack mew with this technique?

You're more likely to get malware my visiting a webpage, there haven't been any cases of ethereum wallet infections yet, as far as I know Smiley

I've also received 3.66 MEDS on a few of my wallets as well btw, if someone knows what they are, do tell!
S3rj0

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:33:08 PM

I received meds too, but i think it’s only a free airdrop. Your wallet is safe  Grin
Bro.Jack.Brown

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:41:40 AM

It's very strange,because I don't participate in airdrop! And I got the meds tokens in my wallet. But I tend to think it's a promotional newsletter to attract attention.
reignier25

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:16:57 PM

same for m guys, i've received this token on my nano ledger, it's weird as i do not participate to any aidrop with this adress
hoodi

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:18:48 PM

Did not get any medstokens, but thank you for information. If I decide to get it, I will make better research.

AYPUCT

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:06:17 PM

this airdrop from ico FAIMA
I also received these tokens, although I did not register anywhere. In the telegram they also do not answer whence they took wallets for the airdrop
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:15:57 PM

I saw a strange token in my MEW and initially thought it was an airdrop coin. The name of the token (MEDSToken) made me think the t was something related to a Medical project. But when I tried to get information about it, I could not find any whatsoever except one on this site  https://veekyforums.com/thread/8102222/business/wtf-is-this-medstoken-i-ve-received-few-meds-in-my.html that said
I don't like to invest or participate in new coins that much because they can have viruses on their wallets. I suggest that you always be aware that anything can happen.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
Hati

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:49:17 AM

this airdrop from ico FAIMA
I also received these tokens, although I did not register anywhere. In the telegram they also do not answer whence they took wallets for the airdrop

I think so too, which is an airdrop from ICO FAIMA. I received 3.66 MEDS token as well. It's not the first time something like this has happened to me, and I imagine it will not be the last  Roll Eyes. In case anyone wants to dig a little deeper, looking for information on what could be, I found this analysis in ICObench (https://icobench.com/ico/faima).
N.hissan

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 08:23:24 PM

I received MEDSToken with MyEthWallet, is this an air drop?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: