Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:44:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mercedes-Benz To Launch Crypto Coin. Good News To Crypto Space?  (Read 222 times)
LeroyBro

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:53:59 AM

I mean, it can't be bad that an automotive giant is launching a cryptocurrency.

Well, no, but as a corporate giant - they might introduce heavy regulations to the coin. And like many corporations, they want a profit from the crypto pie.

So to put two and two together, I can see it having some drawbacks as a coin.

============== Interested in ICOs ==============
deloreswest

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:58:45 AM

I was going through crypto news headline early today and I spot this new that Mercedes-Benz presented its own Blockchain-based digital currency called MobiCoin at the Mobile World Congress 2018 in Barcelona

According to the news source, The project started in February 2018, and it was created to reward drivers for environmentally-friendly driving habits, i.e. smooth and safe driving at low speeds. The project will be in its testing phase for the next three months, during which 500 drivers who follow eco-friendly driving practices will be rewarded with MobiCoins.

What is your thought about the news?

Good news to the cryptos space Or It doesn't change anything ?

Read the full article here: https://cointelegraph.com/news/auto-giant-behind-mercedes-benz-launches-crypto-coin-to-reward-eco-friendly-driving
the good news is more are adepting blockchain technology which is good thing but dont think it will change anything. Maybe it will drive more company into blockchain and it will be good

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:12:28 AM

I hear this news for the first time. The news is certainly stunning in all senses of the word. I think that Mercedes Benz will make the right choice, namely, the choice in favor of the Crypto-currency. Therefore, I think that it is necessary to support from the beginning
rockie87

Activity: 163

ICOForums.net - A Cryptocurrency & ICO Forum

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:54:21 PM

I was going through crypto news headline early today and I spot this new that Mercedes-Benz presented its own Blockchain-based digital currency called MobiCoin at the Mobile World Congress 2018 in Barcelona

According to the news source, The project started in February 2018, and it was created to reward drivers for environmentally-friendly driving habits, i.e. smooth and safe driving at low speeds. The project will be in its testing phase for the next three months, during which 500 drivers who follow eco-friendly driving practices will be rewarded with MobiCoins.

Read the full article here: https://cointelegraph.com/news/auto-giant-behind-mercedes-benz-launches-crypto-coin-to-reward-eco-friendly-driving
Is definitely a great news and will boost the trust of the people on cryptocurrency.Mercedes is not a small company,it is globally acclaimed company and if they launch a coin the news will be around the globe which certainly increase the curiosity of the people to learn about crypto and to invest in it.

_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣___▁
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
 ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  www.icoforums.net  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅
marcripto

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:30:47 PM

It is certainly good news. Mercedes-Benz is a giant in the automotive industry, its interest in the blockchain sector with the creation of its own cryptocurrency means that it will give more credibility and visibility to the cryptocurrency sector
abduljacklu

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:47:37 PM

Another fake news,mercedez dont need the blockchain technology these FUDers somehow is using these fake news to bait those noob investors,last time i check FUDs like TON,UBER,STARBUCKS AND AMAZO didnt work and today another fake news from these speculators who wants to make the world believe these news,they are using these news to create fake ICOs to steal money from people.

johnyespapa

Activity: 257
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:56:21 PM

Mercedez benz doesnt need a cryptocurrency,LOL another fake news spreading like what TON ICO is,people are always making big jokes just to pump the market these brands dont even care about cryptocurrencies,it might be true but morelikely it is just another FUD so that people will buy those fake ICO tokens,did you hear anything from the TON? none because that is just fake news.

thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:18:20 PM

It is a good news for the space, but there are many platforms that have tokens already, it just depend on the use of these tokens and also remember the many bone of contention in the space is the idea of ICO and not tokens. I don't think Mercedes-Benz is looking to raise fund from the public
JustusJones86

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:20:18 PM

I think all companies should focus on one or two coins... We have too many coins already! So whats the point in starting new cryptocurrencies (Except trying to make money)?
cryptomorphines

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:23:11 PM

This is another fake news to pump the market,these manipulators surely wants to pump the market so they can make billions of dollars from these manipulations,mercedez benz doesnt need a cryptocurrency all of these news are fake ones the first one was TON or the telegram open network which suspectedly a potential scam.
NorihiroName

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:24:00 PM

That's probably good because more official and famous names, big players in crypto industry - mean higher credit to the industry as well as higher interest, isn't it?

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
cryptobobo

Activity: 210

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:34:16 PM

This is getting more ridiculous,first the TON' secret ICO which for sure now is a scam,second the uber,amazon and starbucks and now mercedes benz? what a joke this cointelegraph is well known of spreading FUDs and you shouldnt trust this source,all of these market manipulators are payiing these websites to spread these lies so they can easily manipulate the whole market.

waorana

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:03:15 AM

If the news is confirmed and true, it is certainly a very good news. In any case, I'm sure that in the coming months/years many large companies worldwide will enter the blockchain sector and those of cryptocurrencies, because this is a real revolution

Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:27:47 AM

Companies have been increasingly accepting the blockchain. This is definitely the beginning of the system change.

Bills will be gone and replaced by cryptocurrency.
It is not unlikely that other major companies will also accept Blockchain, The crypto currency.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:30:14 AM

Its just beginning. I think its rewarding token similar to burger king token. But these are just start.
We will see more loyalty coins around soon. Warming up with loyalty tokens than we will see more valuable coins around.
IOT is growing!
bohboh

Activity: 499

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:11:57 PM

That's a superb idea and a great one for cryptos world, that will prompt new innovative idea around the world concerning cryptos. That will pave way for cryptos famous and demanding. 
aalborg

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:27:12 PM

Wow! So, I am surprised with this new! I believe it is really great step of crypto formation in our economy. For such big and popular company as Mercedes-Benz with high reputation it is enough brave decision to accept crypto. But crypto is innovation and such large conpanies can understand that the best way to save strong market positions and be competitive is to accept innovations. So, Mercedes-Benz will get large profit, I am sure!
empowrofficial
Copper Member

Activity: 161
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 01:23:02 AM

Looks like the " Crypto Space " is expanding after all. Mercedes taking part in the community is a big deal and can be a medium to attract more people towards crypto.
Although the project doesn't seem more effective to me it can bring many big investors into the crypto community.
I don't think that the project will run successfully for a long term because the concept is too small. If the project is expanded in future then it might elongate the growth but until then the chances for it to make a good impact in the market are very low.

Exactly - even though they may not actually have a coin that can be used outside of their own blockchain, it gets the casual person more familiar with crypto, which helps all blockchain projects gain visibility.

empowr.com   //   #GET YOUR SHARE : AIRDROP
The inventor of virtual currency - Community gets initial supply for free
lopez cryptomania

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:08:00 AM

Whenever we see a major company launching its own currency this is good news for the industry. Can't wait to see many more companies follow in the same suit.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: