Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:03:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should buy Altcoin would be better than Bitcoin?  (Read 120 times)
puluo (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:10:08 AM

For income, whether to buy altcoin is better than to buy Bitcoin now Smiley
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:46:35 PM

For income, whether to buy altcoin is better than to buy Bitcoin now

It doesn't appear as though you've gotten any bites on your discussion here. I would encourage you dig a little bit to figure out why that may be. If I were to impose my own personal opinion, then I would say that it is because you have put very little effort into formulating your question. This is not conducive for engagement and it is very unattractive for anybody to put effort into something even you do not deem worthy. I've come back to your thread here a couple times over the past few hours trying to figure out a way to answer you in a way that would be meaningful. I'm having a tough time because I cannot figure out exactly what you mean by the question. For income is a very terrible way for describing your interaction with cryptocurrency. I do not think that simply buying Bitcoin or an altcoin is sufficient to be called income. It is not reliable, it is not predictable and it is not consistently profitable. There is no sure fire answer for which coin is going to give you guaranteed profit tomorrow. If you're asking which coin is better to invest your income into, then I would encourage you to do your own research. Everybody has their own criteria, but Bitcoin brings something unique, meaningful and innovative to the table and this is why it has garnered the attention and maintained the longevity that it has. Coins that are not creative and useful beyond what is already available are surely going to disappear or at best become a pump and dump.

Ask a more specific question for a more specific answer. Nobody knows where you are aiming so nobody can tell you how to hi your target.
nmax21

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:58:41 PM

I think now it is better to buy bitcoin, it fell sharply in price, before the big growth. Have time to buy at a good price

DeepChipolino

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:08:45 PM

Do you want to profit from investments? Are you are more risky, but more profitable or more vigilant, but less profitable? In the price all has fallen, therefore right now all is suitable for buy.

nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:09:13 PM

It depends on altcoin, as most altcoins have little market cap compared to bitcoin, it would be better but it is certain that investing in altcoins has more risk than bitcoin, zero sum game.

sonomaguy

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:12:25 PM

In my opinion the bitcoin itself is the grand storage of value comparable with gold. For gold and bitcoin as well there is the rule "buy and hold". Therefore, the lean limit of transactions is not crucial for the incease of value.
For more transactions and usability there is the "zoo" of altcoins.
Nonetheless DASH might outperform BTC for a while. So I have both in my portfolio.
thedarksun

Activity: 639
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:14:47 PM

I think now it is better to buy bitcoin, it fell sharply in price, before the big growth. Have time to buy at a good price. So do not hesitate to buy it and do it while it's still time
Brito

Activity: 243

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:16:33 PM

Honestly, I'm not sure which is better, BTC or altcoins. But anyway, I think there are some alcoins that have very great potential in the next one or two years to jump to the moon, and BTC can always jump immense.  Smiley

Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:20:30 PM

It all depends on which altcoin you buy if you want to succeed and benefit from altcoin, you should buy altcoin which has strong support such as:
Etheureum (profit earned is decreasing)
Ripple (profit earned is very significant)
Neo (profit earned is very significant)

However for me personally Bitcoin remains the best and always at the forefront.
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:24:59 PM

I think now it is better to buy bitcoin, it fell sharply in price, before the big growth. Have time to buy at a good price

Altcoins can give you much higher return than bitcoin. Because it is harder whenever bitcoin breaks new ATHs to give you 2x or higher returns such as 10x in small period of time, where as with altcoins you have much higher opportunity to 10x your money. However altcoins because of even faster price changes -  have huge problem if we talk about that if it dumps it can dump really good and thus you can lose a lot. Plus with many altcoins to chose from it can be real pain to chose the most profitable one out there.
OuterTech

Activity: 294

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:34:41 PM

No matter which coin will you buy to get profit. I think the important thing is when you buy these coins. Although you choose Bitcoin or altcoin but if you buy at ATH, it'll be very terrible, you might become a panic seller to cut your loss. But Bitcoin price is really high atm so if you have small amount of money I think altcoin is better option for you but don't buy any altcoins out of top 20 on the coinmarketcap.

bhantom

Activity: 673
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:36:20 PM

Bitcoin in this year can achieve 20 000 dollars or more. So if you buy one coin you can get 10 000 dollars in one year. I think that's enough to show you what's better
idgaf007

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:39:11 AM

No matter which coin will you buy to get profit. I think the important thing is when you buy these coins. Although you choose Bitcoin or altcoin but if you buy at ATH, it'll be very terrible, you might become a panic seller to cut your loss. But Bitcoin price is really high atm so if you have small amount of money I think altcoin is better option for you but don't buy any altcoins out of top 20 on the coinmarketcap.

this is very true you just need to find the right time to buy the coin I suggest you follow his advice, I would also add that you at least need to do a little research about the coin that you are buying so that you can gain confidence in it and avoid panic selling.

●  ▌█  Dbrain - AI happens  |  Sign up for Alpha  █▐  ●
A blockchain platform to collectively build AI apps
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:37:06 PM

this is very true you just need to find the right time to buy the coin I suggest you follow his advice, I would also add that you at least need to do a little research about the coin that you are buying so that you can gain confidence in it and avoid panic selling.

Are you serious guys?? It still does matter for which altcoin you opt for. Some of them, or at least hopefully most of them with good road map and dedicated dev team should see higher price but it is not certain. What if you buy some shitcoin will it simply raise in value? Well nobody can guarantee such thing. And to my mind it is better to do research and grab a coin that will do potentially well than to buy one coin that will barley move or that will dump. This is one of the worst advices I've heard so far.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: