Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:15:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 27 confirmations and counting...  (Read 1627 times)
BitcoinForumator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 03:26:09 PM

Why so much and how much more can there be?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 03:29:57 PM

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Main_Page
BitcoinForumator (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 03:39:27 PM

BitcoinForumator (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 03:44:37 PM

Can't navigate through this salamy.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 03:46:03 PM

By the amount of knowledge you demonstrate to have maybe you should start at the "Introduction" page Roll Eyes
BitcoinForumator (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 03:55:33 PM

By the amount of knowledge you demonstrate to have maybe you should start at the "Introduction" page Roll Eyes

Next time just answer the first question instead of wasting 2 posts.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 03:59:39 PM

The transaction get 1 confirmation the first time it is included in the blockchain, thereafter it gets a new confirmation each time a new block is found. Goes on to infinity.
BitcoinForumator (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 04:03:39 PM

The transaction get 1 confirmation the first time it is included in the blockchain, thereafter it gets a new confirmation each time a new block is found. Goes on to infinity.

Ok and is it 100 percent certainty it will get there? I've sent a test amount of bitcoins to some address and it's been hours. All the transactions i've done so far have gone through in under an hour with 6 max confirmations.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 04:17:58 PM

Ok and is it 100 percent certainty it will get there? I've sent a test amount of bitcoins to some address and it's been hours. All the transactions i've done so far have gone through in under an hour with 6 max confirmations.

You really need to start here.  From the questions you're asking, it makes me worried that you're using bitcoins at all.
BitcoinForumator (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 04:22:21 PM

You really need to start here.  From the questions you're asking, it makes me worried that you're using bitcoins at all.

Funny. I'm not gonna dig through this weed. If you can't make a simple answer why even bother giving a link. To make a point "google knows everything point"? Great, victory for you.
BitcoinForumator (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 04:26:00 PM

Also, btw, there are different levels of knowledge and experience. I'm sure when you need something you also ask on a forum from time to time and you don't go through some "weed" ALL of the time. I'm level 1.2 and you're level 3.4 and you need a level 4 answer. Are you gonna search half an hour for the exact 4.1 answer or are you going to post a forum question?
BitcoinForumator (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 04:27:28 PM

Also, i did my due before and google "bitcoin confirmations" and after 2 pages and half an hour couldn't fidn this." So fuck me for asking here. Next time, smartass, just avoid this post in the first place and go doing something productive for you.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 04:30:38 PM

Also, i did my due before and google "bitcoin transformations and after 2 pages and half an hour couldn't fidn this." So fuck me for asking here. Next time, smartass, just avoid this post in the first place and go doing something productive for you.

Perhaps you should of queried "Bitcoin Confirmations".

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Confirmation

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 04:32:01 PM

Also, i did my due before and google "bitcoin confirmations" and after 2 pages and half an hour couldn't fidn this." So fuck me for asking here. Next time, smartass, just avoid this post in the first place and go doing something productive for you.
My gosh dude, SERIOUSLY GO AND READ THE MAIN PAGE
I Fully understand your position on this question, But the answer to it is So Fucking Obvious that it is frightful to know that you're attempting to use bitcoins

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 04:34:23 PM

Next time just answer the first question instead of wasting 2 posts.
Next time go read the wiki instead of spamming here  Roll Eyes

BitcoinForumator (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 04:36:10 PM

This is exactly where I started before even posting here. Sorry, but in my eyes this link is technical mumbo jumbo. Level 1.2. From my limited experience i assume it will get there for sure, but i don't know up to how many hours it can take. I don't care about "nodes, confirmations, blocks". Neither does your father (probably) Cheesy
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 04:43:41 PM

This is exactly where I started before even posting here. Sorry, but in my eyes this link is technical mumbo jumbo. Level 1.2. From my limited experience i assume it will get there for sure, but i don't know up to how many hours it can take. I don't care about "nodes, confirmations, blocks". Neither does your father (probably) Cheesy
If the amount is very small and there is no fee, the transaction may not make it into the blockchain. If not, the money will still be on your from-address, but you will have to wait until it times out before you can try again.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 04:47:46 PM

I don't care about "nodes, confirmations, blocks".

Why start this thread querying about confirmations then?

BitcoinForumator (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 04:50:26 PM

Thanks. Finally a more layman answer. Some of you get all riled about because the noob doesn't understand the obvious (for you). Look, i made a transaction from Bitstamp and it was 0.01 (it's tiny but it's not super tiny and i assumed there was fee. I have read before that with "no fees" it could take more time. Uptil now i did let's say 50 transactions total and didn't get this experience of this many confirmations.
BitcoinForumator (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 04:53:12 PM

I don't care about "nodes, confirmations, blocks".

Why start this thread querying about confirmations then?

Look at my first question. It's very layman. I asked if it's sure to get there and how much time can it take. I don't need the technical node stuff because it's almost like reading chinese.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: