Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:20:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ⛔ Crypto Pump and Dump Groups - What are they and Why you should STAY AWAY  (Read 131 times)
TheCryptoBillionaire (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:40:30 PM

Every day, we read posts everywhere that go something like this:

"I noticed it was already about 200% but blinded by greed I just decided to click on the coin name, everything was happening so fast. Prices kept changing every millisecond and I placed an order at the last asking price and picked up 250 units of the coin before I knew it the prices came crashing down. All happened within two minutes, I lost half a bitcoin"

This is the work of a pump and dump group. Pump & dump groups are made up of people seeking fast profits on the cryptocurrency market by deceiving others.

WHAT IS A PUMP AND DUMP?

Pump and Dump is a...

Read the rest of the blog post in here:

https://steemit.com/crypto/@migkast/crypto-pump-and-dump-groups-what-are-they-how-do-they-work-and-why-you-should-stay-away-with-insider-pics

Enjoy!
cryptomorphines

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:49:33 PM

You wont be a vic if you are not joining a hyped coin,you will notice a pump and dump coin if there are no fundamentals or news but the coin's volume has increased exponentially,that would a pure a pump and dump so you can stay a way from these type of coins or else you will face a lot of consequences losing a lot of money if you are trapped with the hyped coin.
Daveeoff

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:03:44 PM

Stay away from pump and dumb groups everybody or you will get burned! Stick to trading or investing where you make your own research.
atliens99

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:05:21 PM

obviously, you are just giving money ot the group leader. They buy the coins way before they announce which ones to buy.
Victor Beckham

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:33:56 PM

Sorry, but this is nothing new. I think everyone with a little bit of experience knows to stay away of Pump and Dump Groups. The members are the victims of the leadership.

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:25:02 PM

Sorry, but this is nothing new. I think everyone with a little bit of experience knows to stay away of Pump and Dump Groups. The members are the victims of the leadership.

I agree with you that experienced people know this, but we are not all experienced am I right? This is just an attempt to keep the new members of our crypto community away from these scams!

Greetings

PS:Check the best Crypto shirt collections at:https://cryptobillionaire.store/collections
al.nechiporuk

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:30:52 PM

There are many examples when people lost money buying some coins on recommendations from similar groups. Therefore, you need to be careful and believe only yourself.
arthotdog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:53:41 PM

Stay away from pump and dumb groups everybody or you will get burned! Stick to trading or investing where you make your own research.
Now tell me,how could you say that we should stay away from those pump and dump group when we dont even know them,and we dont even part of their group..but if talking about individuals whos having this attitude from their trading strategy,i dont see any deceiving here because i believe that to gain.theres someone who must loss,thats the balanciof market and thats out nature here in cryptoworld.

There are many examples when people lost money buying some coins on recommendations from similar groups. Therefore, you need to be careful and believe only yourself.
Thos victims are the greedy members of this community,and they deserve that since they dont even make research before putting an investment
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 06:01:59 PM

It's usually newbies who tend to join these kinds of groups. Usually they even charge you an entry fee for joining.
I mean, aside from being wrong from a moral point of view, it's also likely that they buy large volumes themselves before the actual pump.

It can look very tempting to join, but afaik it could even be illegal to participate.

Portia12

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

ADAB ICO

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:07:51 PM

It is just a group of people pumping the coin and then dumping it,
The only Victim would be the last investors who bought the coin in the high price before they dump it.

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:27:48 AM

Now tell me,how could you say that we should stay away from those pump and dump group when we dont even know them,and we dont even part of their group..but if talking about individuals whos having this attitude from their trading strategy,i dont see any deceiving here because i believe that to gain.theres someone who must loss,thats the balanciof market and thats out nature here in cryptoworld.

Thos victims are the greedy members of this community,and they deserve that since they dont even make research before putting an investment

Greedy members? Everyone is here to make some profit, and the ones who say they are not are bullshitting us or themselves.

The new guys just get seduced by promises of easy gains and need to be educated.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: