Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:10:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to mine to an internal Nicehash address?  (Read 107 times)
dragonmike (OP)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:43:56 PM

I'm setting up an external miner for a friend who used to only mine with the buggy Nicehash Miner.

As he doesn't yet have an own BTC wallet, I was wondering if I could setup ahashpool or zergpool to mine to his internal Nicehash BTC wallet as a temporary measure?

He also has a Coinbase wallet but I don't think it supports direct mining to exchange wallet...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:31:59 PM

It only takes a few minutes to setup a wallet. Have him install coinomi on his phone. Why do a bunch of work to get around a problem that takes under 2 minutes to resolve?

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
dragonmike (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:52:10 PM

It only takes a few minutes to setup a wallet. Have him install coinomi on his phone. Why do a bunch of work to get around a problem that takes under 2 minutes to resolve?
...because he has an iPhone Smiley
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:19:24 PM

Never tested yet to use the nicehash address when mining altcoins with
I think you can use the coinomi wallet on their website https://coinomi.com/ just click the iPhone icon then you will redirect to ios beta version now you can create an account and use the coinomi wallet. 

What coins actually you want to mine maybe I can give you some idea if what wallet would be the best, And could you tell us if what are available devices of your friend?
dragonmike (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:03:08 PM

I think you can use the coinomi wallet on their website https://coinomi.com/ just click the iPhone icon then you will redirect to ios beta version now you can create an account and use the coinomi wallet. 

What coins actually you want to mine maybe I can give you some idea if what wallet would be the best, And could you tell us if what are available devices of your friend?

Thanks... Bah, nevermind. Wanted to set him up on Zergpool or Ahashpool and get autoexchanged to BTC. I reckon it's better indeed for him to setup a proper BTC wallet. Was just wondering if the internal Nicehash wallet would work as short-term fix.

I might just tell him to get Coinomi beta setup on his iphone. It's the best solution anyway.

Cheers
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:14:18 PM

Thanks... Bah, nevermind. Wanted to set him up on Zergpool or Ahashpool and get autoexchanged to BTC. I reckon it's better indeed for him to setup a proper BTC wallet. Was just wondering if the internal Nicehash wallet would work as short-term fix.

I might just tell him to get Coinomi beta setup on his iphone. It's the best solution anyway.

Cheers

Just in case you want to pursue nicehash, then I guess what you need to worry is the history of its security breach, and also its TOS citing that they are not already liable on any future hacks Grin

The good thing is you can freely transfer your BTC funds to Coinbase free of charge.

Was just wondering if the internal Nicehash wallet would work as short-term fix.

Yep, it would work, been done that when I need a fund to simulate NH's cloud mining, pointing out some of my rigs from MPH pool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: