Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:47:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining address  (Read 146 times)
MisterKT (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:29:53 PM

Hello all,

Could you expert please tell me how many addresses are needed to mine Ethereum for example?
I have found on the internet that you needed a wallet public address to send the coin that was mined, what else?

thanks
ccgllc
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

Math doesn't care what you believe.

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:31:56 PM

One wallet, with one receiving address, is all you need per coin you wish to mine.  Multiple addresses just make your housekeeping easier - like being able to keep track of what you make from different pools:  just set up a different address for each pool.

Mined for a living since 2017.  Dabbled for years before that.
Linux admin since 0.96 kernel and Slackware distributions on (4) floppies...
MisterKT (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:43:01 PM

Thank you.
I saw on a video that there were two different addresses on the same mining software, is that for management ease (coins sent to two wallets) or because it uses different pool?
ccgllc
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

Math doesn't care what you believe.

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:57:40 PM

Thank you.
I saw on a video that there were two different addresses on the same mining software, is that for management ease (coins sent to two wallets) or because it uses different pool?

That would be a specific configuration issue for whatever mining software you are talking about.  Likely its just different pools.  It it VERY common to have a primary pool defined and one or two backup pools defined.  Doing so protects you when the primary pool goes down (not that the major ones do very often), and allows you to continue to mine on one of the backups.  When the primary comes back up, most mining software will switch you back to that primary.

ps.  Ignore the scammer that replied, he/she/it will likely be banned soon.

Mined for a living since 2017.  Dabbled for years before that.
Linux admin since 0.96 kernel and Slackware distributions on (4) floppies...
MisterKT (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:59:27 PM

Thank you.

That would be a specific configuration issue for whatever mining software you are talking about.  Likely its just different pools.  It it VERY common to have a primary pool defined and one or two backup pools defined.  Doing so protects you when the primary pool goes down (not that the major ones do very often), and allows you to continue to mine on one of the backups.  When the primary comes back up, most mining software will switch you back to that primary.

ps.  Ignore the scammer that replied, he/she/it will likely be banned soon.

Ok got it. thanks
in that case, can all the mined coins be sent to the same wallet?
Or is it recommended to have separate wallet for security purposes?
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:00:38 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 10:48:37 PM by leowonderful

Thank you.

That would be a specific configuration issue for whatever mining software you are talking about.  Likely its just different pools.  It it VERY common to have a primary pool defined and one or two backup pools defined.  Doing so protects you when the primary pool goes down (not that the major ones do very often), and allows you to continue to mine on one of the backups.  When the primary comes back up, most mining software will switch you back to that primary.

ps.  Ignore the scammer that replied, he/she/it will likely be banned soon.

Ok got it. thanks
in that case, can all the mined coins be sent to the same wallet?
Or is it recommended to have separate wallet for security purposes?
I generally send all my mining rewards to my cold wallet address (a Ledger Nano S) for the sake of convenience. Most people I know use one wallet for mining rewards; it's simpler for consolidating inputs into one wallet for lower fees.
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:02:29 AM

Thank you.

What you watch in the video may do dual-mining or showing you to add a backup pool, what mining software that used in that video? basically, you only need one wallet address as receiving address when the pool (if you do pooled mining) sends your mining results.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: