Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:45:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Negotiation with government  (Read 3002 times)
Ayush rana (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:13:55 PM

What if people convince governments of their nations to make Bitcoin as a legal currency or what if we agree to give tax on our bitcoin income? Will government then make Bitcoin a legal currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Minnasan

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:21:48 PM

What if people convince governments of their nations to make Bitcoin as a legal currency or what if we agree to give tax on our bitcoin income? Will government then make Bitcoin a legal currency.

I think that is not an easy matter, even if more than 60% of citizens in a country support the government crypto would not issue a policy on its support (even if there is a tax on every transaction and income), because as far as I know (from this forum) very much the opinion that the government wants full control over crypto in the country, different if the country wants to enter and join the crypto space.
and the tax policy in every income in my country has been imposed on every crypto investor (but still crypto is still illegal and not illegal) and of course there are still many people who are absent to pay income tax from crypto. so far this is all I know Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   DICE.money   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀|   A NEW GENERATION SOCIAL CRYPTOCURRENCY   |▀
Cofee mix

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

Assignments Trading Platform

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:42:30 PM

It's a good idea, but I think it's not an easy problem that can only be done easily, most people in a country would not agree if bitcoin is used as a legitimate currency, certain people who participate in the negotiations must be 89% of it will not.
It is certain that the government of the negotiating country will not do it.

ZIGGURAT ICO ▮ BE PART OF THE FUTURE ▮ ZIGGURAT ICO
ICO Start: Nov, 20, 2017 ▮▮ ICO Duration: 150 days
TwitteInstagram[Early Bird Bonus]100% to 1%[Amount Bonus]FacebookReddit
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:48:01 PM

To negotiate with the government is to show its weakness. We have different goals. Such negotiations have no prospects. I think we should use bitcoin and not pay attention to the opinion of governments. Only when governments admit they've lost will they make concessions. It may be a long road, but we have to follow it.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:48:34 PM

Taxation on any earning will be good for helping poor in that concern country since these fucking politicians corrupting here in this world so if we pay the taxes properly also that will not goes to people again.
If the taxes really goes to country well fare no one here worry to pay their taxes same thing applies for the bitcoin earning too.
I expect your idea to become true buddy. I am not sure how long it will take but will become a legal currency in every country.
rockyfeller

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:54:21 PM

About the negotation with the government. There's a rumors that the G20 summit will held a meeting on March 19 and 20. Guess what? A Mega Cycle bull is comfirmed. bitcoin is coming on our way. They will legalize Bitcoin for sure.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER

beskid

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:59:00 PM

A huge part of people do not understand the purpose and how the crypto currency works. It takes a long time for people to accept the crypto currency, and if this happens, then it will not be necessary to persuade the government!
kabelpeggek

Activity: 173
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:02:03 PM

preferably like that, than the government forbids its citizens using bitcoin.
should be applied rules and taxes to bitcoin users. it will also increase state revenue.
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:03:29 PM

To negotiate with the government is to show its weakness. We have different goals. Such negotiations have no prospects. I think we should use bitcoin and not pay attention to the opinion of governments. Only when governments admit they've lost will they make concessions. It may be a long road, but we have to follow it.

Agree with you on this.

Crypto is created so we don't have to be worried or persuade anyone of anything. It is peer to peer and government should not interfere there. But I also understand that almost everyone will come to a point where they would want to sell crypto and get cash, and that creates problems...
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:03:44 PM

About the negotation with the government. There's a rumors that the G20 summit will held a meeting on March 19 and 20. Guess what? A Mega Cycle bull is comfirmed. bitcoin is coming on our way.

I like positive predictions, and this one of them. When I think about it
I think why not? G20 is big happening, they need to discuss about crypto-
currencies, it is not big it is huge!
   I never paid attention of big political happenings, but on this one I will.
You made me interested, if they make positive environment for crypto-
currencies that will be a huge for all of us who have some coins! Why not,
there are some smart politicians that see the crypto-future as we do here,
it will be interesting to see what will happen on that summit!  I will be
optimistic about it!

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:09:23 PM

There's no need for negotiations with any government. The governments will accept cryptocurrencies, but after having regulations. That means transactions will be taxed and are no longer decentralized. And that's just not what cryptocurrencies were made for.

bizul

Activity: 1064
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:10:22 PM

This topic has been addressed multiple times, privacy altcoins should solve the regulation issue with ease. Privacy altcoins that provide true anonymity to protect the users, and provide decentralization to protect the blockchain, are a valid solution to make any cryptocurrency immune to any regulation. Be careful, as most privacy altcoins claim privacy but not truly anonymous.

It wouldn't be appropriate to leave without a recommendation from my side, so I have to mention what I believe will become the leader in the future of privacy cryptocurrency. DeepOnion achieves privacy by integrating Tor, a solid platform for user anonymity, along with OBFS4 bridges and MEEK to circumvent censorship and snooping. The project is huge and cannot be summarized in a single post. DeepOnion is still in the airdrop phase, distributing the coins to the public for free, check the link in my signatures to join.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    OWN ONION   •  TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬  (✔) DeepVault Blockchain Notary   •  DeepSend Privacy Tech  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
Umkar

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:12:07 PM

No negotiations with the governments make no sense. It is unlikely that any government will agree to talk simply with individual citizens. Recognition of crypto currency as a means of payment is still maturing. Recently, the European Court of Human Rights has ordered the German government to recognize bitcoin as a means of payment. This means that such a decision will also be mandatory for 41 countries that signed the 1950 Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms. So bitcoin will soon be a legal tender in most countries.
Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:15:13 PM

We don’t need any negotiation with the government because time will come they will realize how good cryptocurrency is. In the future for sure they will make bitcoin as a legal currecy, but it really takes time before that things to happen.
Aleksandr_ov

Merit: 44

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:16:59 PM

it is necessary that the government should be replaced differently the present will not give a full development, the politicians have their own business, and by introducing bitcoins or other crypto money they receive as a result an outflow of capital from the business that entails bankruptcy! so this is a long question!
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:28:33 PM

Agree with you on this.

Crypto is created so we don't have to be worried or persuade anyone of anything. It is peer to peer and government should not interfere there. But I also understand that almost everyone will come to a point where they would want to sell crypto and get cash, and that creates problems...
While I agree with both your sentiments about interference and government should mind their business, is your stance the same with taxation? Because if you want Bitcoin to ever be legal currency and ever have an ounce of legitimacy, you will most certainly have to pay taxes. If you don't want to, sure hide your funds and spend your whole life hiding and running around. That won't be me, I can tell you that.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
taeewo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:29:00 PM

Government are so afraid to legalise bitcoin because of the anonymous transaction as most see it way of laundering and promoting shady deal.
repan
Copper Member

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 08:37:20 PM

you can't really generalize. Tax is not the only concern of governments. Take China for example, bitcoin was (and is) really threatening their artificial inflation, they want to keep the yuan low so it trades well against the dollar.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 08:46:53 PM

No country will include Bitcoin as legal tender. This is because mst people cannot accept it in settlement of a debt.
Which countries have made it illegal to own Bitcoin?

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Ayush rana (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:59:17 AM

Government are so afraid to legalise bitcoin because of the anonymous transaction as most see it way of laundering and promoting shady deal.
What if governments somehow manage to link our unique id with Bitcoin wallet and bank account. Or what if government manage to make such crypto wallets which can record the transactions details.
Like every time we use internet we registered our devices with its unique MAC address and IP address so government can use those IDs to track transactions.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: