Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:33:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin wallet help  (Read 474 times)
chynnc (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 02:44:19 AM

Not really new to bitcoin but I'm kinda herp derp with this whole wallet situation....
I was using something like Andreas Schildback wallet [Android app] for a while and now no matter what I do I can not get the app to open.
I did some asking around and apparently I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm not sure if it's just an update issue, but regardless I want to start using a different wallet [not mobile] Obviously I want to keep what I have already but was not smart enough to do anything besides write down my address  Cry
Is there a way to import my current address into a new wallet or something?
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 05:25:05 AM

Not really new to bitcoin but I'm kinda herp derp with this whole wallet situation....
I was using something like Andreas Schildback wallet [Android app] for a while and now no matter what I do I can not get the app to open.
I did some asking around and apparently I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm not sure if it's just an update issue, but regardless I want to start using a different wallet [not mobile] Obviously I want to keep what I have already but was not smart enough to do anything besides write down my address  Cry
Is there a way to import my current address into a new wallet or something?

only if you have access to the private key.

you could either sweep the key, just send over the coins to a new address or import the priv key a new wallet. I wouldn't use the latter though, it's more insecure

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 05:50:14 AM

Yes, I think you'll need the private key to do anything.  I'd make a backup of your mobile phone and then start looking at the logcat output when you try to open the android wallet.  Maybe there's a clue there as to why it's crashing and you can fix that.  If you *do* get it to open, be sure to back up your private keys somewhere safe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: