Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:25:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie getting started.  (Read 850 times)
ElPibeDeLosAstilleros (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:10:11 PM

Hello everyone in here, i been getting around the bitcoin mining for a week now, and when i found this forum, i tought it would be a good idea to read some before i post, so i read somthing and when i start to get some of the ideas here it went down,  so i had the whole weeked to investigate on other places, not as much complete as this is, and i saw that what im trying to do is a bit different, i dont want to get rich or anything, i just have some, not much, processing power idle for most of the day, and i think is a good idea to give a use of it, probably the benefit wont be great, but i think the concept of getting something for just leaving your pc doing someone elses work, and helping in solving something (i have no clue whats been "solved") during time, is very interesting and the aplications could be even more interesting.
I didnt started mining on a pool, since i read in here about creating a wallet on a secure way, and saw it was a bit complicated, so isaid, ill do it wih time on this weekend.
Now im asking, what pool is advisable for a person with a non-continual proces power ¿?
GhanaGamboy

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

Dadice Fixed Rate.

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 04:45:48 PM

i just have some, not much, processing power idle for most of the day, and i think is a good idea to give a use of it, probably the benefit wont be great, but i think the concept of getting something for just leaving your pc doing someone elses work, and helping in solving something (i have no clue whats been "solved") during time, is very interesting and the aplications could be even more interesting.

Yes, but CPUs and GPUs under heavy use (mining) consume more electricity than if you just doing some low CPUs and GPUs intensive work on your comp. The bad thing is, it consumes more electricity than you generate reward  Wink

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 05:18:00 PM

Try some pool which pays per share (PPS). For example Deepbit.

Thank you.

Yes, but CPUs and GPUs under heavy use (mining) consume more electricity than if you just doing some low CPUs and GPUs intensive work on your comp. The bad thing is, it consumes more electricity than you generate reward  Wink

Yes, thank you for the advice i had read that in a lot of places, and i have found a lot of people recommending me to buy some hardware, but honestly, my main purpose is to investigate, and learn.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 11:11:45 PM

A huge botnet of many, many computers was being used to mine Bitcoins using the CPUs of the computers in the botnet.

It was calculated that in order to produce $2,000 in Bitcoins the botnet consumed about $600,000 in stolen electricity.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 11:15:43 PM

You should check out some of the threads related to the subject, there's a lot of information which would help you I think.

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 11:28:09 PM

A huge botnet of many, many computers was being used to mine Bitcoins using the CPUs of the computers in the botnet.

It was calculated that in order to produce $2,000 in Bitcoins the botnet consumed about $600,000 in stolen electricity.

well that is a lot of wasted energy... i better try using part of the batch of pcs at time.

You should check out some of the threads related to the subject, there's a lot of information which would help you I think.

yeah, im checking, in fact i think thats my problem, i read and learn, and im not still feeling sure enough to create a wallet, and join a pool
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 11:56:00 PM

well that is a lot of wasted energy... i better try using part of the batch of pcs at time.

yeah, im checking, in fact i think thats my problem, i read and learn, and im not still feeling sure enough to create a wallet, and join a pool

Do what you want to do, it's better than listening to others some times. People are bias. Trial and error can be very useful.

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 03:33:06 PM

Do what you want to do, it's better than listening to others some times. People are bias. Trial and error can be very useful.

Im gonna take that advise... in my short incursion to other forums while this one was down under reparation, i felt like everyone was trying to keep me away, or selling me some "magical" artifact anyways, ill try to start right away.
zendantom

Activity: 195

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 03:41:47 PM

Now im asking, what pool is advisable for a person with a non-continual proces power ¿?

Bad pool would be Slush
Good pool would be BitMinter

Dont know how other pool works  Wink

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 12:57:07 AM

Sorry, i been looking around, i made some progress, but still i dont get some stuff, and been lloking for some hours, how to get open cl working. If i could get some oerientation, wich post i should look at... ill appreciate it , thanks.
biggzi

Activity: 543
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 01:01:00 AM

Welcome to bitcointalk! I also kinda new here but been reading loads! theres plenty of topics to keep ya busy and learn everything there is to know about bitcoins  Smiley
fattypig

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 02:15:35 AM

Hello everyone in here, i been getting around the bitcoin mining for a week now, and when i found this forum, i tought it would be a good idea to read some before i post, so i read somthing and when i start to get some of the ideas here it went down,  so i had the whole weeked to investigate on other places, not as much complete as this is, and i saw that what im trying to do is a bit different, i dont want to get rich or anything, i just have some, not much, processing power idle for most of the day, and i think is a good idea to give a use of it, probably the benefit wont be great, but i think the concept of getting something for just leaving your pc doing someone elses work, and helping in solving something (i have no clue whats been "solved") during time, is very interesting and the aplications could be even more interesting.
I didnt started mining on a pool, since i read in here about creating a wallet on a secure way, and saw it was a bit complicated, so isaid, ill do it wih time on this weekend.

http://www.coinchoose.com/index.php

This is a good site for you to get started what to mine with. Whatever you do, just don't mine Bitcoin with GPU.

easynote

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 08:24:17 AM

Welcome to the forum friend Wink

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
gerXhonza

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 08:46:48 AM

http://www.coinchoose.com/index.php

This is a good site for you to get started what to mine with. Whatever you do, just don't mine Bitcoin with GPU.

+1
Very good pool to maximize profit out of your GPUs
cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1053
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 11:17:21 AM

My idea is that all major pools are good, (pools with an hash rate near or more of 100 TH/s), PPS seems (when you start) more profittable, but by calcualtions over 6 moths of mining, in the long run PPLNS is more profittable, because pool fees are lower, i agree with one post above, bitminter is one pool with the lower fees around, look also if the pool pays the transactions fees applied to a discovered block too, 25 btc Vs. 25.xxx btc always in the long run give you extra money.

Happy bitcoining !!!  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: