Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:00:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mercedes-Benz To Launch Crypto Coin. Good News To Crypto Space?  (Read 218 times)
valnd (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:16:35 AM

I was going through crypto news headline early today and I spot this new that Mercedes-Benz presented its own Blockchain-based digital currency called MobiCoin at the Mobile World Congress 2018 in Barcelona

According to the news source, The project started in February 2018, and it was created to reward drivers for environmentally-friendly driving habits, i.e. smooth and safe driving at low speeds. The project will be in its testing phase for the next three months, during which 500 drivers who follow eco-friendly driving practices will be rewarded with MobiCoins.

What is your thought about the news?

Good news to the cryptos space Or It doesn't change anything ?

Read the full article here: https://cointelegraph.com/news/auto-giant-behind-mercedes-benz-launches-crypto-coin-to-reward-eco-friendly-driving

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:23:19 AM

I was going through crypto news headline early today and I spot this new that Mercedes-Benz presented its own Blockchain-based digital currency called MobiCoin at the Mobile World Congress 2018 in Barcelona

According to the news source, The project started in February 2018, and it was created to reward drivers for environmentally-friendly driving habits, i.e. smooth and safe driving at low speeds. The project will be in its testing phase for the next three months, during which 500 drivers who follow eco-friendly driving practices will be rewarded with MobiCoins.

Read the full article here: https://cointelegraph.com/news/auto-giant-behind-mercedes-benz-launches-crypto-coin-to-reward-eco-friendly-driving
Day by day number of altcoins are entering into the crypto platform. So this is not change anything in the crypto market Bitcoin is always rule the market other top 10 coins are occupy the same position. Because peoples are already believe top trending cryptocurrency they never change the mindset so Mobicoin also useless coin.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:56:13 AM

Too much alt or ICO launched each day, but we can still say that it does affect it, many of their buyers whose using their items or supporting them might engage also in crypto if they are not yet in it. It might not affect much those who already knew that crypto exist but to their supporters and soon supporters it might matter. And I'm a fan of Mercedes Benz, I knew some employee of their company before.

Tramle091296

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 01:01:51 AM

Well its Good opprtunity to those whos experiencing cryptocurrency now and how to use it. Its less hassle for the customer to buy It. Will observe if the creation of this token of mercerdes comapany will affect the cryptocurrency the other coins. we know that customers that matters but we cant say until the result of their cryptocurrency comes.

CuresToken.com
»   Decentralizing the Health Care System   «
────────  Facebook TwitterLinkedInBountyTelegram  ────────
yanto@1977

Activity: 686

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:10:18 AM

Good news and make crypto world grow up faster than another financial instrument. They try to follow trend use their capacity as transportation industry with big money and high skill expert they have, create something to get something. I hope another industry will follow Mercedes-Benz because more ICO project meaning more ideas and more opportunity to create income for us.

ThachSanhTp

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:39:32 AM

Many people said Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency is just bubble while many company/ organization/ government issued their own cryptocurrency or apply blockchain technology.
Bendz

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:51:09 AM

News is very useful, it shows that more and more large companies are starting to glance and go directly into the crypto world. Indirectly means crypto slowly began to be accepted by various circles. I can only hope other companies can follow the footsteps that have been done by the Mercedes-Benz company.
PaxtonFabian

Activity: 128

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:54:13 AM

this is good for the crypto world first the people were like this is scam no big companies are getting in on the action
GlennChristopher

Activity: 116

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:57:06 AM

heads will defiantly turn this is good news for the crypto world.
SGToken

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:58:04 AM

Not interested in any private blockchain. They are not transparent and trustless at all.
Linhkej

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:02:56 AM

wow, that's good news for the crypto market. But that's just rumors and Mercedes-Benz plans have not yet been implemented. That may be the whale's way to attract more people into the crypto market. I will wait for some more time and I will find out for myself.
If that is the real intention of Mercedes-Benz then it will have a positive impact on the crypto market.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 02:07:57 AM
Merited by Vod (1)

How i wish they would just launch on an existing blockchain like Ethereum. Or even some so-called "enterprise grade" ones like IBM's hyperfabric.

I understand the need for concerns regarding proprietary data, privacy, ownership, and whatever else stuff like that but if they are afraid of those things then i believe they are missing the point of blockchains. Making your own crypto? Whut. Leave that to the real devs, you are a CAR MAKER.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:15:05 AM

Their ideas are excellent, as they support friendly and safe driving. But I think this coin will exist within the mercedes benz community only, because if we have a car with another brand and we are driving friendly we certainly will not get rewarded. I am sure if the coin is successful, then the demand and sales of his car will increase as well.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:21:44 AM

At this stage it doesnt really change anything, but it definitely is good news, gaining strength and recognition as bigger names and brands only add credibility. As for the idea itself, it should be great for merc community, though low speeds and mercedes! Roll Eyes
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1441

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:36:56 AM

Mercedes-Benz To Launch Crypto Coin. Good News To Crypto Space?

@valnd. No, it shows that all those companies who think they need a coin and a blockchain are descending to a new kind of stupid just to ride something that has suddenly become fashionable to increase profits.

If you reckon that it would benefit you, it won't. Big companies are only there to enrich themselves.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
endlings

Activity: 90

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:51:25 AM

I think it's fictitious to grab some of the hype through gimmicks because if they were really Mercedes-Benz, they would only use blockchain technology instead of a coin, which is not in line with the strategies of those listed companies .
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:05:06 AM

I mean, it can't be bad that an automotive giant is launching a cryptocurrency.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:07:58 AM

Well, I think that does add to the curve in the cryptosystem. It siould be a good thing. But really I am not surprised to say the least. Every company wants to make more profit and the blockchain technology affords them that opportunity. Mercedes entry will open more admiration from the automotive industry and we expect more to come in as time goes by.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:12:09 AM

Looks like the " Crypto Space " is expanding after all. Mercedes taking part in the community is a big deal and can be a medium to attract more people towards crypto.
Although the project doesn't seem more effective to me it can bring many big investors into the crypto community.
I don't think that the project will run successfully for a long term because the concept is too small. If the project is expanded in future then it might elongate the growth but until then the chances for it to make a good impact in the market are very low.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
crestella

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:51:50 AM

Mercedes-Benz To Launch Crypto Coin. Good News To Crypto Space?  This is a remarkable thing, I'm sure this project will be a great success on the crypto market later if this is genuine, who does not know with this giant company, and I believe the coins on sale reach hardcap and sold out before the project ends, and certainly a lot of people who want to invest in this program later.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: