Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:45:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remaked Post For Having A Bad Idea.  (Read 134 times)
cabalism13 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:51:42 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2018, 03:29:15 AM by cabalism13

Remaked.

I was reading a thread regarding to the user whose begging for Merit points, and after reading such comments and replies, I intended to come up with an Idea without noticing it would be a Bad Idea.
And I was given by this three (3) people below my post a negative perceptions towards my post which I actually accepted it and deleted my post as fast as I can.

I'm running out of good Ideas what to contribute here in the forum and that's also the reason why I came up with just telling you why did I have such comments below if the OP is even different to what they are infusing.

So many threads that are repeated, and even discussed already in every sections of these forum. With these mistake I happened to learned that it just not a matter of posting to contribute but also to understand each and everyone here in the community.

To those THREE people who suddenly took my post with such replies I humbly thank you for noticing my work even if its a Bad Idea.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fbo62

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:00:48 AM

You fine users, that won't work, because I bet 80% that they aren't going to pay it what causes problems.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:41:34 AM

mhmmmm..... Well, the reason we don't have set "This Offense = This Penalty" is because things aren't so black and white. You can be permabanned on your first offense without any pm warning if its appropriate, or you might get 50 warnings. Intent is a good part of it, people who accidentally make a few poor posts aren't penalized as hard as those who are clearly here to make as many posts as possible. People who have a few slip ups but are generally good posters might not even get a warning, whereas someone who's ratio of good to bad posts may get one sooner. Another example is someone who breaks a rule accidentally vs someone who is breaking it intentionally but trying to avoid detection. While ignorance of the rules isn't an excuse, its far more excusable than someone who knows they are breaking rules but continues to do so.

We aren't going to fine anyone, that is a terrible idea. It would create an extortion market, not from moderators, but from individuals. "Hey pal, for 0.01 BTC I wont report this post that'd get you banned"
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:50:49 AM

I think what we have now is enough to keep away shit posters as well as farmed accounts to keep away from posting shit and earning a lot. A permanent ban and even a fee is too much of of a penalty for being a shit poster, I mean why will they pay for their ban to be lift off if they can create a new account instead (More attractive to  Newbie - Member Rank Users)?  The merits systems prevents shitty members for ranking up, the SMAS list is preventing Spammers from joining any campaign who is part of it, while the campaign managers are actively monitoring the post quality of every members part of their campaign. Shit posters only reason in being in Bitcointalk is to earn with those three being implemented it will only take time for them to personally quit on going to Bitcointalk.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1792

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 03:16:44 AM

-snip-
While ignorance of the rules isn't an excuse, its far more excusable than someone who knows they are breaking rules but continues to do so.

From my point of view, both ignorance of the rules and continually breaking the rules are basically the same.
Users who didn't care about the rules for one bit should never be allowed to post after all (maybe this is too extreme?).

I agree that accidental rules breaking should not be treated the same as someone who breaks the rules intentionally.
But if someone ignores the rules continously, then they are basically don't care a bit about the forum.

I see a lot of this behavior on my local board. It is clearly stated that they must read the pinned thread. Even if you are new to the forum, it so easy for you to see that guidance thread after all. But sadly, they just don't care as long as they can increase their post count for the signature campaign they've joined. The irony is, not only newbies do that. Even a Sr. Member did.

Are they different from someone who keeps breaking the rules? I don't think so.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:34:26 AM

-snip-
While ignorance of the rules isn't an excuse, its far more excusable than someone who knows they are breaking rules but continues to do so.

From my point of view, both ignorance of the rules and continually breaking the rules are basically the same.
Users who didn't care about the rules for one bit should never be allowed to post after all (maybe this is too extreme?).

I agree that accidental rules breaking should not be treated the same as someone who breaks the rules intentionally.
But if someone ignores the rules continously, then they are basically don't care a bit about the forum.

I see a lot of this behavior on my local board. It is clearly stated that they must read the pinned thread. Even if you are new to the forum, it so easy for you to see that guidance thread after all. But sadly, they just don't care as long as they can increase their post count for the signature campaign they've joined. The irony is, not only newbies do that. Even a Sr. Member did.

Are they different from someone who keeps breaking the rules? I don't think so.

Oh of course, I mean someone who broke a rule once or twice in a single occurrence that did it genuinely by accident will not be punished as hardly as someone who is trying to avoid being caught (some exceptions apply). Once you've done it once and you now know, the warnings are over. Frankly speaking, there are a lot of people who haven't read the rules, and some of them are just fine. Basically, as long as you aren't spamming or doing anything illegal, the moderation staff will never pay you any mind. There are a few small rules here and there that may not be 100% common sense like many of the anti spam rules are, like deleting your old bumps and such, but we do keep in mind that some rules are easily missed, and give more reminders than bans about them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: