Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:15:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt. Gox - Oct 15...demand official update  (Read 9230 times)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 04:23:11 PM

And he's still standing. 

How do you know that? There hasn't been seen hide nor hair nor a peep heard from him for the last 5 months.

One can hardly blame a person for not appearing in this cesspool.  Reminds me of the old religious saying "Abandon all hope ye who enter here."  OTOH, I have some respect for business persons and dev personnel who have the gumption to mix it up here on occasion.  That includes my dear old friend Boussac of Instawallet infamy.

I guess Mark is seen on IRC from time to time since some people drag in quotes from him.  One could posit that Karpeles says mum on legitimate advice from his legal counsel...but blathering away on IRC kinda argues against this hypothesis...

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 04:30:40 PM

Then why ppl from japan can get $ in ONE day from MtGox, confirmed from two sources i know?

BS.  What are your sources?

What do you think, ppl from japan with accounts there... most of them tried to find easy way to transfer $ to BTC-e and do arbitrage, but i think its not easy to get $ to BTC-e from japan....

They are silent because they profit from arbitrage a few procent`s when you cut fees

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 04:56:59 PM

And he's still standing. 

How do you know that? There hasn't been seen hide nor hair nor a peep heard from him for the last 5 months.

I personally interacted with someone using the nick MagicalTux on in #mtgox on irc.freenode.net several times with in the past 5 months.  So reports of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.

He is fighting a lawsuit from Coinbaise and civil and possible criminal charges from the US government while still maintaining a functioning international exchange.  I'm sure he has better things to do then answers trolls on this forum.

The site is up and running.  You can send and receive BTC and if you pay the 5% you can even get your fiat out.  And with a 15 - 20 point spread over bitstamp that is not a bad arbitrage value proposition event with the 5 point hit.

clock27

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 05:04:12 PM

i agree mt gox has not been kind to people for a while now i stopped using it a long time ago

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 05:25:13 PM

ye, an update would be necessary! but i still believe they will come back with a big bang  Cheesy

jaminunit

Activity: 132
Merit: 14

Co-Founder of TheStandard.io & Vaultoro.com

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 09:51:12 PM

Yeah I would like to say well done to MtGox for staying alive through all the shit!
I mean really they have been smacked down by governments, banks, DDOS, Coinbase and worst of all the bitcoin community it's self!

That is not easy to do.

They have been around since bitcoin was a baby and I think they will be back with a massive bang and with litecoin at it's side will hopefully get back to being number 1.

They deserve it after all the shit they have been through.

The trolls here should try running an exchange where everyday another roadblock gets thrown in your face.

I've been a Bitcoiner since 2010, and currently working on TheStandard.io, a next-generation stablecoin, and lending protocol.
The Standard Protocol Announcement thread
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 11:02:47 PM

with litecoin at it's side will hopefully get back to being number 1.
Hahahahahahaha, MtGox to be rescued by a scamcoin. Cheesy
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 11:19:57 PM

with litecoin at it's side will hopefully get back to being number 1.
Hahahahahahaha, MtGox to be rescued by a scamcoin. Cheesy

I'm planning to diversify once I make myself do some more research and due dilligence, and Mt. Gox would be a welcome venue for me to accomplish this.  I'd be even more happy to do it if they'd figure out a way to send me my fucking USD though.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Walsoraj

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Ultranode

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 11:33:00 PM

He kind of looks like the linux penguin
klaus
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:17:54 AM

I'd be curious if any of these troll ever ran a business, or a financial services business, or a cutting edge financial services business under attack by governments around the world.
I would not count Mark Karpeles/Mt. Gox out yet.  He's been fighting the good fight longer then most of us.
And he's still standing.  In spite of all the jealousy and envy of his success.

He is fighting a lawsuit from Coinbaise and civil and possible criminal charges from the US government while still maintaining a functioning international exchange.  I'm sure he has better things to do then answers trolls on this forum.

1+

Yeah I would like to say well done to MtGox for staying alive through all the shit!
I mean really they have been smacked down by governments, banks, DDOS, Coinbase and worst of all the bitcoin community it's self!
That is not easy to do.
They have been around since bitcoin was a baby and I think they will be back with a massive bang and with litecoin at it's side will hopefully get back to being number 1.
The trolls here should try running an exchange where everyday another roadblock gets thrown in your face.

1+

bitmessage:BM-2D9c1oAbkVo96zDhTZ2jV6RXzQ9VG3A6f1​
threema:HXUAMT96
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 09:04:09 AM

^^ +1, i think we need to support them tbh instead of bashing them 24/7
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 01:33:41 PM

Then why ppl from japan can get $ in ONE day from MtGox, confirmed from two sources i know?

BS.  What are your sources?
Yen, maybe not $, is easy to get from Gox.
Herbert

Activity: 488

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 02:03:01 PM

I would be all in for supporting Gox through their troubles if they would be transparent and honest.

With the current way they handle the situation I can only recomend everybody to GTFO of it.

www.bitcoinmonitor.net - Free payment notification via email, newsfeed, xpmm/jabber, url callback and full API access!
Send SMS with www.txt4coins.net! No registration, pay-per-use, full API access, bulk messages - All inclusive!
fattypig

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 02:14:00 PM

With Mt Gox having so many issue, do you guys think Litecoin will still jump when they announce it (hopefully) ?

Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 03:08:15 PM

I'd be curious if any of these troll ever ran a business, or a financial services business, or a cutting edge financial services business under attack by governments around the world.
I would not count Mark Karpeles/Mt. Gox out yet.  He's been fighting the good fight longer then most of us.
And he's still standing.  In spite of all the jealousy and envy of his success.

1+

That is not easy to do.

1+

Yes, those are all valid points. Most of us would fail miserably when faced with the pressure Mt.Gox has been enduring for the last 6 months.

The point is that we don't want it to die. And since they say nothing, we expect the worst. Their FB page is full of angry post of their users, their Twitter feed is comprised exclusively of genereric replies : "Dear customer, thank you for your message. Please submit ...". This is not communication... Look at Bitstamps FB and Twitter if you are unsure what I expect proper communication should look like.

However if their plan is to create a huge amount of FUD and *insert cospiracy theory*, they are doing an excelent job! Smiley
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:55:31 PM

MtGox's lawsuit is with Coinlab and not Coinbase. Smiley

MtGox is really fighting a tough battle. I can't fault them for taking so long. But I agree, some more communication would be nice.

Alpaca Bob

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:02:11 PM

Nobody wants MtGox to die.

But it would be good for everybody - arguably including MtGox, if the exchanges get distributed. Much like the actual markets perhaps, have at least a big one on each continent, and then one in each country as well.

MtGox should be the Nikkei. Perhaps Wall Street even. But not the Vatican. (So I guess everything has been going great actually, lately.)

The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
Walsoraj

Activity: 686

Ultranode

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:32:51 PM

Nobody wants MtGox to die.

But it would be good for everybody - arguably including MtGox, if the exchanges get distributed. Much like the actual markets perhaps, have at least a big one on each continent, and then one in each country as well.

MtGox should be the Nikkei. Perhaps Wall Street even. But not the Vatican. (So I guess everything has been going great actually, lately.)

Not enough overall volume for this to be effective. The result will instead be a fracturing of volume to such low levels that manipulation, including price fixing, is easier.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 06:09:37 PM

Now what fun would that be if Gox communicated and told the truth for a change?
I love how they just set the same milestones every few months and then forget about them.
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 06:16:29 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2013, 07:20:25 PM by pand70

An official update would be nice, but what if they just copy their last announcement. (Which i think is the most likely to happen)
Are we going to be happy then?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: