Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:33:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do we do with users like this one?  (Read 211 times)
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:39:05 AM
Merited by Bardman (2)

Greetings fellas.
Here is an example of account of Full Member with 507 posts and 0 value at all, no questions asked/except the ones regarding the campaigns/ no contribution at all.
Bumping old and closed campaigns and generating activity by quoting his reports and nothing else.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1018434

I understand that 99% of the newbies accounts, registered now are only for the bounties, but is there any penalty for such activity?
Participating in sig campaigns is OK but generating posts by quoting or answering a threads without even read the OP or the comments it's just too much.
What to do with such users report them or just let them be?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sunriseme

Activity: 29
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:46:15 AM

I would suggest live and let live...if user is not damaging the forum by spam
Let the merit system do its work

For spammers reporting, you know there exists possibility to report here (number 3)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2971165.0

al1n

Activity: 154
Merit: 29

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:56:54 AM

He is participating in some signature campaign (I guess) where the quality of the post doesn't matter.
If that's the case I wouldn't blame him, but the campaign manager. Why would he struggle to make quality posts when any crap post is paid just the same?
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:48:53 AM

Greetings fellas.
Here is an example of account of Full Member with 507 posts and 0 value at all, no questions asked/except the ones regarding the campaigns/ no contribution at all.
Bumping old and closed campaigns and generating activity by quoting his reports and nothing else.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1018434

I understand that 99% of the newbies accounts, registered now are only for the bounties, but is there any penalty for such activity?
Participating in sig campaigns is OK but generating posts by quoting or answering a threads without even read the OP or the comments it's just too much.
What to do with such users report them or just let them be?

This is a clear case of where the merit system will be put to effective use and why it has come to stay despite the deficiencies and complains that have greeted this innovation since inception. Not all users will be caught by moderators neither will all posts or users reported will be attended to because the moderators have tons of request to deal with on a daily basis. I am sure that if this merit system had been in place earlier, the user might not go beyond the position of a member or even a newbie. But one thing is sure now, if he does not change, he is not leaving that rank even if he has 1000 posts to be proud off and also sooner or later, campaigns will start requesting for minimum merit from the default.
solovev

Activity: 52
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:37:24 AM

He is participating in some signature campaign (I guess) where the quality of the post doesn't matter.
If that's the case I wouldn't blame him, but the campaign manager. Why would he struggle to make quality posts when any crap post is paid just the same?

Here is why he is getting paid:

1) First of all, most of the members here think that only long posts or merited posts will give traffic to those signatures. In reality, other small posts might be ranking in Google and thus giving them sufficient visitors. I am not sure if the campaigns managers are checking traffic brought by each applicant but they must by analyzing returns on the total payment being made.

2) We should also not forget that it is hard to find active members here.I have seen members participating with lot of enthusiasm in beginning but they are not able to even complete minimum posts further.
TheBeardedBaby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:21:49 PM

But the whole idea here is to advertise the project by wearing the signature. If you're quoting your previous report in the other bounty threads should be considered as low quality posts and you should just be removed from the campaign. Why wasting shares on posters like this one?
I guess dealing with this matter is more for the bounty management but he is still polluting the forum with mindless posts.

coin5haker

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

~bitcoin enthusiast~

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 06:13:34 PM

But the whole idea here is to advertise the project by wearing the signature. If you're quoting your previous report in the other bounty threads should be considered as low quality posts and you should just be removed from the campaign. Why wasting shares on posters like this one?
I guess dealing with this matter is more for the bounty management but he is still polluting the forum with mindless posts.

I think excessive use of quotes should be punished. People don't even bother to remove all previous quotes and just make a whole thread hardly readable. Need to send this person to Read-only, for a week, so he'll miss stakes for that particular week. That might send a message to the user, 5 warnings in a row could lead to the permanent ban.

itsandylandman

Activity: 64
Merit: 9

"Don't look back but never forget"

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 06:33:19 PM

I think excessive use of quotes should be punished. People don't even bother to remove all previous quotes and just make a whole thread hardly readable. Need to send this person to Read-only, for a week, so he'll miss stakes for that particular week. That might send a message to the user, 5 warnings in a row could lead to the permanent ban.

First actionable post in the thread. I like this one. Placing someone on a read only ban will financially incentivise the signature campaign runnin-shitposters of the world to knock it off regardless of what a bounty manager's enticing them with (to an extent) and it will be more of a risk to run around shitposting and quoting everything that pops in their head.
Even just placing them back at newbie or jr member status for a few weeks or so would do the trick.
Oh or taking merit for violations of some sort... Ive always thought that would be a good punishment system. Just take the existing reward system and integrate a disciplinary system into it.

"Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." -Napolian Hill
-Andrew Land
MediaCoin Inc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: