Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:49:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Governments have no authority, only leverage  (Read 727 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 12:48:48 AM

The government only has power over your life because they have more power.

You do not have rights, you are free to do whatever you want. It is only the power of others that limits what you can do and "allows you" to have rights. And you can do nothing about it unless you have more power.

I believe through Bitcoin We can achieve the power to transcend governments. We can gain leverage.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dragonkid

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 12:53:15 AM

You do not have rights, you are free to do whatever you want. It is only the power of others that limits what you can do and "allows you" to have rights. And you can do nothing about it unless you have more power.

I believe through Bitcoin We can achieve the power to transcend governments. We can gain leverage.

I hope so, too. But if government declares Bitcoin illegal, and the procession of Bitcoin wallet or anything relate to it are illegal, then they can send all of us in prison. And they win again. That is the only vulnerability in Bitcoin, the people who use Bitcoin. The protocol, design and implementation are perfect just the human factor which government can stop us.  Undecided

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 02:48:31 AM

I hope so, too. But if government declares Bitcoin illegal, and the procession of Bitcoin wallet or anything relate to it are illegal, then they can send all of us in prison. And they win again. That is the only vulnerability in Bitcoin, the people who use Bitcoin. The protocol, design and implementation are perfect just the human factor which government can stop us.  Undecided

Governments with enough power can get rid of anyone, for whatever reason. Just ask the jews.

But governments will evolve. I see Bitcoin being used in small countries and proving its worth to become that shining beacon on the hill for the rest of the world to follow.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 10:29:36 AM

Have you lot seen the trading volume of BTC? Nevermind the altcoins? Trust me, if they're going to make cyrpto currencies illegal they're going to have a hell of a fight on their hands, I'm pretty sure we're going to see a very similar set of events to what filesharing is going through.
randomcloud

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 02:16:07 AM

Have you lot seen the trading volume of BTC? Nevermind the altcoins? Trust me, if they're going to make cyrpto currencies illegal they're going to have a hell of a fight on their hands, I'm pretty sure we're going to see a very similar set of events to what filesharing is going through.

The problem is that people have to be willing to violate the law (and by that I mean just use BTC anyway, and possibly go to jail for doing so) in order to bring about change. It worked for the Civil Rights Movement in the U.S., it's what would work now. But no one in their right mind would do that because they rightly fear having their lives ruined with no one to support them because everyone else would mindlessly do what the government tells them to out of fear for their own lives.

I honestly never thought I'd live to see freaking FASCISM of all things rise up in my lifetime but here we are. Sad
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 02:17:33 AM

Trolls have no substance, only hyperbole

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Ford

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2013, 02:22:47 AM

Is this taken from Scientology quotes?
(sorry, could not resist.... good luck with your quest!)

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 02:30:02 AM

Is this taken from Scientology quotes?
(sorry, could not resist.... good luck with your quest!)

Xenu is the ultimate ruler and government of the galaxy, I'll explain more, for a nominal fee, of course.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 03:04:36 PM

God is only as powerful as His followers are willing to do His bidding.

But anyway, I like to think myself an atheist.  There are many ways to worship God but I think I'm better off without.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: