Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:19:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs BOUNTIES CHOOSE RANKED PERSONS ONLY OR NEW ENTRANTS WITH QUALITY POSTS TOO  (Read 85 times)
virendarnagpal (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:02:06 AM

With the introduction of new merit system, my question to all interested is whether ICO's bounty managers shall choose new entrants with quality posts / activities also or just ask for participation in their bounties by the upper rank members only as some ICO bounty managers require conditional participation restricted to higher rank members only.
We all know that a person who entered the forum only one year back is holding good position here but the persons joining now can not even think of promoting beyond the rank of member due to new merit system despite how good quality posts he can post;
Also many persons are found in barter trade even selling merits so the task for new entrants become very difficult.
sp564

Activity: 86
Merit: 36

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:06:38 AM

The merit system itself is supposed to promote good posts; if members post good posts, they will gain merit, which then reflects the quality of the underlying post. Of course the system is quite new so it may take time for people to settle into it and get used to it.

As for the bounty programs, it varies by bounty. Generally people at Jr. Member and higher can participate, but those with higher rank simply get more stakes. An alternative might be to sign up to write blog posts &c. - real quality posts - which in some bounties gets rewarded additionally to forum posts.

yomarve

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 09:11:19 AM

Every bounty manager has its own rules. You should read and understand what the conditions are before you try to get onboard. I has seen higher ranking members earn for one week what I as a Jr member would earn for 4weeks.

Create good post to bring you up. Interestingly am advising but haven't got a merit yet. It all boils down to quality post and maybe this reaches the quality standards of some persons.

https://cryptotvplus.com
boss82_big

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:17:09 AM

In my opinion, the system that is now introduced on the forum is a failure, since many newbies who write really good material and are useful simply do not get their merits and therefore they are stuck in their low rank.
Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:33:03 AM

The only reason for the introduction of the merit system was to "freeze" the actual situation, so the high rank can keep their privileges (if there were too many Legendaries, of course their profit diminished)
Now it's simply impossible to rank up, even if you write daily masterworks.
That's all, to fight spam was just a pretext.

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
Lupus Solitarius

Activity: 273
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:32:38 AM

I don't agree; the forum was flooded by spam and shitposts in the last months, and some measures were necessary.
So, even the system need some improvements, at least it stopped a bit this invasion of meaningless post.
Pease note that if the system won't work, Theymos said that he will simply stop the signature campaigns...

The only reason for the introduction of the merit system was to "freeze" the actual situation, so the high rank can keep their privileges (if there were too many Legendaries, of course their profit diminished)

virendarnagpal (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:38:46 AM

I don't agree; the forum was flooded by spam and shitposts in the last months, and some measures were necessary.
So, even the system need some improvements, at least it stopped a bit this invasion of meaningless post.
Pease note that if the system won't work, Theymos said that he will simply stop the signature campaigns...

Lupus Sir what about sale purchase and barter system of merit trading. Grin .  and after stoppage of signature are there any other sources to meet the expenditure for  running the forum
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:54:36 PM

The forum doesn't need signatures to survive, I think that paid advertising is more then enough.
May be YOU and people like you need the signatures, just to pay the bill.
But thist is not the aim of the forum.
We are here to make big money with cryptocurrencies, not to write tons of meaningless posts just to make some cheap money.

Lupus Sir what about sale purchase and barter system of merit trading. Grin .  and after stoppage of signature are there any other sources to meet the expenditure for  running the forum

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
cryptodagger

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

Stable coin to make charity free for everyone

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:05:42 PM

The forum doesn't need signatures to survive, I think that paid advertising is more then enough.
We are here to make big money with cryptocurrencies, not to write tons of meaningless posts just to make some cheap money.

I supposed you dont need the signature campaigns ? you should remove your current signature if that so,a lot of people are doing signatures for the sake of the money,that is why the merit system has been implemented by theymos to remove and fight those shitposters who doesnt know how to compose a single sentence,trying hard to communicate with others using english language.

eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:12:28 PM

Lately a lot of new forum members are looking to join signature campaigns/bounties and just post shit in order to get paid. That is in no one's interest. Its in bounties best interest to chose persons that would advertise them the most and its in forum's interest to prevent meaningless spam. Yeah I can see that Merit system have it's flaws but if you are posting just for sake of ranking up in order to be paid better, in that case I would say it's doing its job.
mautenisis

Activity: 274

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:13:33 PM

I supposed you dont need the signature campaigns ? you should remove your current signature if that so,a lot of people are doing signatures for the sake of the money,that is why the merit system has been implemented by theymos to remove and fight those shitposters who doesnt know how to compose a single sentence,trying hard to communicate with others using english language.
Funny it is how people give lessons to each other,not knowing themselves needs some lessons from the others.I couldnt disagree that most of the shitposters comes with the signature campaigns which is primarily the source of the good bounties in the forum,but it doesnt mean that the forum doesnt need this stop because i have been a website owner and i know advertisement cannot accomodate all the expenses especially when you have tons of traffics everyday.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:56:14 PM

Lately a lot of new forum members are looking to join signature campaigns/bounties and just post shit in order to get paid. That is in no one's interest. Its in bounties best interest to chose persons that would advertise them the most and its in forum's interest to prevent meaningless spam. Yeah I can see that Merit system have it's flaws but if you are posting just for sake of ranking up in order to be paid better, in that case I would say it's doing its job.
It is a mixed bag because there are benefits and drawbacks to both sides. To me then we should implement a 5 star system in which bounty managers would put you in a star slot (based on your posting history, rank, proven knowledge). I think if we did this, the "shitposters" would get 1 star at best (sometimes zero because no value) and then the actual legitimate posters would get 3-5 stars depending on their knowledge. Not only would that undue the politics and the ranking system, but the value would be deciding by a third-party who is neutral to the problems and quarrels of bitcointalk.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:37:32 PM

It is a mixed bag because there are benefits and drawbacks to both sides. To me then we should implement a 5 star system in which bounty managers would put you in a star slot (based on your posting history, rank, proven knowledge). I think if we did this, the "shitposters" would get 1 star at best (sometimes zero because no value) and then the actual legitimate posters would get 3-5 stars depending on their knowledge. Not only would that undue the politics and the ranking system, but the value would be deciding by a third-party who is neutral to the problems and quarrels of bitcointalk.

If the point of Bitcointalk was signature campaigns then that would be fine. It's just a way to earn a few tokens, and from what I can see it just creates spam on forum. I would be 100% fine if admins decided to ban them. Newbies that are here just because of that would leave and we would have a great community here.
weborsha

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:42:17 PM

It is difficult, but what can you do? - nothing but agree with the forum rules. All the people here are good at speculation, so if they are given merits, they will speculate with it and there is no surprise. The community is too fast growing so in my opinion this system was created to slow it down a bit.

junjunsalsalani

Activity: 183

equitybase: Crypto Real Estate Exchange

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:45:43 PM

I agreed the merits system has fucked up the whole rankign system but it seems it getting more effective i see less shitposter in the forum and it makes this forum more knowledgable compare to those past few months that most of the people are flooding the discussions of these shit threads,i do believe that not all those people who were trapped in their current ranks deserves it because there are many high ranks that couldnt compose an english sentence.

mrcastelo

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:16:44 AM

Not all bounty managers have the different rules when it comes to choosing.his or her participants. Some bounty managers also accepts new entrants especially in the social media campaigns and  those rank up members are only getting more stakes than the low rank ones.
Cryptomagnus

Activity: 150
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:52:15 AM

Well, there is nothing wrong in to put a signature in the meanwhile we are here on the forum.
Everyone has.
Btw, I know that a lot of people has taken the forum as a "job", but I agree: if the little money you receive from signatures is the main goal to stay here, you lose what it's really important.

BobsRepair.com  /  Powered by S T E E M
▐|       JOIN TOKENSALE | Apr 4th       |▌
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: