Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:40:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Build Crypto Mining Rig W/ Less Than $2000 - Beginner Tutorial - ETH XMR  (Read 284 times)
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 05:32:48 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2018, 02:57:09 PM by VoskCoin

https://youtu.be/0OreuQjbsyM

Today I review how to build the best beginner mining rig with a cost of ONLY $1400-2000 dollars depending on the price of parts when ordered. I build a 8x RX560 GPU Mining Rig that I bios modded in the exact same manner shown in the bios mod video blow
VoskCoin Bios Modding w/ 1 Click Guide - https://goo.gl/zBtE65
VoskCoin 1050 TI 8x GPU Budget Build - https://goo.gl/zjRDCT
VoskCoin Best Bang 4 Buck Mining Rig - https://goo.gl/HLxgR6
VoskCoin Rx560 Monero XMR Crypto Hashrate https://goo.gl/aF97o7

VoskCoin is an Amazon Affiliate
USA - http://amzn.to/2FkY7rA UK - http://amzn.to/2Djwajh
CA - http://amzn.to/2DgK5qn DE - http://amzn.to/2CYEgkq

Full Rx560 Mining Rig Build Parts List w/ Alternatives in the YouTube video description
http://amzn.to/2tj2Aci (Rx560 search) Order up to 8 gpu*

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:48:58 AM

What kind of hash rate are you picking up? I hate to be redundant if you mentioned it in the video, but I don't have any sound right now so it wouldn't do me much good. It seems like you might be using more parts than needed to get the acquired goal. Beginners would be better served by fewer parts IMO, so with this being the case you would probably be able to cut down on all of these cards and just go with a pair of 1080TIs that you find for a good price. All of these cards would be taking up much more electricity than a couple 1080tis I would think and they give you more of a chance for failure with so many moving parts. More time spent RMAing and all of that. I suppose one benefit would be that when something does fail you would be out a less significant portion of your hash rate, unless it turns into a domino effect.
FalconZA

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:19:03 PM

Nice review, but I'll never advise anyone to get 1050Ti's and RX560s. The lack in VRAM is just bad for long term. Add that to the efficiency rating compared to GTX1060s and 1070s... It's just not advisable. Rather get 3x 1060 6GB and add more later.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 02:53:20 PM

Nice review, but I'll never advise anyone to get 1050Ti's and RX560s. The lack in VRAM is just bad for long term. Add that to the efficiency rating compared to GTX1060s and 1070s... It's just not advisable. Rather get 3x 1060 6GB and add more later.
thanks, I see your POV, a big part just comes down to what people can buy. I'd rather have more expensive, fewer, but denser rigs
I think that's one of the best ways to get into this (adding cards as you go)

Some people won't buy the more expensive cards, but they will buy 8 sub 200 cards and thats what I tried to gear the video towards

VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 02:55:47 PM

What kind of hash rate are you picking up? I hate to be redundant if you mentioned it in the video, but I don't have any sound right now so it wouldn't do me much good. It seems like you might be using more parts than needed to get the acquired goal. Beginners would be better served by fewer parts IMO, so with this being the case you would probably be able to cut down on all of these cards and just go with a pair of 1080TIs that you find for a good price. All of these cards would be taking up much more electricity than a couple 1080tis I would think and they give you more of a chance for failure with so many moving parts. More time spent RMAing and all of that. I suppose one benefit would be that when something does fail you would be out a less significant portion of your hash rate, unless it turns into a domino effect.
~13.6 / 108 mh/s @ 585 watts drawn

That was actually my previous recommended beginner build (2x 1080 ti and 1070 mini) however prices everywhere are jacked and a super compact $2000 rig (assuming you got decent deals on parts) turned into a $3000 rig in todays market . . lol

Some people just prefer the cheaper cards, personally I'm focused on 1080 ti and 1070 ti rigs myself but I'm trying to expand my content some

crypto_tricky

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:47:54 PM

Hey there, good to see you here. I watch a lot of your videos!

Do you prefer any particular type of risers yourself and would you recommend them? Like 6-pin PCI-E, Molex, 103C, 006C, etc... I'd like to build a rig with 1080 Tis Smiley

Thx and say hi to Tails from me!  Grin
EthanB

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:15:34 PM

t was actually my previous recommended beginner build (2x 1080 ti and 1070 mini) however prices everywhere are jacked and a super compact $2000 rig (assuming you got decent deals on parts) turned into a $3000 rig in todays market . . lol

I guess it is harder to find a 1080ti priced well for ROI than it is to find 1050's with the same criteria. It would just kill me to settle for lesser cards when I know a little bit of diligence would get me stronger cards that ROI quicker for the same overall price.

Do you prefer any particular type of risers yourself and would you recommend them? Like 6-pin PCI-E, Molex, 103C, 006C, etc... I'd like to build a rig with 1080 Tis Smiley

I don't think 1080TIs need risers, never heard of anyone having a sufficient need for these with their 1080ti rig. Some people just put them in there as a precaution or out of habit.
crypto_tricky

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:39:33 AM

I don't think 1080TIs need risers, never heard of anyone having a sufficient need for these with their 1080ti rig. Some people just put them in there as a precaution or out of habit.

What on earth are you talking about?  Huh
EthanB

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:49:34 PM

I don't think 1080TIs need risers, never heard of anyone having a sufficient need for these with their 1080ti rig.
What on earth are you talking about?  Huh

It would have been nice if you actually brought something to the discussion. I'm assuming this means you disagree, but you've not explained yourself or clarified a position. You can set up a perfectly fine mining rig, without risers of any kind. I've known many people to run dozens of 1080tis at once that have never even considered risers. There are endless amounts of problems that pop up with the usage of risers and the benefits they provide are mostly nullified by better planning/design. Their usage can be avoided, while saving money and without losing power is what I'm talking about. You can set up a rig with less of a chance of failure, for cheaper without them.
sncrypto1985

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:16:07 PM

I don't think 1080TIs need risers, never heard of anyone having a sufficient need for these with their 1080ti rig.
What on earth are you talking about?  Huh

It would have been nice if you actually brought something to the discussion. I'm assuming this means you disagree, but you've not explained yourself or clarified a position. You can set up a perfectly fine mining rig, without risers of any kind. I've known many people to run dozens of 1080tis at once that have never even considered risers. There are endless amounts of problems that pop up with the usage of risers and the benefits they provide are mostly nullified by better planning/design. Their usage can be avoided, while saving money and without losing power is what I'm talking about. You can set up a rig with less of a chance of failure, for cheaper without them.

Let's assume you are hooking up 6x 1080ti's to a system board that has 2x pci-e x16 and 4x pci-e x1 or whatever. You could plug in two cards directly, and for the other 4 are there different options other than risers?

Just trying to clarify as you say their usage can be avoided but I don't see an alternative mentioned.  Thanks!
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:26:04 PM

I use the RX580 in my rigs. I prefer to have less GPU but more profit margin. The most popular coin for mining now is ETH. What will you mine with RX 560? My opinion that RX 560 this yesterday day. For this reason, the price of these GPU is kept at a low level. It is better to buy more advanced equipment and add a GPU at least the appearance of money.
EthanB

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:20:19 PM

Let's assume you are hooking up 6x 1080ti's to a system board that has 2x pci-e x16 and 4x pci-e x1 or whatever. You could plug in two cards directly, and for the other 4 are there different options other than risers?

Just trying to clarify as you say their usage can be avoided but I don't see an alternative mentioned.  Thanks!

The alternative would be buying a different board. I don't know why you would buy a board that doesn't support what you plan to do with it. I understand risers have been solid for people in the past, but I've done fine just buying boards that have the amount of slots I plan to use. I guess I've just had the benefit of not being put in a position or situation where I am trying to make something work that wasn't meant to. If you buy a board and a bunch of cards that you didn't research, then I guess yeah you could use risers to fix your mistake. I just wouldn't suggest them as a first option or a priority.
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 02:59:15 PM

t was actually my previous recommended beginner build (2x 1080 ti and 1070 mini) however prices everywhere are jacked and a super compact $2000 rig (assuming you got decent deals on parts) turned into a $3000 rig in todays market . . lol

I guess it is harder to find a 1080ti priced well for ROI than it is to find 1050's with the same criteria. It would just kill me to settle for lesser cards when I know a little bit of diligence would get me stronger cards that ROI quicker for the same overall price.

That's the exact issue, finding a reasonably priced 1080 TI, when their price point moved over $800 usd they became a lot less appealing most of mine were bought for 650-700

NateDogg187

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:58:17 PM

The alternative would be buying a different board. I don't know why you would buy a board that doesn't support what you plan to do with it. I understand risers have been solid for people in the past, but I've done fine just buying boards that have the amount of slots I plan to use. I guess I've just had the benefit of not being put in a position or situation where I am trying to make something work that wasn't meant to. If you buy a board and a bunch of cards that you didn't research, then I guess yeah you could use risers to fix your mistake. I just wouldn't suggest them as a first option or a priority.

it is kinda hard to find a board to do 8 NVidia gpus on one pc or to do 8 nvidia and 8 amd on same pc. there are some boards with 4-6 slots and one that I know of with 8 (octominer) but risers are easy and there is a semi cheap mobo that you can hook 16+ cards to.. so having 3-4 pcs to do the job of one is a massive waste of resources/money. asus b250 mining expert. you can hook 3 separate psu's up to it for whatever combo you have in mind.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: