Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:44:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DeepOnion Comparison Chart  (Read 111 times)
runner-yc-0621 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:04:53 AM

I wish I could take credit for this, but I noticed it on BCT and wanted to share it here as I believe it should help you guys through the current price slide - things will get better!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sweeesh

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:07:35 AM

Love it Onions are a great privacy coin for sure!  Have to wonder how BTCP will affect the whole sector though.
chiggx

Activity: 117

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:17:29 AM

agreed, onion is a great privacy coin. great features and a great community...

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 05:18:44 AM

correct me if i am wrong but this table is intentionally ignoring one extremely important factor when it is comparing different anonymous coins.
and that factor is the fact that anonymity is optional in DeepOnion while it is on by default in Monero. and what this means is that you can not call DeepOnion fungible which is a big downside in an anon coin.

--looking for signature--
themonkii

Activity: 672
Merit: 124

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 05:19:45 AM

Few adjustments need to be made to the image, but it still does a great job of underlying how well we're doing.

Genesis Network - GENX Payment Ecosystem  ☑ No ICO☑ No Premine☑ Fair Launch
Equihash 192_7 PoW─[ Maturity-Based Masternodes ]─ ANN Twitter Discord Reddit      
GitHub Pools Explorer Infographics ● ────[ ForumExchanges ]──── ●
Angelia46

Activity: 238

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:20:07 AM

It was because the DeepOnion was an anonymous token that I was worried.
Although DeepOnion has a very large community, but currently anonymous tokens, widely used in money laundering and other illegal activities, so governments may limit the development of the anonymous tokens, so this is why I will not invest in anonymous tokens.

themonkii

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 05:24:09 AM

correct me if i am wrong but this table is intentionally ignoring one extremely important factor when it is comparing different anonymous coins.
and that factor is the fact that anonymity is optional in DeepOnion while it is on by default in Monero. and what this means is that you can not call DeepOnion fungible which is a big downside in an anon coin.

While I respect what you're saying - the fact that it MUST run through the TOR network to work + the fact that there are additional layers of anonymity that can be enabled - more than exceeding that of Monero should suffice for the person only interested in trans. speed.

Plus, and sadly it cannot be represented in the image above, we have additional layers coming in the near future which we're currently testing in house.

themonkii

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 05:26:52 AM

It was because the DeepOnion was an anonymous token that I was worried.
Although DeepOnion has a very large community, but currently anonymous tokens, widely used in money laundering and other illegal activities, so governments may limit the development of the anonymous tokens, so this is why I will not invest in anonymous tokens.

C'mon - that's like saying cash buys guns, so you refuse to pay your mortgage/rent with it. DeepOnion in noway, shape, or form endorses the facility of illegal transactions through the use of $onions. This has been clear from the very conception, and continues to be our position.

Osaid1
Copper Member

Activity: 358
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 07:09:07 AM

May DeepOnion grows and hit 100$ in a month  Grin (JK)
Thank you, everyone and specially the DeepOnion community.

nikisev

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Im the very decease you pretend to be

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:23:20 AM

DeepOnion is a great project.
But lately i got messages removed from official DO forum just for saying that progress is not to my expectation.
I didnt even used F word or something.
And comments on my post before it was deleted where stupid , like "he is here only for money".  Which is 100% correct and i cant imagine what other reason would drive all of us here.
Anybody here to find cure to cancer? All the tokens gained are donated to WFO?
And one of killing features of DO is voting by community for changes in DO. I dont know what such community can vote for. Like...more bounty campaigns?
My big concern for DO is luck of technological leadership.
If anybody from beloved DO community reads this is, i dont mean it like insult im just expressing my point of view.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
msukairi

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:30:03 AM

The coin will be one of best coin privacy wise, after the end of airdrop everybody will now about this.
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:32:38 AM

This is a good comparison. Are deeponion source codes (wallet, blockchain, etc) are all in github now? I recall that was one of the concerns before.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: