Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:49:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A new proposition  (Read 146 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
alia_alt (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:13:09 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 10:27:54 PM by alia_alt

This is @alia's alt. For full disclosure, I have been accused of running a "long con" where I pay people profits and in the end run away with the money after accumulating enough.

I'd like to propose an idea for a new gambling thread. Now, before you neg trust me, just read this and give me your opinions. I will not run any service without the necessary precautionary measures to insure everyone's safety.

1. Bets will be made with a minimum of 0.01 BTC and a maximum of 0.1 BTC. This is a pre-requisite for the method (it makes things a lot easier). The maximum is set to insure that I do not scam anyone (since I have already handled upwards of $2k and paid out upwards of $5k, so it shouldn't be an issue).

2. The script and the site(s) I use will remain entirely private. I would like two members from bitcointalk to receive my script, as well as my username on the site, and the site name. I would prefer these users to be ibminer and RGBKey, although theymos would also do. I would like both users to audit the script. This means that they will receive the script in its entirety and can run it, check it, and verify the numbers that I am posting here. This will be done well before the service begins. They can also track my progress with the user link, where they can see every bet I make and my exact profit and loss. If someone makes a profit, they can see how, and if they make a loss, they can verify it as well.

3. The aim will be 15% ROI. I will keep 5% of this and send 10% to you (you make 110% on your deposit). As per the script in it's current form, this will work approximately 9992 out of 10,000 times (the chance of you losing your entire deposit is 0.074990933%, under a tenth of a percent). I would like this figure to be verified by the auditors as well.

4. There will be a very strict one customer at a time policy. I would ideally like there to be one customer per day. Here's how this is going to be. The customer posts on the thread, stating the amount they would like to deposit (0.01 to 0.1 in 0.01 increments). I will reply to them with a deposit address. The customer should quote the address, archive the page, and then post "deposit sent" and should post their return address. Now, no other customer should ask to deposit anything. Only when I reply to the last post with the return transaction ID should a new customer make a post. Everything will be done in the open and I will not accept dealings via PM or Skype making it 100% transparent.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Do you see any flaws in this, or do you think it can be improved? Please let me know below. Thank you. I'm looking forward to your replied (@ibminer and @RGBKey) as I would like you both to not only audit the script but also have my user link where the bets will be made. Thank you

Edit: I am not running the script as of now (am trying out new strategies) but have decided to post my account here for further evidence. https://bustadice.com/player/makealiagreatagain

During the actual betting, only the script will be used, not my own untested strategies.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:28:09 AM

3. The aim will be 15% ROI. I will keep 5% of this and send 10% to you (you make 110% on your deposit).

The big question here is.

If you can make 15% ROI why not bankroll yourself and keep the full 15% rather than split it with others?

A consistent 15% compounding interest accrues a lot of value over time. There are studies which conclude that many successful and wealthy stock market traders only manage to earn 15% ROI per year on their investments. If you had a "magic script" which could mirror those types of metrics, why not keep it to yourself? And better yet, why announce it publicly where admins of sites like bustadice.com might become aware of it, and patch whatever advantage your script hopes to leverage?

Also I might announce something similar in the future. Although my plan will address some of the questions which your post raises and hopefully answer them in a way which might satisfy skepticism.  Wink
alia_alt (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:53:00 AM

3. The aim will be 15% ROI. I will keep 5% of this and send 10% to you (you make 110% on your deposit).

The big question here is.

If you can make 15% ROI why not bankroll yourself and keep the full 15% rather than split it with others?

A consistent 15% compounding interest accrues a lot of value over time. There are studies which conclude that many successful and wealthy stock market traders only manage to earn 15% ROI per year on their investments. If you had a "magic script" which could mirror those types of metrics, why not keep it to yourself? And better yet, why announce it publicly where admins of sites like bustadice.com might become aware of it, and patch whatever advantage your script hopes to leverage?

Also I might announce something similar in the future. Although my plan will address some of the questions which your post raises and hopefully answer them in a way which might satisfy skepticism.  Wink

Good questions.

I am doing this for two main reasons:

1) To be altruistic and distribute profits to users
2) To redeem my broken reputation

A secondary reason includes the fact that I would not like to risk my funds on this, since I am not rich, and losing even 0.01 BTC will be quite a hard blow for me.

Also, I forgot to mention in the OP: each 1% takes 3 mins 40 seconds, so 10% would take ~40 minutes, and so on.

Oh, and it's not magic. It's calculated risk.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: