Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:22:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 5K Portfolio Decision  (Read 158 times)
loganloganlo (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:44:23 AM

I'm interested in diversifying my portfolio as I currently have 100% into Litecoin, but can't decide on how I should split the percentages.

I'm thinking:

Bitcoin 50% = $2500
Litecoin 33% = $1650
Etherium 17% = $850 (Gets me 1.x ETH)

How does this look? I honestly think that LTC could have a bigger year than ETH, if things come into play like Litepay/Litepal.
altcointalk14

Activity: 751
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:51:19 AM

Your portfolio look very good and promising. For me bitcoin can achieve a lot but ethereum is better and i think it achieve 2000 dollars until end of 2018
mpeis007

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:56:38 AM

I'm interested in diversifying my portfolio as I currently have 100% into Litecoin, but can't decide on how I should split the percentages.

I'm thinking:

Bitcoin 50% = $2500
Litecoin 33% = $1650

How does this look? I honestly think that LTC could have a bigger year than ETH, if things come into play like Litepay/Litepal.
I would look into getting NEO, its pretty much a stable coin by now. Now it may be the smaller of the ones listed but it also has the greatest potential for returns from them all with equally low chances to lose you money. Taking into account its now at a attractive buy point (115$ from 145$ month high), and the fact it gives you passive income through GAS(which no other coins from the ones mentioned), I would definitely add it to the mix. 
maliboom

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:05:59 AM

I would reverse

Bitcoin 50% =
litecoin  17 % =
Etherium 33% =
but also buys some good altcoins. as utrust
RodneyKings

Activity: 213
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:11:22 AM

Depends really on your investment appetite but if I were to invest that amount I'd probably bet the half on BTC, 30 percent on ETH, 10 percent on LTC and the other would be NEO and LSK. The last two performed very well in the past months so I think they deserve more exposure on your portfolio  Grin
loganloganlo (OP)

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:16:57 AM

ETH seems to move up to slow for me honestly, I'm planning to hold for 3-6 months, and take my profits. Afterwards reinvest it before the end of the year.
RodneyKings

Activity: 213
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:31:24 AM

Trust your instinct and be firm on what you think is good for your investment. We're only here because you seek advice so the decision still depends on you. If you are a holder, I think you won't be losing any in the next 3 months since it was predicted that it'll become bullish market soon.
CrazeCoinz

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:37:35 AM

I'm thinking:

Bitcoin 50% = $2500
Litecoin 33% = $1650

Very interesting portfolio and it seems a good timing to buy bitcoin at below $11k USD. Bitcoin can gain more profits than ethereum as the price of bitcoin has bigger swing that ethereum. Ethereum has manange to stay at $800-900 mark that needs much attention to push higher. Although in a long investment the three coins will surely gives you a optimistic results. Good luck mate.
Scor Pio

Activity: 393
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:47:16 AM

I'm thinking:

Bitcoin 50% = $2500
Litecoin 33% = $1650

But, i think you should increase the percentage of eth and decrease bitcoin
Bitcoin become 40% and eth become 27%  Wink
desmodiAN

Activity: 164
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:01:42 PM

btc eth monero iota
rest of coins are for roulette gambling

Xxxurrrad

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:02:03 PM

I like the portfolio. Very reliable and safe, you can add, for example, Neo or 1 more altcoin to increase the possible profit.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:15:53 PM

I'm thinking:

Bitcoin 50% = $2500
Litecoin 33% = $1650

Yeah these are the top three coins of crypto currencies so it is the better idea to invest on those three coins for long term like in some years or you have to add other coins too if you want to make money in short term.
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 12:21:28 PM

How long do you think of holding this coins? I think if you think of holding these coins for more than one year, you should go with this portfolio. Because other ones are very risky investments.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:28:31 PM

I'm thinking:

Bitcoin 50% = $2500
Litecoin 33% = $1650

i guess you have put much big to litecoin while this good coin has no better speculation this year,not like bitcoin and ethereum..so i think why not change between ethreum and litecoin?but still its your decision whos will be followed
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:34:12 PM

I'd do this...

BTC 1k
ETH 1k
NEO 1k
ICX 1K
VEN 1k

Cheesy
neinnein125

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

VTOS

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:06:08 PM

I think it looks fine I also suggest you to consider 3-4 more new coins as there are great coins out there waiting to be developed. Many people enjoy current cryptomarket as prices are very low.

▄█████████████████████▄
  ▄
█████████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████████████▀
 ▀████
███████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████
     ████
█████████████████
      ████
██████████████
       █████████████████
        ███████████████
         ▀███████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
V T O S      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
MEDIUM    TWITTER     GITHUB

⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:37:39 PM

I'm thinking:

Bitcoin 50% = $2500
Litecoin 33% = $1650

Looks good, but I would suggest to also put a percentage into some smaller cap coins - more risk but more reward.

There are plenty of good big coins that you are not including, but it depends on personal perspective - some people prefer to have only a small number of different coins as this makes it easier to keep up with news.

preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:43:03 PM

I'm thinking:

Bitcoin 50% = $2500
Litecoin 33% = $1650

Not a bad split, Litecoin could go either way this year, my advice would be to change this for perhaps NEO.
50% in BTC is a smart move and should get you atleast 2x in your time frame if you get it around the $10k mark
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: