Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:19:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Noob miner, mining at last!  (Read 539 times)
berupter (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 06:43:40 PM

Hello all, new miner here!

My two block erupter blades showed up in the mail this last Saturday and although it took me long hours of frustration to get them up and running (PSU issues, a blown fuse and config issues), now I am mining at last.
Outlook is bleak though, as I was checking the bitcoin stats page and saw the difficulty going up, I figured it will take me longer to break even on the cost of hardware. Prospects of ever going to make a profit are grim now with everyone getting their ASIC pre-orders I foresee the difficulty climbing dramatically putting a dent in my ROI even further.

Let's now hope the bitcoin value will explode in the next months and get rich! (Yeah, I know it's a pipe dream  Grin)
mjc

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 07:37:58 PM

Let's now hope the bitcoin value will explode in the next months and get rich! (Yeah, I know it's a pipe dream  Grin)

Hope to break even.  It's not looking like anyone ordering after April will break even in the near future.

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 08:35:24 PM

Hope to break even.  It's not looking like anyone ordering after April will break even in the near future.

ehhh...  I doubt that, the difficulty has increased so dramatically the past few months.
ouste5

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:37:08 PM

Hey guys I just bought 5 USB Asic Miner ( 336M/hs) but I wanted to know if it was better to wait and save for a bigger miner like a Jalapeno or Single...
gerXhonza

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:39:14 PM

The difficulty cannot increase forever i believe, it is only question when it stop rising
gerXhonza

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 10:42:59 PM

Hey guys I just bought 5 USB Asic Miner ( 336M/hs) but I wanted to know if it was better to wait and save for a bigger miner like a Jalapeno or Single...

I believe time is very important here

5 USB Asic Miners now  >  Jalapeno or Single months later
berupter (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 11:04:54 PM

The difficulty cannot increase forever i believe, it is only question when it stop rising

I'm not an expert on this but wouldn't the massive influx of asic miners make mining more difficult for the little guys like me to keep up? I only have two asics but I've seen some crazy setups on ebay running a full rack of 60GH/s miners!! Shocked
mininganon

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 12:58:02 AM

Just wait till early next year when all the units shipping are in terrahash range
cowandtea

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 06:15:28 AM

Hello all, new miner here!

My two block erupter blades showed up in the mail this last Saturday and although it took me long hours of frustration to get them up and running (PSU issues, a blown fuse and config issues), now I am mining at last.
Outlook is bleak though, as I was checking the bitcoin stats page and saw the difficulty going up, I figured it will take me longer to break even on the cost of hardware. Prospects of ever going to make a profit are grim now with everyone getting their ASIC pre-orders I foresee the difficulty climbing dramatically putting a dent in my ROI even further.

TH/s is coming, calculate your power consumption and sell it immediately it cannot cover your electric cost.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: