Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:24:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Block and Jerry's -- Ice Cream Delivery via Lightning Network launcing March 7  (Read 179 times)
spiffy_tycoon (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:33:47 PM
Merited by coolcoinz (1)

Hey everyone!

My name is Rob and I am the co-founder of Block and Jerry's.

We are a SF based ice cream delivery service accepting Bitcoin via the Lightning Network.

We are launching tomorrow and were just featured on Coindesk this morning: https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-lightning-risky-maybe-ice-cream-will-tempt/

Feel free to check us out: http://www.blockandjerrys.fun/

Cheers,
Rob
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chiarasboys

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:34:08 PM

Rob, this is a great idea.. in so many ways.. right time, right product for early alpha LN.

One suggestion.. quote btc prices in a different denomination.. 99% of the public can't think in terms of 0.000392 vs 0.0000392 vs 0.00392. For those interested in btc, the ux is so important, and the btc denomination is an overlooked component of that.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1104

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:49:45 PM

Great idea, hopefully I'll soon be able to order such a delivery straight into my home, especially that the icecream looks yummy in those pictures. I also like the names, but you could be even more creative with those, go crazy. If lightning gets accepted by real businesses we'll finally be able to spend coins on different merchandise without having to buy gift cards and show the world that micropayments are possible with Bitcoin.

eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:20:43 PM

Trying to capitalize on Bitcoin's popularity. Very smart move. You could do a bit better job regarding your website if you are really serious about this, and not just making it for the sake of promoting Lightning Network. Better website will definitely attract more customers. (Don't get me wrong, current design is good, but the combination of background, cards and font is just wrong...)
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:32:06 PM

Very good starting point, using bitcoin and the lightning network. This certainly is a win-win situation, your business gets the attention and lightning network is pushed and promoted. Hopefully this will be a success formula and other businesses will be triggered to accept Bitcoin.

ldah94

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:44:41 PM

an excellent way to implement the blockchain technology to your business, the website has a good attraction. This is positive for the community because more people are becoming familiar with bitcoin and the lightning network. good luck!
strickland

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:49:27 PM

Hey everyone!

My name is Rob and I am the co-founder of Block and Jerry's.

We are a SF based ice cream delivery service accepting Bitcoin via the Lightning Network.

We are launching tomorrow and were just featured on Coindesk this morning: https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-lightning-risky-maybe-ice-cream-will-tempt/

Feel free to check us out: http://www.blockandjerrys.fun/

Cheers,
Rob
Lightning Network is already available for people that have Bitcoin? It would be cool if  you guys could ship the Ice Cream worldwide.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:53:51 PM

Trying to capitalize on Bitcoin's popularity. Very smart move. You could do a bit better job regarding your website if you are really serious about this, and not just making it for the sake of promoting Lightning Network. Better website will definitely attract more customers. (Don't get me wrong, current design is good, but the combination of background, cards and font is just wrong...)

They can defeneetly work on more information on the wbesite plus these moving clouds are moving customers attention to the background and make it harder to read the text.
francoise

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:55:08 PM

wow is this real through the lightning network, it will be wonderful. hope this solves scalability issue for bitcoin.
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:20:35 PM

This we need for major adoption, we have to have more services providing this kind of service plus they are pushing lighting network. Sadly you guys are to far from me as I even don't leave near you and I really mean it. But it is good when we see these kind of news, hopefully coindesk has given you good exposure to continue to grow your business. I am sure if more people notice this you are going to get sales and there can't be another perfect time than now to accept future of world payments in cryptocurrency plus with LN. All I can see keep up the good job, I might hopefully sometime in future have an opportunity to come to your shop.
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:25:14 PM

another way to increase the spending of  bitcoins in an effort to increase public usage and knowledge . This is bitcoin doing its civic duty as its helping in the creation of start up entrepreneurs which every economy needs to develop and sustain itself.

Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:34:50 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2018, 08:51:40 PM by BitCryptex

Thanks for helping Lightning Network to become more usable! What a pity that you only deliver in San Francisco, I would definitely try you service if lived there. Please, let us know after some time if you had any problems with accepting Lightning Network payments e.g. randomly closed channels etc. Could you tell us to which or how many nodes you are connected to?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: